Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

Update, 5:12 pm ET: Musk's letter to Twitter is now public and was included in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing. It says that Musk wants to complete the merger "provided that the Delaware Chancery Court enter an immediate stay of the action... and adjourn the trial and all other proceedings related thereto pending such closing or further order of the Court." The offer to complete the deal is also pending receipt of Musk's debt financing.

While Musk's request would prevent the trial from beginning as scheduled, a stay would not stop Twitter from resuming its lawsuit against Musk if he pulls out of the deal again.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/10/musk-tells-twitter-hes-willing-to-buy-the-company-again-reports-say

No reason for Twitter to not keep going on the lawsuit until he actually coughs up the cash.

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is the extent of their public response:

Yes, this is about as vague a response as you can get being that Twitter is suing to close the transaction at the $54.20 price.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Yes, this is about as vague a response as you can get being that Twitter is suing to close the transaction at the $54.20 price.

Right - one way or another, Elon Musk is going to end up being the owner of Twitter because there is little doubt in my mind that he's going to lose this case.

It's just a matter of "how" he ends up being the owner of Twitter and Twitter has no reason to even contemplate not following through with the legal proceedings as an enforcement mechanism.

20 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

So how much of this is just Musk wanting to squash the lawsuit for now because everyone on Twitter was making fun of how stupid he and his billionaire buddies sound over text?

100% of it

This is going swimmingly as usual.

NGTNRARBYBKSPIPYL7ZUZSZX7M.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Apollo Global Management Inc and Sixth Street, which were looking to provide financing to Elon Musk earlier this year for his proposed buyout of Twitter Inc , are no longer in talks with the billionaire...

• Haha 2
  • Sicko 2

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is going swimmingly as usual.

NGTNRARBYBKSPIPYL7ZUZSZX7M.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Apollo Global Management Inc and Sixth Street, which were looking to provide financing to Elon Musk earlier this year for his proposed buyout of Twitter Inc , are no longer in talks with the billionaire...

So if his financing goes poof does he have to personally pony up the money or does he just pay the breakup fee? Or is that what the litigation is for?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

So if his financing goes poof does he have to personally pony up the money or does he just pay the breakup fee? Or is that what the litigation is for?

I don't recall the exact details, but it is possible that "third party financing" issues could fall under the provisions of the $1 billion termination fee, but even then Twitter could still probably sue for false representation in the original offer.

The current litigation is to compel "specific performance" of the original contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I don't recall the exact details, but it is possible that "third party financing" issues could fall under the provisions of the $1 billion termination fee, but even then Twitter could still probably sue for false representation in the original offer.

The current litigation is to compel "specific performance" of the original contract.

Hilarious. 

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

How many cuddle puddles has @TUFKAK participated in?

Spelt Fucking married women wrong 

the bay is full of women partnered to guys who don’t actually excite them

i pass the torch to the next generation though as my Italian gf will cut me 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

I wish I knew this when I lived there!

Although I heard Town in San Carlos/Belmont was where the cougars went to prowl 

Yep yep 

marin was a good place too, where I found the sugar mama. 

Brentwood has a lot of trophy wives too, my gym is full of them.

• Thanks 1