A county school board in Tennessee voted to ban a book on the Holocaust

1 hour ago, Komusha said:

Those are the stated reasons, at least. 8 profanities and one image containing nudity. I'm sure the district carries plenty of books that contain more than 8 profanities, however.

So I guess they should get of the Bible. I’m all for that if that’s what it costs.

I hope Amazon Kindle or whatever publisher could offer this as a free digital download. That way everyone could download and read it. Plus who knows, it might give some teachers (who are brave enough to tell) history stories that kids should know. 

It’s like the republicans watched Jojo Rabbit but never finished the film. They stopped because they didn’t like Hitler changing his happy go lucky attitude that they all know him for.

Jojo Rabbit GIF by Regal

Spoiler

at least Jojo a kid,  eventually realizes Hitler is evil and kicks him to the curb . . . well, out a window

5 hours ago, silentbob said:

It’s like the republicans watched Jojo Rabbit but never finished the film. They stopped because they didn’t like Hitler changing his happy go lucky attitude that they all know him for.

Taika launching into that Hitler speech halfway through is legit one of the most shocking and horrifying things I've seen on film. 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

They probably haven't even read them.

HOW MANY CAN!?!?!

So if I know my Christian families. Harry Potter should be flying off these racks next, with all them death and black magic in them books. I love how “Democrats are trying to take away your _______________. Meanwhile as Republican voters are rioting over the latest distraction. REPUBLICANS ARE FUCKING TAKING AWAY THING FROM YOU AND YOUR KIDS RIGHT NOW!!!!!! 

I use to think you guys were mostly crazy down there, but then you see our few Truckers doing their shit. Sadly that hatred stateside has spread northward and now has latched on/following this “convoy” to Ottawa. It’s gonna be Jan 6th 2.0 Eh!

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Looks interesting so I bought a copy on Amazon just now. It's very high on the sales charts, I assume thanks to this story. Whoops.

I actually did the same. That is one major positive to this story is that’s it’s putting a spotlight on what I hear is a very important book.

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Oh no, they got nudity and profanity in our story of genocide. Even though I very much grew up with it, the puritanical American "values" continue to baffle me.

Also, isn't this about cartoon mice? Is the school board unaware of the internet?

Is this why Minnie Mouse now wears a Pant Suit? Was she too sexy in her old dress and was distracting parents from watching their kids watch tv.