~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

Taking a step back, I recommend everyone taking a few deep breaths and appreciate what just happened.

I could list a dozen caveats to what I am about to say. Areas where things are still dire and liberals are playing catchup. But we should all just appreciate what we just avoided.

If the Republicans had kept the House and Senate with a clear message that after all the corruption, vile behavior, and disregard for voters that Trump and the GOP has spewed over the past two years they would have came away with one message. We can do whatever the fuck we want with absolutely no consequences. And what they would have felt empowered to do at that point I find almost unimaginable.

Whatever comes next, we avoided that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The recent wage growth has largely been in blue collar professions. 

And while any nominal wage growth is wonderful, real wage growth remains anemic.

I have to admit that I'm surprised by the momentum at this point. It could be much better, but it is showing signs of life.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Right now it just feels like a real shitty night for the Senate. To be a little numb to just how creamed we're getting in the Senate. Especially with the elation of winning the House.

But every one of these close Senate seats we lose makes it that much harder of having any hope of taking back the Senate in 2020.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They called Feinstein the winner at 51% with 5% reporting

Makes sense.  You had 2 democrats running against each other for the Senate seat.  Neither were a good choice for GOP voters in the state, so I'd assume they mostly voted for Feinstein.  And then they threw up a little in their mouths. 

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Taking a step back, I recommend everyone taking a few deep breaths and appreciate what just happened.

I could list a dozen caveats to what I am about to say. Areas where things are still dire and liberals are playing catchup. But we should all just appreciate what we just avoided.

If the Republicans had kept the House and Senate with a clear message that after all the corruption, vile behavior, and disregard for voters that Trump and the GOP has spewed over the past two years they would have came away with one message. We can do whatever the fuck we want with absolutely no consequences. And what they would have felt empowered to do at that point I find almost unimaginable.

Whatever comes next, we avoided that.

Nailed it. The Constitution, somehow, shockingly, continues to work in the long-term favor of the Republic.

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Makes sense.  You had 2 democrats running against each other for the Senate seat.  Neither were a good choice for GOP voters in the state, so I'd assume they mostly voted for Feinstein.  And then they threw up a little in their mouths. 

Eh, I had hope she'd be voted out. Still seems close to me.