2022 Midterm Thread

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Wait? Whats the big deal? He goes over the firearm and accessories, talks about how much he enjoys shooting it, and pops se rounds off in a safe shooting lane. 

Unless this is the wrong video, where is the unhinged? 

Yeah, you're making way too much out of an average gun review video. I get most of you aren't gun guys, but you're really, really reaching with this one. Theres a thousand channels that do this. 

My dude, he sounds like Patrick Bateman. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s shooting a muffled sex worker off screen in that video. 

american psycho GIF

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Feeling proud as shit of my country and state right now. They rejected the bullshit lies of those who wanted to destroy American democracy and stood up for the rights of others. Hell yeah. 

I’m feeling overwhelming pride for the state of Michigan these past few nights! I’m really not used to this :lol:

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 2

2 hours ago, Ominous said:

Collection things is strange. 

Collecting things that are made to kill people is even stranger.

When you sound aroused talking about it.... watch out.

I think the weirder thing is making a political ad about it. Like imagine the same ad, but of someone talking about some new stamp they added to their collection. "Cool, you like stamps. Ummm, it's really weird for it to be such a large part of your sense of self that you included it in your resume."

• Halal 1

ap22313202988671-edit.jpg
WWW.POLITICO.COM

The district has been held by Republicans since 2011.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/democrat-marie-gluesenkamp-perez-defeats-republican-joe-kent-in-wa-house-race/

My hero. She took down a complete maga sleeze that would go on Tucker and Bannon’s shows.  The odds were 2 in 100 for her to win according to 538, but with thin polling. 

• Like 4
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Freaks And Geeks Nerd GIF

Ah, well you see, aktually, I own all these cars because I like collecting them. They are not to drive, obviously, because that's not what cars are made for. They are to be admired and looked at. Only a fool would drive a car.

You can both admire and drive a car. You can also admire and shoot a gun. Nice aesthetics are nice aesthetics. You're not making the argument you think you are. 

That said, senate majority, fuck yeah. 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

My dude, he sounds like Patrick Bateman. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s shooting a muffled sex worker off screen in that video. 

american psycho GIF

He sounds like every boring, white middle aged Christian. He reminded me of Mike Pence in this video.

I can't stand masters, but its pure faux outrage.

53 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

No election denier will run an election in a swing state for 2024. Big W for democracy

isnt the problem with that place that Texas Democrats are just crap at their job? It always seems like its one guy trying to win the state. It always seems like theres other government positions where no othe D is competing, in doing so there would be the established base to campaign and get the talking points out to people for the big office...  Texas being Texas is the default rationale, above that though it feels more like incompetence by the local Ds.

In a perfect world both Lake and Bobert losing is preferable.. but given the scenario where only one of them loses... who would we be better off rid off Lake or Bobert.. (the closeness of the race means Bobert is very vulnerable going forward regardless)

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

isnt the problem with that place that Texas Democrats are just crap at their job? It always seems like its one guy trying to win the state. It always seems like theres other government positions where no othe D is competing, in doing so there would be the established base to campaign and get the talking points out to people for the big office...  Texas being Texas is the default rationale, above that though it feels more like incompetence by the local Ds.

In a perfect world both Lake and Bobert losing is preferable.. but given the scenario where only one of them loses... who would we be better off rid off Lake or Bobert.. (the closeness of the race means Bobert is very vulnerable going forward regardless)

Texas is right wing because the demographic makeup of the state, urban-rural split, and education levels suggest it would be so 

and the Republican Party there, while bad, is largely not so ideological as it could be and is responsive to their voters so you don’t see a collapse at the top like you did/do in Kansas 

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Lake, and it's not even remotely a contest in the least.

It's the difference between a governor who has real executive power and a representative who makes some votes and grandstands on committees.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Lake, and it's not even remotely a contest in the least.

It's the difference between a governor who has real executive power and a representative who makes some votes and grandstands on committees.

Even if Boebert losing keeps the House blue?

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Feeling proud as shit of my country and state right now. They rejected the bullshit lies of those who wanted to destroy American democracy and stood up for the rights of others. Hell yeah. 

Dude, I'm so fucking proud of my state of Pennsylvania.  They rejected both a whackjob election denier and a quack doctor.  People often joke about how PA is just Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with Kentucky in between, but all I can say is...fuck off, and fuck yeah.

• Hugs 6

I think this election feels good because the day before the election I had a friend on facebook post a short saying to remember to vote. But I looked closer at it and had a bunch of terf nonsense on it. Saying it was important to vote because schools would have to teach kids about gender reassignment surgery, etc.

You think you know a person, but after this, feels good man.

• Halal 1

I have to wonder if Sinema switches gears with senate control still in Dem hands and Kelly absolutely crushing it in AZ, shes horrible so i'm not expecting it, but Kelly proved you don't need to be a dipshit to hold on in AZ, so i guess it depends on if she wants to be a senator or not.  Not that it matters much if dems lose the house since nothing is coming out of the house.