Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

33 minutes ago, Comet said:

Seriously, I just put in my notice at my current place and my manager was sort of confused. He's a no spouse/no kids kinda career guy who sends emails and Slack messages in the evenings and at night. It's such gross behavior to me but some people think that's what you have to do. 

One guy I work for will often work late at night because he likes to do bike rides and stuff during the day, so he's basically shifting his time around. But he doesn't actually expect anyone to respond to his emails until the next morning so it's fine (and I don't have a work phone).

25 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I had a hybrid schedule pretty much throughout the whole pandemic until I came back to LA. Now I'm home 100% of the time. I think I prefer hybrid.

If you have a big house and can set aside a room to use as your office and you only go in that room to do work, 100% WFH makes a lot more sense. If you live in a studio or one bedroom though then it's miserable being WFH.

31 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I had a hybrid schedule pretty much throughout the whole pandemic until I came back to LA. Now I'm home 100% of the time. I think I prefer hybrid.

I think they key thing is...just let people do what works best for them, assuming there is a system in place to ensure the work is getting done. Some people prefer to be in an office, and some at home. If both work, then let them just work. Only friction is that some people who like to be in the office get angry that the office isn't bustling (which they enjoy), so try and get others to come back in.

• True 2

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

One guy I work for will often work late at night because he likes to do bike rides and stuff during the day, so he's basically shifting his time around. But he doesn't actually expect anyone to respond to his emails until the next morning so it's fine (and I don't have a work phone).

To be fair, my manager never actually expects me to respond and is respectful about that. But it will always give an impression that I'm not as invested as he is, and the truth is I am not - by design. If it works for him, then that's great. His whole life is this job and running iron mans - so that's the type of person he is. To me my job is just something I enjoy doing that allows me to live comfortably so I can focus on my family, traveling, playing guitar, playing Steam Deck while watching Obi-wan episodes, etc. 

• True 1

I think there is something intangible but meaningful about real world interaction with your team. Probably matters more for certain types of jobs and less for others.

I'm 100% work from home since 2016 and prefer that way.

I think the "danger" of hybrid is it can lead to a failure of WFH communication culture where people in the office don't actively set up zoom or slack and mainly communicate in person with the people there in person. When everyone is WFM, everyone participates in the culture of using slack, zoom, etc. which keeps everyone included.

If a place can manage to maintain the right communication culture as a hybrid though, then it's clearly better to give more people options.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’m of the opinion you either need to be fully remote or not (with some flexibility because life happens) because hybrid has been for me “go to the office and get on a teams meeting anyway” even for people on the same floor or building. 

This is what my team does.  We are 100% work in the office, unless you have extenuating circumstance that would force you to work from home.

32 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’m of the opinion you either need to be fully remote or not (with some flexibility because life happens) because hybrid has been for me “go to the office and get on a teams meeting anyway” even for people on the same floor or building. 

Depends on the job there. I do service support which requires on site presence at times but my specific role not often. They pulled us all back anyway.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread at the moment other than to say that last night I had a dream where I saw Elon Musk while shopping, and I started roasting and heckling him for all his bullshit. 

That is all. 

• Haha 2
  • Sicko 4

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

Depends on the job there. I do service support which requires on site presence at times but my specific role not often. They pulled us all back anyway.

I mean I’m in a position where I have to stop, collaborate, and listen so one or the other is the way to go. I agree with different roles in general especially in many IT jobs you don’t need to be in person

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean I’m in a position where I have to stop, collaborate, and listen so one or the other is the way to go. I agree with different roles in general especially in many IT jobs you don’t need to be in person

In my case I have a ton of meetings one day and then have to do some shit like replace a failing battery in a UPS. 

The duality of man:

SEI_103329740_1653992436.jpg?quality=90&
METRO.CO.UK

The billionaire thinks current financial conditions will hurt 'foolish' business owners who deserve to go bankrupt.

106884111-1621276053397-musk.jpg?v=16370
WWW.CNBC.COM

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has a "super bad feeling" about the economy and needs to cut about 10% of the electric carmaker's jobs, according to an email seen by Reuters.

sort of related: I wish we had a policy of proper thread titles. I sometimes go looking for something only to scroll a couple of pages because the thread titles are something meant to be funny but not actually descriptive.

14 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

sort of related: I wish we had a policy of proper thread titles. I sometimes go looking for something only to scroll a couple of pages because the thread titles are something meant to be funny but not actually descriptive.

Jason needs some place to complete his creative writing assignments though.

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

🤔 This might be one of the most descriptive thread titles on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Between the education stuff, the anti-trans stuff, the racial stuff, and this, Texas is really doing its damndest to make sure the only things that you can legally do in the state are own and be killed by guns.

• True 1