Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

twitter-and-cbc-1-6360464-1681837042967.
WWW.CTVNEWS.CA

Why all the fuss about Twitter describing the CBC as 'government-funded media'? The CBC is government-funded media. It matters little if it’s 69 per cent or 70 per cent It’s a simple fact that it is majority government funded, argues former NDP leader Tom Mulcair.

It would be a wasted opportunity if this issue were to be reduced to a Trudeau soliloquy versus a Poilievre grin. There is a substantive issue here that deserves to be aired, not dismissed. It’s very real and not a figment of the opposition leader’s imagination.

As someone who represented a different party, the CBC’s treatment of the Liberals is something I’ve witnessed up close. In the run-up to the 2015 campaign, in which I’d be facing off against Stephen Harper and Trudeau, it was frustrating to say the least. Some of our best communications folks cautioned me (correctly) that it was a mug’s game to complain. You can’t beat the house! I’d have to put up and shut up.

Poilievre is apparently not willing to just take it. He’s fighting back but his methods and threats to defund can be so off-putting that any chance of discussing the matter serenely may be lost. Despite Trudeau’s chewing the scenery, there is something serious to discuss here and doing so could help Canadians get a better CBC.

I understand Poilievre’s frustrations because I’ve experienced them first-hand. I just don’t share his methods. I don’t think the CBC should be defunded but I do think it could be improved. If this whole exercise opens up that possibility, Canadians could be the big winners.

I have searing memories of interventions by a small number of CBC/Radio-Canada reporters during the campaign, several of whom went on to become Liberal staffers.

When Catherine Tait, the president of CBC, chose to run our government-funded media from her Brooklyn N.Y. brownstone, Trudeau should’ve known something was amiss.

When Tait decided to descend into the partisan political arena, targeting Poilievre personally, Trudeau should’ve called her in to explain that she couldn’t continue in her job.

Think about that for a second. The same person who worked himself into a lather defending the CBC as an incorruptible, independant monument to fairness did nothing when the head of the CBC decided she was a politician and singled out the opposition leader.

In an interview with the Globe and Mail, Tait had had this to say:

“There is a lot of CBC bashing going on, somewhat stoked by the leader of the Opposition (Pierre Poilievre).”

Of course Poilievre reacted. He accused her of being partisan and he was completely right. It was blatantly partisan. She had no business whatsoever engaging in politics. Period.

If anyone on a CBC pundit panel criticized Tait, I must’ve missed it.

Opinion piece by Tom Muclair, former leader of the NDP (Canada's left-wing party).

TLDR:  CBC isn't controlled by the government.  However, they act inappropriately in favour of the Liberal Party -- and the current president shouldn't continue in that position.

• Thanks 1
  • Sicko 1

As if Twitter wasn't already becoming more and more of a cesspool. They just changed their ToS to remove protections against intentional misgendering and dead naming of trans people.

• Guillotine 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

As if Twitter wasn't already becoming more and more of a cesspool. They just changed their ToS to remove protections against intentional misgendering and dead naming of trans people.

Necessary so Elon can misgender his kid. 

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

E67-B220-B-0-E6-E-4-D5-D-839-F-F6619-ECF

:daydream:

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

I'd love for him to try, not because of the possible chaos but because I'm curious to see where the courts would go. 

This is also going to hurt with advertisers as it just shows musk is vindictive if they don't play along. I could see more pulling out of twitter over this.

13 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'd love for him to try, not because of the possible chaos but because I'm curious to see where the courts would go. 

This is also going to hurt with advertisers as it just shows musk is vindictive if they don't play along. I could see more pulling out of twitter over this.

That's why I want to see it happen :santasun:

• Sicko 1

27 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Pretty sure one of Elon’s rockets exploded today, who can say if he decided to blaze it to make another 4/20 joke. 

Success wasn't guaranteed.  Starship is the most powerful rocket ever developed - about twice as much thrust as the Saturn V.  The test was a success in the fact that it made it off the pad without destroying itself and the pad infrastructure, through max-Q, and up to stage separation.  I'm sure SpaceX learned a lot from this test, and will launch another before we know it. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Success wasn't guaranteed.  Starship is the most powerful rocket ever developed - about twice as much thrust as the Saturn V.  The test was a success in the fact that it made it off the pad without destroying itself and the pad infrastructure, through max-Q, and up to stage separation.  I'm sure SpaceX learned a lot from this test, and will launch another before we know it. 

State sponsored rocket explosions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went to look for a video on the PitchingNinja Twitter account and see that the blue checks are largely gone, and then I laughed at the regular joes with paid checks. They should feel more embarrassed than they probably do.

31 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Yeah Twitter is awful now since paid blue checks get pushed to the top of the responses. Doesn't matter what the topic is you just get chud-take after chud-take.

The last time I looked at the view of what it was showing on an account that doesn’t follow or post or do anything but posted like 30 video game pictures so it should be pretty general, it seemed like it would be completely unpalatable for the mainstream. I just can’t imagine most people wanting to really engage in a toxic always online right wing cesspool. 

2 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Yeah the blue check thing has just been strange.  It was only valuable when it was attached to actual verified accounts, if it only means you paid $8 this month then it's not worth anything...  Well I suppose it's worth $8 a month...

He never understood the point of the checkmarks. He very clearly thinks there's some kind of social cachet to them which is just so laughably wrong. They were of some utility to celebrities, government agencies, etc since it made it significantly harder for other people to impersonate them. But the real value was to the userbase in general for being able to know for sure that these kinds of accounts were who they said they were and to Twitter itself has a way to induce these kinds of entities to come on their platform and generate content for the platform for free.

I'm sure some stupid dummies like him thought it was cool to have the checkmark in and of itself but the only potential social cachet there was being important enough that Twitter gave you a checkmark, which is of course undermined by selling it for $8 a month.

• Halal 3

Stephen King has a check mark despite not having signed up for Blue and Elon's admitted now that he's paying for it personally out of spite, I guess, because King criticized him. Which is basically an admission that most people see a blue check as a badge of shame. This dude's brain is soup at this point.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Stephen King has a check mark despite not having signed up for Blue and Elon's admitted now that he's paying for it personally out of spite, I guess, because King criticized him. Which is basically an admission that most people see a blue check as a badge of shame. This dude's brain is soup at this point.

So he went from $20 a month until King made fun of him, to $8 a month, to now personally paying for some. The business genius. My daughter is a better negotiator (she got the cookie out of me this morning). 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

image.png

twitter.jpg
WWW.THESTAR.COM

CBC’s government-funded label vanished Friday, along with the state-affiliated tags on media accounts including Sputnik and RT in Russia and Xinhua in China.

Seems either by accident or choice (gonna go with accident) the government funded labels were dropped for many/all.

Apparently legacy verified accounts still have that status, it's just hidden in the UI. If you do a search for: "filter:verified -filter:blue_verified" on twitter without the quotes it shows legacy verified accounts.

Imagine strapping yourself to a rocket bankrolled by this motherfucker.

• Haha 1