Roe v. Wade is dead

The entire democratic leadership should resign over this and put better people in charge. I'm so sick of their never-ending failures. If they can actually enshrine protection into law, I'd allow them to finish that, and then they should resign immediately following that. If they can't do that, then they should just resign now.

• Like 1
  • Halal 7

I know it's not true, but what if it turned out that it was like, Breyer who leaked it? Can a justice legally leak stuff like that? It's not like they can be removed (yes I know there is a mechanism to do so, but it won't happen). Like, just start spilling the beans on everything all the time! Tweet out when Gorsuch is taking a shit in the bathroom, leak details on every decision, etc. The entire SCOTUS is a mockery at this point, just make it all public.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I know it's not true, but what if it turned out that it was like, Breyer who leaked it? Can a justice legally leak stuff like that? It's not like they can be removed (yes I know there is a mechanism to do so, but it won't happen). Like, just start spilling the beans on everything all the time! Tweet out when Gorsuch is taking a shit in the bathroom, leak details on every decision, etc. The entire SCOTUS is a mockery at this point, just make it all public.

If it was a clerk they maybe could be disbarred. 

4 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

If it was a clerk they maybe could be disbarred. 

if they did it for the 0.000001% chance one of those dumbfucks changes their decision then it was worth it.

its not gonna happen though because nothing good ever happens 

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If it's a dem nominated justice, they'll be forced to retire, if it's a gop nominated justice, they'll be doing keg stands and cocaine orgies in their office a week later while their significant other tries to help orchestrate a coup 

• Haha 1
  • True 2

45 minutes ago, legend said:

The entire democratic leadership should resign over this and put better people in charge. I'm so sick of their never-ending failures. If they can actually enshrine protection into law, I'd allow them to finish that, and then they should resign immediately following that. If they can't do that, then they should just resign now.

'Enshrine' is the wrong operative word with how the politics will be likely to play out going forward.

27 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

'Enshrine' is the wrong operative word with how the politics will be likely to play out going forward.

You're right of course. The entire political and legal system is a hot mess where asshole minority opinions get to actively damage people and meaningful consequences never seem to come for the worst actors. But at least they could do something more substantial than the current state of affairs.

I expected the court to uphold Roe in name only, and basically strip it down to nothing. At this point I need to recognize that even the "establishment" GOP is pretty far out there.

11 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

Prediction, if Republicans get Congress and the White House in 24, they'll kill the filibuster to start passing their conservative social agenda. 

Eh. If they had a real agenda to pass maybe. I just keep remembering the last time they had control of the government and couldn't even pass healthcare reform after running on it for years. The conservative agenda at a federal level is largely to do nothing. Even when in the majority they operate as an opposition party. If someone actually writes up some legislation that they're really excited by, I agree they wouldn't hold back from ending the filibuster to pass it, but that would require the GOP wants to actually do something.

My wife and I met in summer 2009. We dated until 2016 which is when we were married. We welcomed our first child in December of 2018, after months of trying. He just started soccer a few weeks ago.

My wife decided to have an abortion in January of 2010. It was the best decision we ever made. I was 21 and she was 19. We were young, both in college, and put simply, we were young and stupid and our relationship was often times volatile. 

Having an abortion allowed us to become everything Republicans pretend to champion. I finished school, and got a job at a Fortune 50 company. I’ll have my 10 year anniversary this October.

My wife also finished school, and worked in medical skin care for a

number of years. I’m very blessed to make a good income, so we both decided she would stay at home when our son was born. She’s been the most incredible stay at home mother since 2018. 

We talk about that abortion from time to time, and both agree if we had that child, we would likely never have finished school, and in all reality not even be together.

I know abortion is bad and hard, but sometimes it’s also good. 

• Like 7

1 - What the fuck is the FBI going to do, lol. These shit stains love to violate norms but sure seem wrapped around the axle now that this one was violated. Boo fucking hoo.

2 - Gotta love these cowards dry humping the shadow docket, telling people to “read the opinion” and then not write an opinion, blah blah blah, and now they get to pout that lower lip and stamp their feet about how the precious Supreme Court is being subject to scrutiny. Fuck you.

The ONLY THING with legal, long standing “historical roots” in the USA is white supremacy for straight, Christian land owners, full fucking stop.

That reproductive rights are likely going to get gutted because of Heritage Foundation groomed mental invalids selected by Presidents who lost the popular vote tells you how turbo fucked the system is. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I expected the court to uphold Roe in name only, and basically strip it down to nothing. At this point I need to recognize that even the "establishment" GOP is pretty far out there.

Eh. If they had a real agenda to pass maybe. I just keep remembering the last time they had control of the government and couldn't even pass healthcare reform after running on it for years. The conservative agenda at a federal level is largely to do nothing. Even when in the majority they operate as an opposition party. If someone actually writes up some legislation that they're really excited by, I agree they wouldn't hold back from ending the filibuster to pass it, but that would require the GOP wants to actually do something.

their agenda is literally to strip everything way for people who arent rich and white.  they will absolute burn everything to the ground just to do it

• True 1

At this point I would still put it at 50/50 who even leaked this. It's not just some crazy conspiracy to say it might have been a conservative with an agenda.

I have seen speculation that it might have been to make Alito and the 4 co-signers to feel "locked in" to their decision to prevent Roberts from peeling one off.

My immediate thought was that it's very similar to the Trump era tactic of "drawing the sting". Probably the most famous example being Barr's summary preceding the actual Mueller report.

They get out ahead of this explosive news. The talk is about who leaked it, is it real, could the alignment still change, what will this do to the court? And by the time the actual decision comes out the reaction is a big, "Well yeah  we've known that for two months". The conservative media will do it because of their agenda, and the mainstream media will do it because of the endless churn of the next news cycle.

• Halal 1

bergen.jpg
WWW.THESTAR.COM

It’s also not unusual for MPs to be instructed not to comment on international issues that have no immediate implications for Canada.

Meanwhile, the Bloc Quebecois wants to force a motion in support of the existing status quo—there are no laws in place in Canada that relate to abortion, which means that it is legal with no restrictions. I would not be surprised to see this change in the next year or two, with a bill passed to solidify that lack of regulation into official law.

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOLOLO @ Susan Collins:

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Freakin' amazing.

It is frustrating that you never see follow ups to these questions that mention that Trump repeatedly promised to only nominate justices who would overturn Roe.

Taking him at his word, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett wouldn't even have reached a Senate vote if Trump were not assured that is how they would vote.

You weren't exactly reading tea leaves here, ladies.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

• True 2

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

Posted by a friend:

The people who want Roe vs. Wade overturned are the same people who are afraid of windmill cancer. Think about that for a sec. 

The people who think banning abortion will stop abortions are the same people who mock the idea that banning guns will stop shootings.

13 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Posted by a friend:

The people who want Roe vs. Wade overturned are the same people who are afraid of windmill cancer. Think about that for a sec. 

The people who want these things would be just as happy ruling over a destitute, medieval kingdom as a modern society. Power and control is what matters to them, not the quality of life/society.

13 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

I dunno, I just don't place much of the blame on elected Dems in this instance. 

Republican voters make the court their top priority, Dem voters don't. 

Both parties had weak candidates in 2016. Republicans held their nose and voted for Trump, Dems didn't do the same for Hillary.

So instead of having the most liberal court in half a century....we have this....

100 fucking percent. As I've said often you get the government you deserve. Everyone pointing at elected officials needs to focus on themselves. This country deserves everything that's coming to it because "We the People."

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Boy you are stupid aren’t you 

If Captain America outed Manchin as the Red Skull and threw him off a bridge, mclumber would bemoan the loss of civility on the left, and how Red Skull could have been removed via constitutional process of election or impeachment, damn the consequences or impact of having a super villain running things.

• Sicko 1