2022 Midterm Thread

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

Frankly, those are still too close for comfort for me

Thats about as good as you can expect a state that has vote for republicans recently, and you need a pretty big polling miss across the board for either to lose, or for things to shift a lot in the next month or so, but voting is beginning in some states next week.

24 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Thats about as good as you can expect a state that has vote for republicans recently, and you need a pretty big polling miss across the board for either to lose, or for things to shift a lot in the next month or so, but voting is beginning in some states next week.

I thought Republicans banned early voting and mail-in voting in most states by now

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I thought Republicans banned early voting and mail-in voting in most states by now

Bruh I gotchu, I just signed up for mail in voting this year (you have to do it every year from what I could tell to sign up for mail in, since I also did it in 2020) for Philadelphia County, Philadelphia, PA. Our state isn't Nebraska (random example, no idea if true), we can still vote by mail. They just count those votes at the end on election day. Just go to: https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/OnlineAbsenteeApplication/#/OnlineAbsenteeBegin

I hate waiting in line, and now that I live in downtown Philly, doubly so. Mail in voting is the way. 

• Hugs 1

20 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Its a scam polling outfit, don't release crosstabs, polls don't make sense, like the joke is they've released like 4-5 polls and they all say basically the same margins and in states that don't make sense like NY, OR, and VT, lol.

I do like this response to the Vermont polling:

GOP is attempting to change their messaging again, I'm sure most of you have noticed their ads acting like crime has gotten so bad you're all going to be murdered in your homes, nevermind that crime has gone up evenly across the nation in urban/rural/red/blue areas, lol.  Never mind that they're all silent on everyone in Trump world being indicted for crimes though.

19 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

GOP is attempting to change their messaging again, I'm sure most of you have noticed their ads acting like crime has gotten so bad you're all going to be murdered in your homes, nevermind that crime has gone up evenly across the nation in urban/rural/red/blue areas, lol.  Never mind that they're all silent on everyone in Trump world being indicted for crimes though.

Oh definitely, all the ads for Oz in PA are basically “crime is up, do you trust Fetterman to handle it?”

And shit, I don’t see ANY ads for Mastriano. Shapiro is flooding the airwaves with ads about how dangerous he is.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:23 AM, SaysWho? said:

Ryan's running the best campaign he possibly could so far. Even if it's not enough by November, I'm impressed with him since he was very unimpressive in the 2020 primaries.

While Ryan is certainly running a better campaign than he did before, I think it's more that no one is excited for Vance.  He was behind in the primaries until Trump gave him a late endorsement, giving him a little bump right before the election.