Kanye West is a neo-Nazi now.

I'm always a bit surprised what ends up being the tipping point for perpetually controversial figures. I certainly didn't expect this to be the thing that loses Ye so many of his mainstream business connections.

2 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I feel like Adidas dropping the Yeezy brand is freaking huge news.

Of all the people dropping him as a collaborator / client / whatever, it sure seemed inevitable once he called them out on it.

Ye, who said on a podcast on Oct. 16: “I can say anti-Semitic things, and Adidas can’t drop me. Now what?”

That article says the short term impact is nearly $250M to net income, with the yearly total being nearly $2 Billion in revenue per year. As someone who is not into sportswear or fashion of any kind, I had no idea that his line was so profitable or sold such big numbers. I thought his stuff was a high priced but didn't sell at scale, like a halo car for a big brand automaker. I guess I was wrong, and it really is a big deal. 10% of Adidas revenue is no joke.

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I don’t think taking your meds suddenly makes you NOT hate the Jews. This was always Kanye, he just got a pass from white people (cough the GOP cough) to say it out loud.

I haven't paid enough attention to Ye to know what mental illness he's dealing with, and it's been almost 20 years since I've worked in a field adjacent to mental health. So I don't mean this about him specifically per se.

But it is not uncommon for people with significant mental illness to say things they don't believe beyond what they're dealing with, things they don't believe, etc. I worked with many people who had bipolar disorder, psychotic depression, schizophrenia, etc., whose entire belief system changed depending on their very immediate state of mind, medications, etc. That's just... how it goes. Certain mental disorders very commonly involve conspiratorial thinking.

Again I wouldn't pretend to know anything about Ye specifically but I think it's worth calling out that, "taking your meds suddenly makes you NOT hate the Jews," just is taking something potentially complicated and nuanced and distilling it down to something that really isn't how any of *all that* works. And until you know or have worked with someone for a long time and with whom you have a baseline, then experience them talking about how literally everyone involved in their care and in their life is part of a Masonic conspiracy to control them, and then have them acknowledge that's incorrect later on... it's really hard to appreciate.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Headline is shit, the messages started after Kanye rejected the tour.

holocaust-museum.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The Holocaust Museum of Los Angeles said it has been flooded with antisemitic messages after Kanye West rejected their offer of a private tour.

He would go on the tour and then tweet something like... "Being holocausted was a jew choice"

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

But it is not uncommon for people with significant mental illness to say things they don't believe beyond what they're dealing with, things they don't believe, etc.

My sister is completely convinced that there is a clone of her that has stolen her identity and is now living in her apartment.

She also is sure that she has Down’s syndrome.

Both of these things are obviously not true, but delusions and paranoia abound.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Both of these things are obviously not true, but delusions and paranoia abound.

this really can't be emphasized enough.

my brother thought the cia was watching him as he worked the kitchens at texas roadhouse (how cliche!) and didn't believe that my grandfather, whose funeral we had just left, had actually died and the whole family was just lying to him so he wouldn't get a promised inheritance. (there was no inheritance)

I wish he wasn't a violent alcoholic so I could take him in again, but he is so I can't. 

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I wish he wasn't a violent alcoholic so I could take him in again, but he is so I can't. 

The ONLY positive with regard to my sister is that she has never been violent nor intentionally self-harmful. Our kids are old enough also that while they do find her behavior slightly unnerving at times, it isn't scary to them like it would have been when they were little.

It sucks though, you just want them to be better and there is so little you can do because there is nothing logical going on. When I found out my sister was back on the street, I went by the gas station/subway she was at everyday for a week and just bought her a gift card so I at least knew she had something to eat every day. Finally last Thursday we had a (for Houston) cold snap that was going to get temps overnight into the mid 40s, so my wife and I went over to take her some clothes. She decided for herself to come spend the night at our house and has been here since. Yesterday she let my wife go with her to her psych doc and we were able to get her meds from the pharmacy. Hoping she gets back to her true self in the next 4-6 weeks.

47 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The ONLY positive with regard to my sister is that she has never been violent nor intentionally self-harmful. Our kids are old enough also that while they do find her behavior slightly unnerving at times, it isn't scary to them like it would have been when they were little.

It sucks though, you just want them to be better and there is so little you can do because there is nothing logical going on. When I found out my sister was back on the street, I went by the gas station/subway she was at everyday for a week and just bought her a gift card so I at least knew she had something to eat every day. Finally last Thursday we had a (for Houston) cold snap that was going to get temps overnight into the mid 40s, so my wife and I went over to take her some clothes. She decided for herself to come spend the night at our house and has been here since. Yesterday she let my wife go with her to her psych doc and we were able to get her meds from the pharmacy. Hoping she gets back to her true self in the next 4-6 weeks.

man I wish my brother liked any meds other than weed and jack daniels. last I talked to him about it he refuses to take them. All its going to do is put him in an early grave. He's all of 5'8" and like 400 lbs and between the drinking and everything else its very worrisome. 

• Hugs 2

My step aunt had a real mental breakdown I think about 20-25 years ago. It’s inherited from her mom’s side as she and with recent Covid restrictions sent her brother in Paris down the conspiracy rabbit hole on taking meds. As for my aunt, she was talking to people in the walls of the house and smearing olive oil on them to I think keep them trapped. She has done remarkable since with an occasional blip, but she lives with my Uncle and he’s bipolar/overweight/memory loss and I know has a temper. So knowing what he can do, she’s doing remarkably well for now. I also believe they got her brother seen too this past late winter/early spring I believe.

I know people with significant mental issues both as friends and family. My niece just had an episode... the difference with everyone I know and Kanye West is that they don't have the resources he has to deal with his issues. He's surrounded by enablers and opportunists who are trying to take him for all they can before the gravy train dries up. I'm not a fan of Kanye or Ye and never have been and I TRULY believe that beyond his mental issues he's just a shit human being who mistreats people that he doesn't see as being "on his level". I've never dealt with him or met him, but the folks I know who have don't have good things to say about him and this was BEFORE he went off his meds (if that is what is happening) So my personal stance of "Fuck Kanye or Ye" still stands. That said, I thought what Trevor Noah had to say about Ye was really classy and eloquent... things I have never claimed to be.

Kudos to Noah for being a compassionate human being.

• Halal 2

35 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I know people with significant mental issues both as friends and family. My niece just had an episode... the difference with everyone I know and Kanye West is that they don't have the resources he has to deal with his issues. He's surrounded by enablers and opportunists who are trying to take him for all they can before the gravy train dries up. I'm not a fan of Kanye or Ye and never have been and I TRULY believe that beyond his mental issues he's just a shit human being who mistreats people that he doesn't see as being "on his level". I've never dealt with him or met him, but the folks I know who have don't have good things to say about him and this was BEFORE he went off his meds (if that is what is happening) So my personal stance of "Fuck Kanye or Ye" still stands. That said, I thought what Trevor Noah had to say about Ye was really classy and eloquent... things I have never claimed to be.

Kudos to Noah for being a compassionate human being.

Maybe his handlers will finally start to step in now that their checks are threatened.

4 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

He's going to be Trump's VP pick for 2024.

Trump has already distanced himself 

TrumpandKanye.jpg?w=1600&h=900&crop=1
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Kanye West’s ongoing public meltdown and antisemitic outbursts have become too extreme even for former President Donald Trump, once one of the rapper’s most unapologetic and scandal-prone backers.