Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

11 hours ago, Nokra said:

But for example I've seen on a lot of YouTube videos that charging on Electrify America (one of the largest providers) can be $0.45 or more per kWh, so with e.g. a 77.4 kWh Ioniq 5 battery, that'd be just under $35 for a charge. By contrast, at work we have slow level 2 chargers (I think they're 6 kWh shared between two plugs) but you're only charged $0.10 per kWh, so that same Ioniq 5 suddenly costs more like $7.50 to charge. 

I've got free 10 kWh chargers at work and a free 6 kWh charger 2 miles from my house. I'll use the one near my house Sunday morning when I go running. I've used like $11 of electricity at home this month, and I suspect May - October should be very little to none.

• Halal 1

28 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
APNEWS.COM

Tesla’s first-quarter net income plummeted as falling global sales and price cuts sliced into the electric vehicle maker’s revenue and profit margins.

what a fucking headline

THIS IS GOOD FOR BITCOIN TESLA

Investors looking for any reason to stop

the bleeding. When Tesla gave a target to start model 2 production in second half next year, only for Musk to jump in with “if not late this year”, I’m surprised no one laughed. And he is still taking about that robot taxi pipe dream. Good luck to anyone who puts money in this stock. 

36 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Yeah the stock still shot up after hours because there's apparently enough credulous people willing to people whatever timelines Elon throws out on these things

In a non-shithole country he'd be in prison a long time ago for all the blatant stock price manipulation. 

30 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Clearly you rubes are forgetting Tesla is a TECH company and not a CAR company :nerd:

What I always find amusing about this is that tech stocks soar because there's a rush to get in early before the company goes profitable or get in before some big acquisition. The other major tech companies near the top of the valuation charts are basically companies so huge we can't really picture the market without them.

I don't understand where Tesla falls in there. The company is already twenty years old. They're already at the profitable stage of their existence...sort of. They're valued too high to actually be bought out by anyone. They don't have more street data than either Apple or Google. They own NACS, but they've given it away, royalty free. Their lead was in electric car sales, which they won't have for much longer, and battery production...which seems like an unfulfilled promise at this point.

Everytime I see their stock rise I feel like I'm missing something and I just don't know what.

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

What I always find amusing about this is that tech stocks soar because there's a rush to get in early before the company goes profitable or get in before some big acquisition. The other major tech companies near the top of the valuation charts are basically companies so huge we can't really picture the market without them.

I don't understand where Tesla falls in there. The company is already twenty years old. They're already at the profitable stage of their existence...sort of. They're valued too high to actually be bought out by anyone. They don't have more street data than either Apple or Google. They own NACS, but they've given it away, royalty free. Their lead was in electric car sales, which they won't have for much longer, and battery production...which seems like an unfulfilled promise at this point.

Everytime I see their stock rise I feel like I'm missing something and I just don't know what.

Woke mind virus 

4 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Clearly you rubes are forgetting Tesla is a TECH company and not a CAR company :nerd:

During the call Elon literally said that “Tesla should be valued as an AI and robotics company, not a car manufacturer!”

:lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
APNEWS.COM

Tesla’s first-quarter net income plummeted as falling global sales and price cuts sliced into the electric vehicle maker’s revenue and profit margins.

what a fucking headline

On 4/21/2024 at 10:28 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's all-but-certain that Tesla put the "Model 2" on ice

On 4/22/2024 at 3:48 AM, Spork3245 said:

If enough people make fun of Musk over it, he’ll force it out even if it bankrupts Tesla. :p 

We Did It Sport GIF by WWE

On a conference call with analysts, CEO Elon Musk said he expects production to start in the second half of next year “if not late this year.”

How can anyone seriously accept this kind of statement with any kind of confidence? The Cybertruck was years delayed. The Roadster is still MIA. They haven't even shown a willingness or capability to significantly overhaul any of the vehicles they've launched beyond ripping out the only functional interior they had ever designed.

While I do think Tesla has squandered much of their lead, I don't think they're doomed. A successful Model 2 could be a big deal, but how can anyone read Elon saying "end of next year, or maybe end of this year!" and think that is an honest assessment of the project's status?

45 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

How can anyone seriously accept this kind of statement with any kind of confidence? The Cybertruck was years delayed. The Roadster is still MIA. They haven't even shown a willingness or capability to significantly overhaul any of the vehicles they've launched beyond ripping out the only functional interior they had ever designed.

While I do think Tesla has squandered much of their lead, I don't think they're doomed. A successful Model 2 could be a big deal, but how can anyone read Elon saying "end of next year, or maybe end of this year!" and think that is an honest assessment of the project's status?

It'll be infrastructure week in two weeks. 

• True 1

44 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

A successful Model 2 could be a big deal

That was the whole premise though wasn't it? Affordable electric vehicles for all. Now you can buy a Bolt for 26,000 so... I think the war is over. Tesla lost. 

• Bolt - 26,000
  • Bolt EUV - 28,000
  • Equinox - 44,000
  • Inoiq - 37,000
  • Leaf, 28,000
  • MINI - 30,000
  • Mach-E - 40,000
  • EV6 - 42,000
  • EV9 - 54,000
  • Ariya, 39,000
  • bZRx - 43,000
  • id.4 - 40,000

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/electric-cars

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/electric-suvs

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

That was the whole premise though wasn't it? Affordable electric vehicles for all. Now you can buy a Bolt for 26,000 so... I think the war is over. Tesla lost. 

• Bolt - 26,000
  • Bolt EUV - 28,000
  • Equinox - 44,000
  • Inoiq - 37,000
  • Leaf, 28,000
  • MINI - 30,000
  • Mach-E - 40,000
  • EV6 - 42,000
  • EV9 - 54,000
  • Ariya, 39,000
  • bZRx - 43,000
  • id.4 - 40,000

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/electric-cars

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/rankings/electric-suvs

I'm not sure what the point of a list of cars that are nearly all out priced by the current $30k Model 3 is. The only exceptions are the Leaf and Bolt, neither of which are customers favorites. If a Model 2 could be made meaningfully cheaper than a Model 3 and be similarly outfitted, it would be competing with bestselling mainstays like the Accord, Civic, Corolla, and Camry. That's a lot of market potential.

For all Tesla's troubles, the 3/Y still outsell all other EVs combined. I don't think it's crazy to think that a cheaper Model 2 could be extremely successful.

I do think it's crazy to take Elon at his word that he could be shipping them this year (!?!) when we haven't seen any indication of the project and when Elon is asking shareholders for $56B while Telsa's profits nose-dive.

34 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I'm not sure what the point of a list of cars that are nearly all out priced by the current $30k Model 3 is. The only exceptions are the Leaf and Bolt, neither of which are customers favorites. If a Model 2 could be made meaningfully cheaper than a Model 3 and be similarly outfitted, it would be competing with bestselling mainstays like the Accord, Civic, Corolla, and Camry. That's a lot of market potential.

For all Tesla's troubles, the 3/Y still outsell all other EVs combined. I don't think it's crazy to think that a cheaper Model 2 could be extremely successful.

I do think it's crazy to take Elon at his word that he could be shipping them this year (!?!) when we haven't seen any indication of the project and when Elon is asking shareholders for $56B while Telsa's profits nose-dive.

I suspect the customers who can mainly afford a 28k-ish car aren't able to invest in chargers and electrical work to support them. 

I dunno. Maybe I just hate Elon.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

Now you can buy a Bolt for 26,000

And then GM canceled the Bolt. The price for the new one presumably won't be that low. It'll also have their new shit in-house infotainment system instead of Android Auto/CarPlay.

I don't know why they let him continue to lie about products for that company this long.  I remember when he said a Tesla was going to use compressed gas thrusters, and he had a lot to say about the capabilities of Semi before it quietly was pushed out and never talked about again.

This seems like an obvious lie, but even if it wasn't a lie, why would you want it to be true if you were a Tesla owner? Your car battery would constantly be getting drained for something that has fuck all to do with you driving around from place to place.

34 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

This seems like an obvious lie, but even if it wasn't a lie, why would you want it to be true if you were a Tesla owner? Your car battery would constantly be getting drained for something that has fuck all to do with you driving around from place to place.

Far more likely that we discover in 2027 that Musk has been slowly draining batteries by using the onboard CPU to mine dogecoin. 

• True 2

4 hours ago, Littleronin said:

newtruck.jpg

Just got my new truck home to only have to go to work because someone called off so best pic I could get. 

A few months later and I still look forward to getting in and just going for a drive.
spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Hype 4

43 minutes ago, Comet said:

I have never heard of anyone using Threads outside of that first week. I do live in a weird bubble though…

I personally don’t know a lot of people that use it either. But I’m on it frequently and the app/community itself is pretty active. 

• True 1

6 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I know a couple of people that use it they generally post threads posts over X posts. They just need to work on the API so they embed on this boards better.

Yeah, I mostly just use Threads now, and I hate sharing that content here because of how it embeds.