Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

20 hours ago, sblfilms said:

sort of related: I wish we had a policy of proper thread titles. I sometimes go looking for something only to scroll a couple of pages because the thread titles are something meant to be funny but not actually descriptive.

Agreed. I saw the poll that 44% of Republicans believe we just need to accept mass shootings as a part of life, and first I checked for a thread about the poll, then I looked for the shootings thread, which means I have to check for "thoughts prayers," and then I have to check that mega-thread to see if it was posted.

It's silly. No need for a mega-thread on anything related to a gun and on top of that, no need to label it something "witty."

20 hours ago, sblfilms said:

sort of related: I wish we had a policy of proper thread titles. I sometimes go looking for something only to scroll a couple of pages because the thread titles are something meant to be funny but not actually descriptive.

If only topic creators utilized the tag functions properly. 🤔

29 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Agreed. I saw the poll that 44% of Republicans believe we just need to accept mass shootings as a part of life, and first I checked for a thread about the poll, then I looked for the shootings thread, which means I have to check for "thoughts prayers," and then I have to check that mega-thread to see if it was posted.

It's silly. No need for a mega-thread on anything related to a gun and on top of that, no need to label it something "witty."

I think semi related is that the search function should be able to find text in embedded content.

Also, it was rolled into a mega thread because there are so many shootings the board would be flooded so the idea is keep them all in the same topic except for big ones I guess, people make topics out of those. 🤷‍♀️

6 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I think semi related is that the search function should be able to find text in embedded content.

Also, it was rolled into a mega thread because there are so many shootings the board would be flooded so the idea is keep them all in the same topic except for big ones I guess, people make topics out of those. 🤷‍♀️

We're not a big enough board to flood any of the forums. What ends up happening is shootings get buried in a mega thread, notable news like "44% of Republicans think mass shootings are just a way of life" is relegated to a post/tweet, and all developments pile on one another. Boris Johnson has a thread, Republicans doing some bad have a thread but is different than if they do something bad insurrection-related because that goes into a separate mega-thread, and add on the "clever" thread titles, and it becomes a chore to search to see if something's been posted.

5 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Still not convinced anything remotely resembling this is actually going to be mass-produced.

It'll get sold in shithole countries like the US without any pedestrian safety standards for cars. 

15 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I think the only thread I've seen megathread enforcement on has been the Canada thread.  If you want to start a new thread I say do it. Unless it's about  aboot Canada.

It’s only enforced because they’ll apologize and use the thread

• Sicko 1

On 6/7/2022 at 3:49 AM, SaysWho? said:

We're not a big enough board to flood any of the forums. What ends up happening is shootings get buried in a mega thread, notable news like "44% of Republicans think mass shootings are just a way of life" is relegated to a post/tweet, and all developments pile on one another. Boris Johnson has a thread, Republicans doing some bad have a thread but is different than if they do something bad insurrection-related because that goes into a separate mega-thread, and add on the "clever" thread titles, and it becomes a chore to search to see if something's been posted.

Sadly I edited in that second part of my post I really only care about the first part about searching for embedded content.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:53 AM, sblfilms said:

My man the D1P baseball thread is just titled, ‘The Mariners’, do not tell me you are looking for a policy now. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

My man the D1P baseball thread is just titled, ‘The Mariners’, do not tell me you are looking for a policy now. 

I need @thewhyteboarto have one W since his club continues to break his heart

My neighbor's ex-husband works for Tesla. 

They keep in contact regularly and I talk with my neighbor quite frequently. Therefore, I get all the good dirt that her ex passes along. 

There is a mandate coming down from Musk for everyone working remotely. It matches his tweets from the last couple of weeks and isn't just bluster. He's really requiring everyone to come back. My neighbor's ex works remotely, creating training videos for their internal teams. He requires a quiet and isolated office to literally do his job. He also works with several teams in either Michigan, Texas, and another far-flung state from here. He will be requesting an exemption, but all exemptions have to pass Musk's desk. So it's unknown at this point of whether he will have to move away just to sit in a shitty open office. 

Me and my neighbor find this absolutely hilarious, because he is a chud and gets what he deserves.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wait what

I suspect the defense would be that whenever it senses something it cannot handle, it by design gives back control to the user, but that sure makes it convenient for them dodging responsibility! There should safety regulations that if you're going to ship autonomous driving functionality that the company is responsible if it was active less than 20 seconds prior to an accident to really make these assholes contemplate how much they want to deploy the beta in prod since human life isn't a concern to them.

I used to love Tesla's and hoped to get one when I had a home I could charge it at (which I now do), but Elon has sunk all the good will I had toward them. They can get fucked at this point. I'll find another EV for my next vehicle.

• True 1
  • Halal 2

I don't know how much you guys know about the Rio Grande Valley and how Musk is fucking up the environment down there?? Or he'll just ignore. Musk doesn't give AF about the planet despite what all the Bay Area chuds think. 

107068116-1653652927776-51971203827_5296
WWW.CNBC.COM

The FAA said SpaceX will be required to take more than 75 actions to mitigate environmental impacts before the company can receive a launch license.

I just imagine Elon Musk freaking out on a cashier that refuses to break a $1,000 bill or something so that he can get a chocolate bar from a vending machine. *grabs the cashier by the collar, and pulls him so close that spittle flies into the teenager's face* "I'M TRYING TO SAVE THE GODDAMNED PLANET HERE"

• True 1

RGV is actually huge for stuff like sea turtles. 🥲

People end up with airship parts in their backyard. 

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnpr-brightspot.s3.amaz
WWW.TPR.ORG

Local activists in the Rio Grande Valley are frustrated with Elon Musk’s SpaceX operation in Boca Chica, just east of Brownsville, and they're determined to make their voices heard.

SpaceX_Rocket_on_beach_Bekah_Hinojosa.pn
RIOGRANDEGUARDIAN.COM

Just mere months after its first destructive ground-level rocket explosion in the Rio Grande Valley, SpaceX is seeking expansion permits from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to make...

Musk is a POS liar

• True 1

I'm happy about the government granting approval for SpaceX's facility in Texas.  We need more companies like SpaceX, not fewer.  It's a shame that Blue Origin is such a badly managed company - they could be a great domestic competitor to SpaceX, but they have floundered for 20+ years.  The more companies get involved in spaceflight, the less expensive it will be to launch things into space.  This is good for humanity in multiple ways.  

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

No Way Meme GIF

Private space companies, like SpaceX, Rocketlab, and Virgin Orbit have done more to increase access to space than the government ever could have.  I'm not sure if you are anti-private companies in space, or you are just anti-space in general, but advancing civilization will require us to spend a considerable amount of time, money, and effort in space.  

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Private space companies, like SpaceX, Rocketlab, and Virgin Orbit have done more to increase access to space than the government ever could have.  I'm not sure if you are anti-private companies in space, or you are just anti-space in general, but advancing civilization will require us to spend a considerable amount of time, money, and effort in space.  

More companies invested in space exploration != more companies like SpaceX. All of Elon's companies rim shit caked ass simply because Elon is involved.

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I am anti-private companies being involved in space (and defense...and energy...etc.)

These are areas that should be the sole province of the state and if that impedes the "advancement" of civilization, then so be it.

• Like 1
  • Halal 2

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I am anti-private companies being involved in space (and defense...and energy...etc.)

These are areas that should be the sole province of the state and if that impedes the "advancement" of civilization, then so be it.

I am against space and anything that takes up space, but I suspect that's a different subject completely.

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If you increased NASA's budget 10x and gave them free reign to pursue cool shit then we'd be far, far beyond what Musk is offering us now.

The problem is that Congress changed the allocation system for funding for everything, which destroys any chance of future infrastructure. In the old days, if you wanted to pass any legislation, you had to add pork to it, meaning some district got some allocation that brought jobs into that community. Most of those pork projects were either under defense, NASA or in a very rare situation, a project that actually helped people. NASA could be heavily funded because it served as one of the vehicles that were part of that allocation program. Now, NASA has to prove its useful right here and now to a bunch of people who only care about whether or not they're going to be reelected in two years (or six for senators). Right now, most Republican members of Congress get better value out of criticizing things NASA does than lauding those things. That used to be their cheerleaders. Democrats, unless they're talking about a program they're personally shepherding, generally aren't very much in the cheerleading mood.

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If you increased NASA's budget 10x and gave them free reign to pursue cool shit then we'd be far, far beyond what Musk is offering us now.

My dude, NASA has been trying to build their moon rocket for almost 20 years and it hasn't even launched once.  10 times the budget wouldn't make them any quicker or more efficient, it would just line the pockets of the 73 (or whatever) contract companies who are building the components for the system because they are all cost-plus contracts.  Cost-plus contracting, which was the model NASA has used since it's inception, is one of the reasons why it cost so much to develop and fly the shuttle, and why the (cancelled) Constellation and  (current) SLS programs are so expensive.

NASA contracted out the building of the launch tower for the SLS rocket.  Pretty standard.  But this launch tower will only be used for 3 launches, because from the fourth launch and onward, it will require a new tower (costing a billion or more).  The SLS is projected to launch once per year, and the entire rocket is thrown away on each launch.

Criticism of Musk is warranted, but SpaceX is driving the industry forward, forcing both private companies, and foreign governments, to invest in reusability.  China is taking it seriously, as is the European Space Agency, because those national programs are struggling to compete with SpaceX's high launch cadence and low launch prices.   To NASA's credit, they finally understand that their method of contracting out work via cost-plus is yielding shitty results, and have made efforts to move to fixed cost contracts, which is what they've done with both the crewed ISS launches (Boeing and SpaceX) as well as the human landing system (SpaceX, plus a future awardee to be determined). 

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I’m not sure about that. NASA has many more aspects of work than rocketry, so a large budget increase wouldn’t necessarily make the difference you’re thinking.

And realistically, NASA is better off handing over launch vehicles to other entities and spending whatever funds they have on mission stuff that the private sector or other nations can’t supply.