Kanye West is a neo-Nazi now.

In another aside about Jews that didn’t make it to air, Ye used a strange metaphor when talking about Black people judging one another, telling Carlson, “Think about us judging each other on how white we could talk would be like, you know, a Jewish person judging another Jewish person on how good they danced or something.” He paused. “I mean, that's probably like a bad example and people are going to get mad at that shit.” A few moments later, he added, “I probably want to edit that out.” 

Yeah that's how mentally ill people who are unaware of what they are speaking speak. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

As a white kid from the suburbs who grew up on skate punk and transitioned to dad rock in his college days, I could not name a single Kanye song.

I couldn't name a single song either but I have plenty of memories of going "yuck this is terrible who is this?" and the answer has been Kanye several times. It's also happened when I've heard his music.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah that's how mentally ill people who are unaware of what they are speaking speak. 

Yeah, I stand majorly corrected. He's definitely had some Bad Ideas get into his head. I don't want to think of what his future has in store. 

2 hours ago, ThreePi said:

As a white kid from the suburbs who grew up on skate punk and transitioned to dad rock in his college days, I could not name a single Kanye song.

I remember the first time I heard him, I think someone sent me a song over AIM back in 2004 or so. I think I downloaded Two Words and that song was incredible. And I shared it with my girlfriend at the time and then she said she shared it with her friends in college and his music blew up on that school campus.

18 years later doing the same thing feels a lot different now. :(

41 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I remember the first time I heard him, I think someone sent me a song over AIM back in 2004 or so. I think I downloaded Two Words and that song was incredible. And I shared it with my girlfriend at the time and then she said she shared it with her friends in college and his music blew up on that school campus.

18 years later doing the same thing feels a lot different now. :(

College Dropout was a phenomenal album. He also produced the amazing Be from Common in between that and Late Registration, which are both great albums. Nobody can deny that. Also, Kanye West is a narcissist that went off the deep end so far up his own ass he found circus of right wing intestinal parasites feeding him all the crazy he could want while simultaneously planning the party they'll throw when they eventually disown him. Also undeniable. Shitty, but also extra shitty when there are kids involved.

pls be serious kanye has several all timer albums 

College Dropout 

Late Registration 

Graduation 

808s & Heartbreak (not the most fun to listen to but his most influential album on the sound of hip hop) (this is also from when his mom died and his behavior got noticeably worse)

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (GOAT album) 

Yeezus (def not for everybody but similar to 808s his album had a lot of influence on the genre) 

his later albums are hit or miss but his ear for production has been A1 from day 1. he’s not the best RAPPER but has a great argument for best hip hop artist and is up there with the all time great musicians IMO. 

i know there are a lot of metalheads here and i know y’all just hate hip hop. 

The truth is Kanye's a PsyOp in league with the same big city rapper supersoldiers collaborating with radical entertainment industry elite comedy squads messing w/ deep fake technology to subvert a potential global threat.  Few talking about this care or know about what's really going on and it's heartbreaking.  They are all victims of circumstances. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

his later albums are hit or miss but his ear for production has been A1 from day 1. he’s not the best RAPPER but has a great argument for best hip hop artist and is up there with the all time great musicians IMO. 

i know there are a lot of metalheads here and i know y’all just hate hip hop. 

Nope. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, johnny said:

it’s alright! you don’t get it. music is polarizing enough let alone with kanye involved. i ain’t mad at cha!! 

I get it more than you know... but we'll agree to disagree and move on. I think Kanye West is one of THE most overrated hip hop artists in history including his "production" but that's just me.

In other news I caught the last night of the New York State of Mind Tour last week featuring Nas, Buster Rhymes and The Wu-tang Clan at the Hollywood Bowl... dope show.

• Halal 1

9 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

College Dropout was a phenomenal album. He also produced the amazing Be from Common in between that and Late Registration, which are both great albums. Nobody can deny that. Also, Kanye West is a narcissist that went off the deep end so far up his own ass he found circus of right wing intestinal parasites feeding him all the crazy he could want while simultaneously planning the party they'll throw when they eventually disown him. Also undeniable. Shitty, but also extra shitty when there are kids involved.

It’s weird to say, but I remember when he ran on stage during the Grammys and ruined Taylor Swift’s moment, and JAY LENO of all people was the one to basically talk sense into him.

That episode of the Tonight Show where he got Kanye to break down and cry because Leno had the balls to invoke his dead mother was rough to watch at the time.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

It’s weird to say, but I remember when he ran on stage during the Grammys and ruined Taylor Swift’s moment, and JAY LENO of all people was the one to basically talk sense into him.

At one point I thought this was a bit orchestrated by their label but I’m not so sure anymore

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I thought reading this thread would have the worst musical opinions I’ll see today but alas, justice thomas is here to right these wrongs

Is there somewhere with the preceding lines? 

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Is there somewhere with the preceding lines? 

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwaWN0dXJlcy5jLXNwYW52aWRl
WWW.C-SPAN.ORG

During oral argument in a copyright cast involving Andy Warhol's use of another photographer's photos of the Prince, Justice Thomas posits whether using and marketing one of Warhol's renditions for a "Go Orange" sign at a Syracuse sporting event would be a copyright violation. "Let's say I'm both a Prince fan, which I was in the 1980s..." To which Justice Kagan chimes in: "No longer?" "Only on Thursdays," Justice...

12 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

I love Wu Tang  :dab:

Last night I had this rambling post about how none of Kanye's albums during his best, early years in the 00s were better than the stuff his peers were putting out like Mad Villainy, Big Doe Rehab, Fishscales, Only Built for Cuban Linx, Blackout 2, Iron Flag...then I realized I moved on to just listing Wu Tang albums so I went on to revise my list to include stuff like The Owners, God's Son, Power in Numbers, Phrenology, Electric Circus, Quality. Then I realized I was just listing my playlist from my last year in college so I scrapped the entire post.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Last night I had this rambling post about how none of Kanye's albums during his best, early years in the 00s were better than the stuff his peers were putting out

This is the point I make whenever someone brings up Kanye's "genius"... then I realize that for a lot of millennials, he was their first entry into hip-hop and was probably what they were listening to when they first started going to parties in High School and college. There are FAR better hiphop producers out there than Kanye that don't get anywhere near the amount of credit, but they also aren't the ones making asses of themselves on the national stage. Shit but I was always one of the folks yelling to anyone who would listen how overrated Tupac was as well so... :shrug:

I don't care how great someone thinks Kanye is. He is literally a piece of fucking shit so that makes his music irrelevant to me. Guy is a complete psychopath and his music is severely overrated. 

Right... his music is nowhere NEAR good enough to give him a pass with bullshit he's pulling now. I know people til this DAY who will defend R. Kelly like he's some kind of fucking national treasure. I put him AND Kanye in the same category personally.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

@Ghost_MH Your forgot Supreme Clientele :p

I didn't forget it. That list was literally just stuff from college and my first couple of years out of college. Supreme Clientele came out when I was still in highschool. I have an unhealthy love for everything Ghostface has done all the way through Ghostdini. I mention Ghostdini because I know among my friends that album wasn't the most well received. Don't care, because I love nearly every track on that album.

To your previous point, yeah, there are so many producers with a better track record than Kanye's. College Dropout canes out in 2004? I really liked that album, but just looking at 2004 it certainly wasn't better produced than Cee Lo's Soul Machine with beats by The Neptunes, Timbaland, AND Preemo. Just skip that for a second and you also have Madvillainy from MF Doom and Madlib. Anyone want to talk about influence. Is there any hip-hop album from the early 00s more influential than Madvillainy?

• True 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

It certainly wasn't better produced than Cee Lo's Soul Machine with beats by The Neptunes, Timbaland, AND Preemo

Those are the producers I always cite when people bring up Kanye's "genius" ESPECIALLY Preemo who is one of the most underrated hiphop producers out there in my opinion. The thing I always loved about Preemo was that he (like The Rza, Timbaland and Dre) had his own sound. You could tell a Preemo track just by hearing it even if you didn't know he did the track. I LOVE Premier as a producer. 

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Those are the producers I always cite when people bring up Kanye's "genius" ESPECIALLY Preemo who is one of the most underrated hiphop producers out there in my opinion. The thing I always loved about Preemo was that he (like The Rza, Timbaland and Dre) had his own sound. You could tell a Preemo track just by hearing it even if you didn't know he did the track. I LOVE Premier as a producer. 

I'm from Massachusetts. It would be sacrilegious if I didn't rep for Gang Starr. I wish we would have had some better years between Preemo and Guru toward the end.

You are, however, absolutely right. Being able to competently reproduce the sounds that are currently popular is very different from having your own, unique voice. I know when I'm listening to Dre or Preemo or RZA or Timbaland or The Neptunes or Swizz Beatz or Madlib or Hi-Tek or... Ok, I'll stop because @sblfilms is going to start putting us all on mute or something :p

• Haha 1
  • True 1