~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

Just now, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

For who did they go up for? Are farmers getting more subsidies to more than offset what they're losing in agriculture sales? Who is benefiting from this so called "wage growth"?  

Dude, I'm not going to break it out for you. Wages are rising for educated, white collar workers.  This isn't worth arguing.  The economy is very, very good.  Period.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

GOP Senate's gonna keep pumping out crackpot judges, but Dem controlled House can hold hearings on administration scandals

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realizat

Dems need to start talking constitutional reforms, not bullshit like burning flags, abortions, or guns. I'm talking judges and how Congress functions.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

And is being swallowed by tariffs to boot. 

When the increase in the costs of goods and services is taken into account, average wages have increased about 0.8 percent since last October. Additionally, the baseline for the wage increase is lower because it is compared to October 2017, when wages dipped.

30 minutes ago, legend said:

There's a lot of important differences between guns and self defense in general, more than enough differences that an appeal to empirical results is necessary to hold the argument.

(Also, an appeal to self defense, and everything else, should ultimately be subject to empirical results, but I don't see much issue with the concept that people have a right to self defense to some degree.)

I agree with you, but I think that's the best case that can be made for it.