~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

-Exactly, both sides work to undermine the other to better position themselves with talking points for next election...

-If Reps lose the house expect Trump to further demonize and blame the ills of the country on Dems.

Compromise is a word seemingly long forgotten

I’ll preface by apologizing for my condescension, but shouldn’t it be conservatives that compromise? Most of their social and economic positions are relics of the past, or empirically wrong.

Conservativsm by definition cannot be.

6 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Cherry picking. You just lumped ALL REPUBLICANS with KKK ultra right wing nut jobs. That attitude and complete dismissel and feeling of superiority of the left over the right is a big fucking reason shit is so fucked. 

So what policies specifically do Democrats support that are so bad? 

I'm waiting... 

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I’ll preface by apologizing for my condescension, but shouldn’t it be conservatives that compromise? Most of their social and economic positions are relics of the past, or empirically wrong.

I need to you compromise on your definition, sir. 

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

Absolutely, but the majority of discussions are all from one side wanting to jump from one extreme to the other...

Its a stubborn tribal fallacy of the whole thing... the population is manipulated to drive themselves crazy fighting elephant vs donkey... meanwhile the people in gov't view the people in tax brackets, interest groups and districts

2 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Dem may be getting house but everything still feels 

Z9S8JQS.gif

Governors' races are actually looking pretty good right now. The problem is I live in Florida, so this stuff not looking good for us is sad for me. :p 

I think I might just head to bed. Early shift and all.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Governors' races are actually looking pretty good right now. The problem is I live in Florida, so this stuff not looking good for us is sad for me. :p 

I think I might just head to bed. Early shift and all.

The only good news is that if DeSantis and Scott wins, it helps Dems retake the White House in 2020! Florida will be underwater then and so will its electoral votes since merpeople can't vote.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

So what policies specifically do Democrats support that are so bad? 

I'm waiting... 

Dunno, I’m a democrat and agree with most left leaning policies. So I don’t see any because I agree with them. But at the same time I don’t lump all Republicans in with the ultra right wing psychos. I try to make an effort to put myself in their shoes to understand their side of things. I think this counties refusal to listen to the core of its problems ??‍♂️

2 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I really wanted Gillum to win. That one stings. I know it's not over yet...but I don't think there are enough votes out there.

It was a long shot, my friend. But damn did he put up a fight.

Fuck that smear campaign about the FBI. You can make up any shit about a person these days.