Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

23 minutes ago, chakoo said:
236486_Elon_Musk_Twitter_JLee_DARTS.jpg
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

Three months, thousands of layoffs, one ego

:pikachu:

Twitter might have had a reputation as a left-leaning workforce, but there had always been a faction that disapproved of its progressive ideals. On Slack, some of these workers had formed a channel called #i-dissent, where they asked questions like why deadnaming a trans colleague was considered “bad.” When Musk announced he was buying the company, one of the more active i-­dissenters was thrilled. “Elon’s my new boss and I’m stoked!” he wrote on Linked­In. “I decided to send him a slack message. I figured you miss 100% of the shots you don’t make 😅 🚀 🌕

This employee was cut during the first round of layoffs. Soon, all the prominent members of the #i-dissent Slack channel would be gone.

lmao

• Haha 4
  • True 1
  • Sicko 3
  • Sicko Sherman 1

63d3a68cfc18470019550736?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The internal message involved the account of activist Chad Loder and said: "Suspension: direct request from Elon Musk," Bloomberg reported.

Shocking... no wait I mean predictable. So looking forward to the twitter files on this one ..... *chirping sounds* :whistlin:

47 minutes ago, chakoo said:
63d3a68cfc18470019550736?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

The internal message involved the account of activist Chad Loder and said: "Suspension: direct request from Elon Musk," Bloomberg reported.

Shocking... no wait I mean predictable. So looking forward to the twitter files on this one ..... *chirping sounds* :whistlin:

Well you see “the left” “did it” (they did not) so it’s a nothingburger when the right does

14 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh, shit. Well I figured since your accident that you wouldn't drive but I didn't know you never drove. How do you eat? 

I usually go shopping with my Dad and just get food for the week, before I would go walk and get food. I live in a city and there were places I could walk to and I lived within walking distance (well, I still live here, but no longer am taking that walk) of the main bay area subway (bart). 

Now I will heavily rely on lyft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I usually go shopping with my Dad and just get food for the week, before I would go walk and get food. I live in a city and there were places I could walk to and I lived within walking distance (well, I still live here, but no longer am taking that walk) of the main bay area subway (bart). 

Now I will heavily rely on lyft.

How's your rehab coming along?

30 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

How's your rehab coming along?

It’s pretty much done. I can bend my leg well enough for a walking motion though some things like getting out of a car or stairs are harder, but everything is about where it will be and the main issue remains just the dude destroyed my foot/ankle where he had a party for 30 seconds so it just hurts a lot making walking difficult and causing constant pain and that won’t get better so it’s more of like learning to deal with the pain then mobility rehab now.

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

36 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s pretty much done. I can bend my leg well enough for a walking motion though some things like getting out of a car or stairs are harder, but everything is about where it will be and the main issue remains just the dude destroyed my foot/ankle where he had a party for 30 seconds so it just hurts a lot making walking difficult and causing constant pain and that won’t get better so it’s more of like learning to deal with the pain then mobility rehab now.

Ugh I’m sorry to hear that :( 

• Hugs 1

58 minutes ago, chakoo said:

:duckhuntdog: Twitter will start charging companies to use their APIs. Look forward to seeing less Twitter integrations in apps going forward.

I saw the tweet announcing this and it seems absolutely insane if it's as far reaching as it seems to be.

I get not wanting to give out expensive, resource consuming access for free to big organizations that make money from your service. I would guess that is a very small number of API users, and the big ones probably already pay for that access. Cutting off access to small projects and companies seems like a good way to make the service less valuable and less useful to users.

Some kind of free, if limited, API access seems necessary for the health of the company.

The fact that they just announced this in a short series of tweets, with no details, and on such a short timeline suggests to me that this is one of Elon's sudden commandments. The backlash will be swift, and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets walked back significantly.

44 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

Can you explain what api means exactly please? 

API = Application Programming Interface

Simply put, it's the conduit for two software programs to interact with each other.  

You know how you can embed tweets into our own posts on this board?  That's because Twitter's API and our board software's API work together in a way that permits that interaction.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

However in this instance the WPI, or Wade Permissible Interactions, denies such embedding.  

In my esteemed opinion that was easily one of the best decisions I've ever made for this site and my only regret is that I didn't make it sooner.

I really do genuinely believe that the quality of interaction has improved now that we don't have threads that are merely a stream of Twitter embeds.

• Thanks 2
  • True 2

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

In my esteemed opinion that was easily one of the best decisions I've ever made for this site and my only regret is that I didn't make it sooner.

I really do genuinely believe that the quality of interaction has improved now that we don't have threads that are merely a stream of Twitter embeds.

I can say it definitely hasn’t added any negative impact on my end. It’s amazing how news and conversation can still exist outside of twitter.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I told you years ago that Twitter dumping was ruining conversation on the board! My only issue with the ban is that there are times when a tweet is the primary source of a piece of information and I as a general rule prefer to go to primary sources when available.

But yeah, the pages and pages of people essentially replacing the expression of their own thoughts with a tweet was a serious problem and I’ll deal with the occasional annoyance for the better overall experience.

I actually stopped viewing twitter besides posts here and to post gaming images like two years ago because i realized how toxic my doomscrolling usage of it was. I never even engaged with it much but it still had a noticeable negative impact on me that I’m healthier without. And I certainly don’t feel like I’m missing anything.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I told you years ago that Twitter dumping was ruining conversation on the board! My only issue with the ban is that there are times when a tweet is the primary source of a piece of information and I as a general rule prefer to go to primary sources when available.

But yeah, the pages and pages of people essentially replacing the expression of their own thoughts with a tweet was a serious problem and I’ll deal with the occasional annoyance for the better overall experience.

I agree with this, but do you really think anything besides a total ban would stop Jason .P

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

We now have more time to get intimate with you :batting:

26 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I am curious to see how Invision handles this going forward.  Hopefully, Twitter API interaction becomes a specific paid option for the board software license (which I sure as hell won't pay for) rather than a general increase in the software licensing fee.

But would you pay for fixed tags?

2 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I saw the tweet announcing this and it seems absolutely insane if it's as far reaching as it seems to be.

I get not wanting to give out expensive, resource consuming access for free to big organizations that make money from your service. I would guess that is a very small number of API users, and the big ones probably already pay for that access. Cutting off access to small projects and companies seems like a good way to make the service less valuable and less useful to users.

Some kind of free, if limited, API access seems necessary for the health of the company.

The fact that they just announced this in a short series of tweets, with no details, and on such a short timeline suggests to me that this is one of Elon's sudden commandments. The backlash will be swift, and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets walked back significantly.

It is so unbelievably dumb. I'm guessing they will get enough backlash that they will need to "Clarify" that reduces how they were actually going to implement it (ie Free under x many calls/data used, akin to AWS/GCP rates). Even still if it mostly effects only larger companies they're going to start dropping support from their SSO and export integrations, and it's going to hurt twitter more than they will make back in revenue from it.

1 hour ago, Hurricane Game said:

Can you explain what api means exactly please? 

To make this easier to understand. Twitter changed their number from a 1-800 to a 1-900. APIs are the infrastructure on how cloud services and apps talk to each other.

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

However in this instance the WPI, or Wade Permissible Interactions, denies such embedding.  

And it has been glorious

here we go celebration GIF

• Like 1