Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

4 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

“I waived my rights to due diligence, immediately got buyers remorse from my knee jerk reaction of wanting to buy a money pit, now I’m backed into a corner and doing everything I can to save face so people don’t figure out that I’m just a rich marketing guy and not a genius”

• True 3
  • Sicko 2
  • Halal 2

Here's a pretty good rundown of the whole situation from someone that's been doing a lot of reporting on it.

So the possible outcomes of litigation are extremely binary: He[Musk] pays $44 billion and buys Twitter, or he pays zero-to-$1-billion and does not. And there is nothing in between. A court can’t say “man, this is really bad, but I am not going to force you to buy Twitter because that seems cruel to everyone, so I will make you pay $10 billion of damages to compensate Twitter and send a message.” Nope! It’s $44 billion or $1 billion.

Now: They are not the only possible outcomes in the world. They are the only possible outcomes in court. If Twitter and Musk go to court and fight to the death and a court enters a final judgment, it will be for one of those things, $1 billion or $44 billion. But because the outcomes are so drastically different, and so binary, and so bad, and because no one is entirely sure which one it will be, the two sides have a lot of incentive to try to settle for something in between.

There are two possible sorts of settlement:

1. Musk buys Twitter for less, or
    2. Musk walks away for more.

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I hope they fuck each other to death.

I like how this applies to both the Donald/Melania and Musk/Twitter situations 

It's probably going to end with Musk agreeing to pay some cancellation settlement and we'll never know the amount. But then he'll violate the terms of the settlement by commenting on it publicly as a victory (probably even on twitter) because he's a moron and we WILL hear about the resulting penalties.

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's probably going to end with Musk agreeing to pay some cancellation settlement and we'll never know the amount. But then he'll violate the terms of the settlement by commenting on it publicly as a victory (probably even on twitter) because he's a moron and we WILL hear about the resulting penalties.

The name of his 15th child will just be the settlement amount.  

- Onepointsevenfivebillion Musk

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I’d imagine that any settlement that doesn’t involve him taking ownership would be significant enough that twitter, as a public company, would need to report it in some public quarterly statement. 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

CV77SBXI3RN7BNTBI4YKB2MCQI.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The judge overseeing Twitter Inc's $44 billion lawsuit against Elon Musk has a no-nonsense reputation as well as the distinction of being one of the few jurists who has ever ordered a reluctant buyer to...

Kathaleen McCormick took over the role of chancellor or chief judge of the Court of Chancery last year, the first woman in that role. On Wednesday, she was assigned the Twitter lawsuit which seeks to force Musk to complete his deal for the social media platform, which promises to be one of the biggest legal showdowns in years.

"She already has a track record of not putting up with some of the worst behavior that we see in these areas when people want to get out of deals," said Adam Badawi, a law professor who specializes in corporate governance at the University of California Berkeley. "She is a serious, no-nonsense judge."

Judges have ordered reluctant buyers to close corporate acquisitions only a handful of times, according to legal experts and court records. One of those was McCormick.

Last year, McCormick got the attention of Wall Street dealmakers by ordering an affiliate of private equity firm Kohlberg & Co LLC to close its $550 million purchase of DecoPac Holding Inc, which makes cake decorating products.

She described her ruling as "chalking up a victory for deal certainty" and rejected Kohlberg's arguments that it could walk away because of a lack of financing.

The case has many parallels to the Twitter deal. Like Musk, Kohlberg said it was walking away because DecoPac violated the merger agreement. Like Musk, Kohlberg argued in part that DecoPac failed to maintain ordinary operations.

There are also differences. Musk's deal is magnitudes bigger, involves a publicly traded target company in Twitter and might have implications for Tesla Inc , the electric vehicle maker that is the source of much of Musk's fortune.

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

CV77SBXI3RN7BNTBI4YKB2MCQI.jpg
WWW.REUTERS.COM

The judge overseeing Twitter Inc's $44 billion lawsuit against Elon Musk has a no-nonsense reputation as well as the distinction of being one of the few jurists who has ever ordered a reluctant buyer to...

What a frustrating headline.

• True 1

48 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Legal Eagle's videos are generally good, but the Bob's Burgers breakdown was hard to watch. 

I just don't think his style meshes all that well with Law by Mike's. I think his colab with Doctor Mike was a lot more successful, but they were also dealing with much more, legally, interesting subject matter.