~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I don't. I hope he has far worse nights than tonight. I hope he has nights so bad he wishes he was dying of cancer. 

Get professional help man.

Man the amount of angst from the republican side in this state is scary. 

A posting from the community that my wife work's in has talk of arming up to "take care of the libturds that were elected before they can destroy this great state." I'm sorry we are a state that was built on prostitution and gambling, I cant call that great. 

Apparently the vote in one county was uploaded incorrectly and Hurd finished the initial count up 600 votes over Jones in TX-23. Still solidly in recount territory for a race with over 200,000 votes cast, but Hurd probably held the seat.

I checked out early because I was really tired (and have plenty of work to do at my job today), but Florida stings. However, picking up 7 governor' mansions, especially getting rid of Walker in Wisconsin and picking up a state like Kansas (along with Maine, Michigan, Illinois, New Mexico, and Nevada) is a good result that gives them more leverage in state policy.

Plus picking up the House. Just wish my state would have done better in the Senate and governor's race.

24 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

Man the amount of angst from the republican side in this state is scary. 

A posting from the community that my wife work's in has talk of arming up to "take care of the libturds that were elected before they can destroy this great state." I'm sorry we are a state that was built on prostitution and gambling, I cant call that great. 

...and Republicans have been talking like this for years. Part of why I have no compassion or sympathy left for them. Because they have vilified us for so long, they see anything they do to undermine us, whether it be voter suppression, voter intimidation, election fraud, even inviting open interference from foriegn governments. Even these killings and attempted killings are perpetrated by them due to rhetoric like that coming from GOP media and even some of their own politicians. "Take the government back with their 2nd ammendment rights", I believe was one of their rally cries for years. 

So, yeah, I am past civility. I thought it once existed when I was a kid, and even when I turned 18 and was able to vote. But I have seen any amount of civility there once was buried in the ground.  

5 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

No, Florida and Georgia both went red and caused some early panic here about the House, but the House has basically gone according to projections

Yeah, that caused people a lot of stress.

Dems did very well in governors' races, though I was telling friends and family that if Dems did well, I hope Florida is part of that with Gillum and Nelson.That part stunk, but the overall results are well in line with what it looked like.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Apparently the vote in one county was uploaded incorrectly and Hurd finished the initial count up 600 votes over Jones in TX-23. Still solidly in recount territory for a race with over 200,000 votes cast, but Hurd probably held the seat.

I’ve been trying to follow this one all night but have seen little in the way of updates.

If she wins she’d be the first gay Filipina in the house.

A whole lot of good ballot measures won:

- Recreational marijuana in MI

- Medical marijuana in UT

- Felon voting rights in FL

- Redistricting commission in CO

- Expand Medicaid in ID

- Same-day voter registration in MD

- Gender identity protection in MA

- Redistricting commission in MI

- Expand Medicaid in NE

- Repeal the 'pink tax' in NV

- Automatic voter registration in NV

- Expand Medicaid in UT

Of course, then you have fucking Alabama... :lol:

Beto was also able to lift other Democrats and looks like he helped establish some much needed infrastructure for Texas Dems.

Glad we still got the two competitive seats in Florida, but I'm pleasantly surprised by some of the "Likely R" seats going Democrat yesterday nationwide.

But looking ahead to 2020, it looks like Dems regained strength in the midwest, except for OH and IN, NV seems to have firmly planted itself on the side of Dems, with AZ, GA, and TX showing its possible for dems to be competitive there, FL is still a massive wild card especially now that 1.5 million more people could potentially vote next time around there.  GOP better hope the economy stays roaring and Trump doesn't do something insanely stupid.

13 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

But looking ahead to 2020, it looks like Dems regained strength in the midwest, except for OH and IN, NV seems to have firmly planted itself on the side of Dems, with AZ, GA, and TX showing its possible for dems to be competitive there, FL is still a massive wild card especially now that 1.5 million more people could potentially vote next time around there.  GOP better hope the economy stays roaring and Trump doesn't do something insanely stupid.

With all the Californians coming to Nevada it isn't shocking that NV is leaning Dem. 

***Michigan Update***

Democrats win:

US Senator

Governor

Attorney General (probably)

Secretary of State

Proposals for legal weed, no gerrymandering, and easier voting

Rebuplicans win:

State Senate (21-18)

State House (58-53)

Looks like the US House Representatives from Michigan will be split 7-7