~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If guns are the only thing you care about there is no flipping you or changing your mind and maybe you should rethink your priorities.

Like I said upthread, I would consider voting for Democrats if they were pro-gun, or at least ambivalent on the issue.  I consider gun ownership a civil right, just like the freedom of speech is a civil right. 

And as with any right, it can be curtailed on an individual basis through due process.  

Just now, Mercury33 said:

Dunno, I’m a democrat and agree with most left leaning policies. So I don’t see any because I agree with them. But at the same time I don’t lump all Republicans in with the ultra right wing psychos. I try to make an effort to put myself in their shoes to understand their side of things. I think this counties refusal to listen to the core of its problems ??‍♂️

yeah but guns dont really drastically change their lives like other issues like healthcare do which is why it's dumb if their vote is mostly based off of their favorite hobby 

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If guns are the only thing you care about there is no flipping you or changing your mind and maybe you should rethink your priorities.

To many everything begins and ends with guns... its what seemingly makes us "Americans".

The manipulation of peoples fear that the gov't is coming for guns is the one constant thing to be exploited..

"Gov't is going to take away your guns" is the rally cry for anyone trying to derail any real discussion on firearms..

8 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Cherry picking. You just lumped ALL REPUBLICANS with KKK ultra right wing nut jobs. That attitude and complete dismissel and feeling of superiority of the left over the right is a big fucking reason shit is so fucked. 

5 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

-Exactly, both sides work to undermine the other to better position themselves with talking points for next election...

-If Reps lose the house expect Trump to further demonize and blame the ills of the country on Dems.

Compromise is a word seemingly long forgotten

OK, you want to be respected and not lumped in with the people you vote alongside. Please, enlighten me, where exactly is the compromise on:

Gun control

Abortion

Immigration 

Equality 

The entire Republican platform, what it is today, is built around fearmongoring (and Trump is the pinnacle of that perspective), the "other side" will take our guns, the Mexicans will kill everyone, and the "other side" wants to take our god.  

When the right is ready to get back to the actual core Right values of small government, you let me know, and we'll talk. 

If you want the Left to take the Right seriously in its current form? Not a fucking chance. It has nothing to do with "superiority"--it's that the common sense side of my brain can't comprehend why anyone needs to own an arsenal of weapons, needs to tell a woman what she can or can't don't with her body, needs to tell people who they are allowed to and supposed to love, and thinks that anyone who isn't white or privileged is out to kill them. 

The Left isn't that far left. It just feels that way because the Right has gone so fucking far off the reservation. 

1 minute ago, Emblazon said:

OK, you want to be respected and not lumped in with the people you vote alongside. Please, enlighten me, where exactly is the compromise on:

Gun control

Abortion

Immigration 

Equality 

The entire Republican platform, what it is today, is built around fearmongoring (and Trump is the pinnacle of that perspective), the "other side" will take our guns, the Mexicans will kill everyone, and the "other side" wants to take our god.  

When the right is ready to get back to the actual core Right values of small government, you let me know, and we'll talk. 

If you want the Left to take the Right seriously in its current form? Not a fucking chance. It has nothing to do with "superiority"--it's that the common sense side of my brain can't comprehend why anyone needs to own an arsenal of weapons, needs to tell a woman what she can or can't don't with her body, needs to tell people who they are allowed to and supposed to love, and thinks that anyone who isn't white or privileged is out to kill them. 

The Left isn't that far left. It just feels that way because the Right has gone so fucking far off the reservation. 

Cool, you just proved my point. 

1 minute ago, Emblazon said:

Gun control

Abortion

Immigration 

Equality 

Compared to most left parties in western democracies,  Democrats are Republicans.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

tdbx7twt3w611.jpg

And there is the issue with both parties.. they all deal with absolutes..

-abolish ICE? No, have greater oversight on them to ensure they dont cross the line...

hell i'd re adjust their targets and have them round up all the high risk MS13 jerks and kick them out.

-Immigration justice? Get rid of the whole "Dems want open borders BS" and set clearly defined policy and explain it to the populace.. dont let Trump dominate the narrative

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

-abolish ICE? No, have greater oversight on them to ensure they dont cross the line...

hell i'd re adjust their targets and have them round up all the high risk MS13 jerks and kick them out.

-Immigration justice? Get rid of the whole "Dems want open borders BS" and set clearly defined policy and explain it to the populace.. dont let Trump dominate the narrative

MS13

2 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Lol where you been since 2015 that ain't hapoening

25 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Cherry picking. You just lumped ALL REPUBLICANS with KKK ultra right wing nut jobs. That attitude and complete dismissel and feeling of superiority of the left over the right is a big fucking reason shit is so fucked. 

He just lumped people who support racists and their racist policies in with racist right wing nut jobs. It's not a stretch.