Kanye West is a neo-Nazi now.

11 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'm from Massachusetts. It would be sacrilegious if I didn't rep for Gang Starr. I wish we would have had some better years between Preemo and Guru toward the end.

You are, however, absolutely right. Being able to competently reproduce the sounds that are currently popular is very different from having your own, unique voice. I know when I'm listening to Dre or Preemo or RZA or Timbaland or The Neptunes or Swizz Beatz or Madlib or Hi-Tek or... Ok, I'll stop because @sblfilms is going to start putting us all on mute or something :p

This man gets it… Pop Tv Thank You GIF by Schitt's Creek

Hey, I'm a white jew from the suburbs of a midwestern city and I love rap and hip-hop. All my friends were super into the genre growing up and I still love it.

Anyway, I like some of Kanye's stuff, but I do think he's very over-rated. I still listen to him when he comes up in shuffle... I don't have a hard time separating his art from his terrible toxic persona... but it does definitely taint the well.

My 13 year old has a pair of Yezee shoes that my wife's sister got him and I hate everything about them. I don't want him wearing shoes people associate with such a vile person, I don't want him wearing name-brand $250 dollar shoes at all (she got them for free, but I don't care) and I think they are ugly as sin. We decided to let him wear them, but we don't like it.

• Halal 2

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

As I posted on Discord, I can't believe that I'm going to go to bat for Meghan McCain, but in this instance I have to.

She was making a point about how potentially dangerous to Jewish people Kanye's tweets were because of the size of his audience. The person who originally posted the tweet didn't understand its context (not that her phrasing was particularly helpful) and only figured it out the next day.

This is why Twitter is such a shit platform and I've all-but-made up my mind that I'm going to significantly restrict its use on this site when the Apartheid Asshole takes over.

• Like 1

• MarSolo changed the title to Kanye West is basically a white supremacist now.
2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Well, he’s basically become a white supremacist at this point:

So for those who don't know, The Virgil that Kanye West is talking about is a fellow Chicagoan who made it big in the fashion world in a way that Kanye didn't. He died from cancer recently and Kanye has insinuated that that "White Fashion People (THEY)" killed him. Allegedly Kanye has been trying to use this dude's death to further hiw own agenda and claimed a closer relationship with him than he actually had... in fact he talked shit about him routinely before he died because he was FUCKING JEALOUS OF HIM.  TMZ did a little story about it

5545cb295b1c4a55a5f2ed15ca06f4e0_xl.jpg
WWW.TMZ.COM

Kanye West's "White Lives Matter" T-shirt is the can of worms he just can't close ... and one of his former collaborators is gutting him over one of the rants that followed his fashion statement.

Kanye is a fucked up miserable human being who we would all be better off ignoring until he fades into irrelevance or gets some fucking help. He's going all in on the MAGA shit for the same reason Trump did... PURE EGO. he knows as long as he says the things they like to hear, they will be receptive and support him in ways everyone else has left his narcissisitic ass behind for. This is all about HIM and no one else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

46 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

If Kanye didn't occasionally make a good song, he wouldn't be any different from the average stupid person saying stupid shit on Twitter and other places.

Close, but no.

He’s a comments section troll, writ large.  Whatever he thinks will cause controversy and get people roiled up, he does, just like the comments section troll says whatever needs to be said to piss off the audience posting in the site.

Right now he mostly trolls the left but if he thought he could piss off more people and stir more controversy by trolling the right, I have no doubt he would.

Whether he does it for the money he makes off the publicity, or just for funsies, I have no idea.  But the fact that we have a whole thread dedicated to his antics attests to the success of his schtick.

55 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I came to them later in life but guru & premiere are definitely my favorite. Arguably the greatest.

Moment of Truth was transformative for me. It was pretty much at the peak of those early N64 years of highschool for me.  All of us just playing Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye, crowded around a TV, with a pile of burned CDs mixes of Gangstarr, Wu-Tang, Lost Boyz, DMX, MOP, Jurrasic 5, Camp Lo, Gravediggaz, Capone N Noreaga, Boot Camp Click, Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Beatnuts and whoever else I'm not thinking of right now. It felt like every week, there was some new album popping up. It was like hip-hop was changing and nobody knew what it would change to, so you got everything from Bone Thugs and Lauren Hill to DMX and MOP with no Internet to find an audience. The king of monotone just hit different. Guru always had a very distinctive flow and it just paired so well with Premiere's style.

Fun times. This thread has me going to far better places than Kanye's career.

• Halal 2

18 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Cormega > *

Cormega is great, but he wasn't around until I was in college. Him, MF Doom, Afu-Ra, Immortal Technique, and a few of others were the guys I don't remember coming around until sometime about Smash Bros Melee.

Yes, I keep track of time during my youth by the games I spent a lot of time playing with friends.

• Sicko 1

11 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
107119562-1663273823775-AP22258508962236
WWW.CNBC.COM

Kanye West, who now goes by Ye, agreed to buy Parler, a conservative social media app after other platforms suspended him over antisemitic posts.

I think this completes his transition.

Incompetence included:

• Haha 6
  • Sicko 1
  • Hugs 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:37 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Right... his music is nowhere NEAR good enough to give him a pass with bullshit he's pulling now. I know people til this DAY who will defend R. Kelly like he's some kind of fucking national treasure. I put him AND Kanye in the same category personally.

We’ve all fucked with some R Kelly on a few times. 

15 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
107119562-1663273823775-AP22258508962236
WWW.CNBC.COM

Kanye West, who now goes by Ye, agreed to buy Parler, a conservative social media app after other platforms suspended him over antisemitic posts.

I think this completes his transition.

Commenting on the agreement Monday, Parlement Technologies CEO George Farmer said it “will change the world, and change the way the world thinks about free speech.”

“Ye is making a groundbreaking move into the free speech media space and will never have to fear being removed from social media again,” Farmer said in a statement. “Once again, Ye proves that he is one step ahead of the legacy media narrative. Parlement will be honored to help him achieve his goals.”

Farmer is married to American conservative activist Candace Owens, one of Ye’s advocates on social media. 

So they're using West to get themselves paid.

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
221017-kanye-paris-fashion-week-al-1155-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

A medical examiner ruled that police officers' restraint of Floyd and compression of his neck were the primary causes of death.

Sue this fuck.

This is interesting. As Merritt himself says, you can’t defame the dead. I wonder what the basis for the lawsuit would be?