Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

36 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yep, lol

eWI8Ydk.png

The guy is basically the Mr. Rogers of Iceland. He took his buyout as a salary instead of a lump sum because the salary gets taxed higher and he wanted to get taxed higher so it'd put more money into the Icelandic social system, which he wanted to do because he's personally received a lot of benefit from it and so wanted to give back. Beyond that he also does stuff like use his money to get wheelchair ramps built throughout the country to increase the overall accessibility of the country.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

You know this shit is serious because someone managed to convince Elon to slam on the brakes before he called the other dude a pedophile. 

Guy was/is literally on a do not fire list because they'd have to pay out $100 million all at once to fire him.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Those responsible for this attempted sacking have themselves been sacked 

No realli! She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end     of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law -an Oslo   dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo            Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...      

• Like 2
  • True 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

6405c5cd934c2c001802b52b?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The bodyguards are "tall" and "bulky" and look like they're out of a "Hollywood movie," a Twitter employee told the BBC.

Seems he's afraid one of his own employees at Twitter will attack him.

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Apartheid mine heir feels he needs protection from the H1B slaves while in the ultimate assassination location. 

newFile-1.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘A totally new person, without the expertise, is doing what used to be done by more than 20 people,’ Twitter insider says in report of chaotic workplace

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

6405c5cd934c2c001802b52b?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The bodyguards are "tall" and "bulky" and look like they're out of a "Hollywood movie," a Twitter employee told the BBC.

Seems he's afraid one of his own employees at Twitter will attack him.

TBF he has a lot of weird weeby fans and I’d pay people to keep them away from me too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the people who left Twitter for Mastodon or some other site will probably come back sooner or later. And not because I think these people are unable to quit Twitter, or because I think Elon Musk will magically learn how to run a social media platform.

It's because Twitter has a near-monopoly on the kind of social media platform it is, and what kind of services it provides. It's the same reason why people put up with YouTube's bullshit.

28 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Most of the people who left Twitter for Mastodon or some other site will probably come back sooner or later. And not because I think these people are unable to quit Twitter, or because I think Elon Musk will magically learn how to run a social media platform.

It's because Twitter has a near-monopoly on the kind of social media platform it is, and what kind of services it provides. It's the same reason why people put up with YouTube's bullshit.

YouTube pays creators well, it's why a lot of big influencers on other platforms end up there.

The main appeal of Twitter is its userbase. Something will knock it down eventually, these platforms all reach a point where adding new features gets people to quit and try other things. Musk's stupidity and the the viability of other platforms just hasn't reached a collective critical mass.

Remember when Musk’s big issue with Twitter was the bots?

Well, my follower count went from 55 to 85 overnight and I’m pretty sure not that many people suddenly became fans of my art overnight. 

I mean, this is cool but come on:

336058873_1034767277501753_7937456469048
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

5 Likes, 0 Comments - Mario Maiale (@mariogmaiale) on Instagram: "Improving the landscape. Next step is adding in the little fences and the off road car. #landsca..."

"Legacy" blue checks will be removed on April 1 (yes, really). Also, 

elon-horsey.jpg?fit=1200%2C800&ssl=1&w=6
BOINGBOING.NET

In the land of the Tweetees, where the birdies tweet all day, Lived Horsey McElon McMean, who had a cunning plan underway. He built a wondrous contraption, the Blue Check-On...

:rofl:

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

He reduced its value for efficiency and for more fluid value growth. Not everything bigger is better.

His strategy is similar to cpu makers reducing the size of the chip die which in turns leads to more powerful cpus by being able to squeeze more out of the same physical space and reducing material used in the circuitry which in turn reduces the heat generated. 

It’s not about how much money you are worth it’s how you optimize to use the money you HAVE.

3 hours ago, stepee said:

He reduced its value for efficiency and for more fluid value growth. Not everything bigger is better.

His strategy is similar to cpu makers reducing the size of the chip die which in turns leads to more powerful cpus by being able to squeeze more out of the same physical space and reducing material used in the circuitry which in turn reduces the heat generated. 

It’s not about how much money you are worth it’s how you optimize to use the money you HAVE.

Can’t even tell if this is a shitpost or not, good job

• True 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

On 3/26/2023 at 11:46 AM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

According to musk, the bird app is only worth $20 billion now. As a reminder he only paid just north of $40 billion for it a few months ago. 

The best at business

Musk is not a reliable source of info on anything, as much as I want to believe this and lol about it

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Musk is not a reliable source of info on anything, as much as I want to believe this and lol about it

I mean it’s directionally correct I’d wager. Between advertisers dropping off, users dropping (anecdotal here), and the general tech downturn it’s probably closer to true than not!

18 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean it’s directionally correct I’d wager. Between advertisers dropping off, users dropping (anecdotal here), and the general tech downturn it’s probably closer to true than not!

Maybe, however, if I'm going to roll my eyes at the majority of his claims (like "companies are faking texts to charge for phone 2FA so now you need to pay twitter if you want it!"), in fairness, I must also roll my eyes at this claim :p 

At the close of the deal, Twitter was probably worth closer to 30 billion in the open market, so 20ish billion today sounds about right given the market segment Twitter sits in.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Maybe, however, if I'm going to roll my eyes at the majority of his claims (like "companies are faking texts to charge for phone 2FA so now you need to pay twitter if you want it!"), in fairness, I must also roll my eyes at this claim :p 

AFAIK that’s a real scam which Twitter had already accounted for, but then Musk fired the person(s) responsible for making sure the scam didn’t work.