~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

Just now, Mercury33 said:

Wait why does a town of 14000 need 3 elementary schools? Is the the actual land size of the town gigantic?

The town is 14,000 but it's essentially the only town in the county - so kids out of city limits still go to the schools in town.  My daughter's grade school has over 500 children.  The other two grade schools are smaller, with a few hundred students each I think.  Middle school is about 600 students, and the high school is around 900 kids. 

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Wait why does a town of 14000 need 3 elementary schools? Is the the actual land size of the town gigantic?

I think @mclumber1is probably obfuscating the fact that the school district serves many more people than the 14,000 residents of the town.

As an example, Alvin ISD is the school district I’m in. The city of Alvin is 15 miles away from me and has a population of 25,000 people. The school district has 26,000 students because the district serves significantly more than its namesake town.

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I think @mclumber1is probably obfuscating the fact that the school district serves many more people than the 14,000 residents of the town.

As an example, Alvin ISD is the school district I’m in. The city of Alvin is 15 miles away from me and has a population of 25,000 people. The school district has 26,000 students because the district serves significantly more than its namesake town.

The town is 14,000, and the school district is about 20,000 when you include the rural areas and the tiny towns nearby.  The county itself is only 25,000 people. 

Good to see Clark and Washoe coming in. Im still waiting to see any result for my county as the sheriff race here is interesting due to a mess going on (most of it behind the Sheriff's back it seems). 

Also waiting to see if Horsford wins over Hardy in the "Why couldn't Ruben keep his dick in his pants" election. 

49 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Democrats should hammer him endlessly saying that Trump only won them 4 or 5 seats while he lost them 40. 

Yes, it's apples to oranges and Senate seats are "pound for pound" more valuable, but it's exactly the kind of shallow, dick measuring stat that would drive Trump nuts.

I noticed that Nevada has a “none of these candidates” option when looking at the Senate race results. I’ve long advocated for ”none of the below” as the first option in every race, so that made me smile.