Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

6 hours ago, ort said:

It's funny, I've read countless articles and listened to multiple interviews with Matt Tiabbi and I still don't really understand what the fuck the twitter files is even trying to tell us. They never actually just stop and explain what the EXACTLY they are trying to allege happened. It's all just sort of discussed on this level like 3 steps above what actually transpired in all this colorful vague language that is circling around some sort of point but they never actually get there.

If you want me to be outraged it may help to slow down and really explain to me exactly what I'm supposed to be outraged about. It's like they are always speaking in code.

My best interpretation has always been... okay, and? What is the fucking story here?

Matt Tiabbi is a clown and Elon Musk is the biggest asshole on the planet.

They wanted people to think that select liberals/democrats got twitter to suppress conservative content but didn't even have enough to say that directly. So they flailed. 

I guess what's important is that they kept it vague and confusing enough that anyone can project whatever reality they want onto the situation and feel like all of their pre-existing biases are 100% correct. So, yay?

I like how so much of this narrative is contingent on the idea that the vast majority of politicians, doctors and journalists were all somehow conspiring together to convince the world that covid was worse than it actually was so they can... uh... control us? Destroy the world? Steal underpants? I don't know, but it's all so fucking stupid. It makes ZERO sense to anyone with the ability to process information.

Yeah, the COVID response was far from perfect. It's not some vast conspiracy...   the world is a messy, complicated bureaucratic nightmare... it wasn't perfect and hindsight is 20/20... but this revisionist history that every medical fact was wrong and it was all some sort of sick con job is so fucking stupid.

A MILLION FUCKING AMERICANS DIED.

ONE MILLION. More than every single foreign American war put together. Imagine if we were involved in some sort of war and the general populace was required to make difficult sacrifices to help the war effort (for a war that killed a MILLION Americans) and one political party decided it was int their best interest to make helping the war effort as hard as possible by spending all of their energy to obfuscate, confuse and enrage their followers in an attempt to get some sort of political traction amidst the tragedy of war... imagine... oh wait, that's exactly what happened.

COVID whiners are disgusting, shallow selfish garbage people and I have no respect for any of them. FUCK THEM ALL. 

• Halal 2

techdirt-white-square.png
WWW.TECHDIRT.COM

The refrain to remember with Twitter under Elon Musk: it can always get dumber. Quick(ish) recap: On Thursday, Musk’s original hand-picked Twitter Files scribe, Matt Taibbi, went on Mehdi Hasan’s s…

lol rekt

21 hours ago, Jason said:
GettyImages-1481225588-760x380.jpg
ARSTECHNICA.COM

Company name change may be Musk's next step to launch X, the "everything app."

From the article comments:

The dumb thing about this is that there are already everything apps. It's just that nobody wants them in large parts of the world. Like, what can't you do in Line? Chat, make phone calls, make video calls, send money, pay bills, find a doctor, call a cab, buy some food, buy some toys, buy some toilet paper, read some manga, read some news, watch some TV, watch some movies. It's not that this doesn't already exist, it's just that it doesn't have much appeal to a lot of the world.

Cramming all of that into a single app sounds like a nightmare.

• Halal 2

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

idk, what is happening with Whole Foods? I haven’t been in forever 

20221118_130144_HDR-1110x690.jpg
SFSTANDARD.COM

The store slashed its operating hours due to 'high theft' and hostile people late last year, according to one of the store's managers.

I thought you got your food from WF. That’s where we bought you groceries one time. 

11 minutes ago, Brian said:
20221118_130144_HDR-1110x690.jpg
SFSTANDARD.COM

The store slashed its operating hours due to 'high theft' and hostile people late last year, according to one of the store's managers.

I thought you got your food from WF. That’s where we bought you groceries one time. 

Oh na, Chris picked that! I mean they obviously have good stuff there but it’s a bit out of the way and I have my places that have been around my whole life that I’m used to. I usually stick to Lunardis, Nob Hill, and Safeway. As far as I know the Whole Foods closest is still there!

Edit: Also the sf standard is ran by a guy who wants all the homeless people basic just shipped away to solve the problem and opposes spending money to fix it, so the framing here is not surprising!

I do appreciate that the yahoo news article which correctly lists it as a temporary closure in the headline adds this data at the end of the article as this story is obviously not about a whole foods closing:

San Francisco crime rate

The recent stabbing death of CashApp founder Bob Lee in downtown San Francisco has heightened concerns over crime in the city.

Violent crimes in San Francisco, such as homicide, rape, robbery and aggravated assault, reached a high of 7,164 incidents in 2013. But the rate has declined in recent years, down to 4,966 violent crimes in 2021, according to the California Department of Justice.

Property crimes, meanwhile, have increased in recent years, but remain below a 2017 peak, according to San Francisco Police Department data.

Needs more analysis, what’s the per capita and trend as I can tell you from my perspective in the ER it’s definitely worse. Not to mention LE just LOVES to put criminals on psych holds as opposed to, ya know, processing them. Two of our psych holds at this moment fall into that category.

we legit lost another nurse to injury today after a meth freak battered her. Guess who didn’t get arrested. Cited and released.

It was my final straw, applying to non bedside jobs, this community deserves what it’s going to get. Another charge nurse just took an outpatient job too. Enjoy the 15 hour wait times SF.

18 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Needs more analysis, what’s the per capita and trend as I can tell you from my perspective in the ER it’s definitely worse. Not to mention LE just LOVES to put criminals on psych holds as opposed to, ya know, processing them. Two of our psych holds at this moment fall into that category.

we legit lost another nurse to injury today after a meth freak battered her. Guess who didn’t get arrested. Cited and released.

It was my final straw, applying to non bedside jobs, this community deserves what it’s going to get. Another charge nurse just took an outpatient job too. Enjoy the 15 hour wait times SF.

have you ever considered IT

9 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

I don’t have those skills lol

I didn't either, but 7 years ago I went back to school for a 2-year diploma in programming, and now I am the manager of a large school division IT dept (got hired out of school as a tier 1 tech, then got promoted to tier 2 server/app guy, then just got the manager job). No previous programming or IT experience except that I built my gaming PCs.

2 hours ago, Anathema- said:

have you ever considered IT

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

I don’t have those skills lol

It's interesting. I had a friend tell me the same thing. A guy I previously worked with was a Valet but got hired as an IT guy. They said I should look into something like that because despite myself not feeling like an IT expert I certainly have more experience (to them) than that guy had.

As long as you have google and youtube at the ready you could probably be in IT I guess 🤔

9 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As long as you have google and youtube at the ready you could probably be in IT I guess

Tech moves so fast, Google is your friend.

The number one most important trait in an IT person is a willingness to understand they don't know what they don't know. There is nothing worse than winging it and making a mess or trying to cover up for your lack of knowledge. I've been working in IT for like twenty-something years. I've never once been upset by someone asking me for help because they didn't know how to do something.

• True 1
  • Hugs 1

"Smart" man has been going after media companies instead of their news arms (BBC, CBC) and some are pausing their activity on Twitter.

cbc-account-twitter-government-funded-me
WWW.CBC.CA

CBC/Radio-Canada has paused activities on its corporate and news Twitter accounts, after the social media platform put a "government-funded media" label on its @CBC account, in its latest move to stamp public broadcasters with designations.

The issue the CBC has with the label is due to how twitter defines their rules and blurs the line between funding and controll

"How government-funded media accounts are defined

Government-funded media is defined as outlets where the government provides some or all of the outlet’s funding and may have varying degrees of government involvement over editorial content. We may use external sources similar to this one in order to determine when this label is applied."

src: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/government-media-labels

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Of course, this is what the CBC said in 2017:

CBC also post their numbers online. You don't have to resort to twitter post

https://cbc.radio-canada.ca/en/media-centre/Q3-2022-2023

11 hours ago, chakoo said:

The issue the CBC has with the label is due to how twitter defines their rules and blurs the line between funding and controll

"How government-funded media accounts are defined

Government-funded media is defined as outlets where the government provides some or all of the outlet’s funding and may have varying degrees of government involvement over editorial content. We may use external sources similar to this one in order to determine when this label is applied."

src: https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/government-media-labels

CBC also post their numbers online. You don't have to resort to twitter post

https://cbc.radio-canada.ca/en/media-centre/Q3-2022-2023

Government-funded media is an accurate description of the CBC.  If they believe that description is correlated with them not being trustworthy, they are free to reject that government funding and fund their activities with advertising like the other networks do.

44 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Government-funded media is an accurate description of the CBC.  If they believe that description is correlated with them not being trustworthy, they are free to reject that government funding and fund their activities with advertising like the other networks do.

And saying that the NYT is Jew-Funded Media™ is also accurate since there is funding from some Jewish people. But using Jew-Funded Media™ carries connotations faaaar beyond mere facts. It's the same with government-funded. So...Musk and Twitter are wrong for using it and applying it in the way they are, implying the government has any control over its content. I refuse to give fascists like Musk an inch on this issue. CBC is the most-trusted media in Canada, and for good reason.

44 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

And saying that the NYT is Jew-Funded Media™ is also accurate since there is funding from some Jewish people. But using Jew-Funded Media™ carries connotations faaaar beyond mere facts. It's the same with government-funded. So...Musk and Twitter are wrong for using it and applying it in the way they are, implying the government has any control over its content. I refuse to give fascists like Musk an inch on this issue. CBC is the most-trusted media in Canada, and for good reason.

Racism for me but not for thee!

you know damn well theres a big difference between calling something government funded and jewish funded, and the history of it. So why make the comparison?

We’re arguing around some pretty basic concepts in the stupidest way possible.

Elon may be the worlds biggest chode, but he knows that the average dipshit isn’t going to understand the nuance of “state funded” versus “state controlled” and that’s the entire point.  This isn’t a splitting of semantic hairs or even a good faith argument.  

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Is there anything more infuriating than a billionaire who was born on 3rd base acting like the worlds biggest victim? Why does he have to insert himself into everything? He's such a big whiney narcissistic moron loser.

Maybe some day he's going to go too far and someone will cave in his stupid dumb face with a ball peen hammer and people will line up for miles for their turn by to piss on his lifeless corpse until his body is floating in a lake of piss and turns into a cold bloated rotten piss balloon with a pile of raw piss soaked hamburger meat where his dumb smug face used to be... and the world will be a better place. The sun will feel a little brighter and the birds will sing and eventually we'll all live in a world where we don't have to think about or discuss what this stupid dumb idiot does or says.

• Halal 1