Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack OT

Pikachu

switch-n64-1633962311775-1634273983695.j
WWW.IGN.COM

Nintendo has announced that the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, which will give Switch owners access to N64 and SEGA games alongside Animal Crossing: New Horizons' Happy Home Paradise DLC, will cost $49.99/year - a $30 increase from the standard membership.

Nintendo has announced that the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, which will give Switch owners access to N64 and SEGA games alongside Animal Crossing: New Horizons' Happy Home Paradise DLC, will cost $49.99/year - a $30 increase from the standard membership.

If you have other Switch owners in your family, a family membership, which can support up to eight Nintendo Account holders, will cost $79.99 for 12 months. No release date has been given besides late October.

untitled-2-1634308265621.jpg?fit=bounds&

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Hey now, the Animal Crossing DLC being included makes this a little more worth it. I was all ready to drop $25 for that alone

Depends on how you feel about losing access to a DLC once you don't renew.  If you only play it within the year, I say good value.

Just now, eggydoo said:

Depends on how you feel about losing access to a DLC once you don't renew.  If you only play it within the year, I say good value.

I have no interest in the DLC as I'm not super into the design aspect of the game.

It being included with the Online Expansion pack would make me play it.

It being $50 / $80 is not a price I'd be interested in paying.

So I'll probably never play that DLC

(Actually I'm on a family plan so it depends on my "father" 🤫 )

:lol: wow, $30 more for two retro platforms they will drip out questionable games once in a blue moon. The AC stuff I could see being worth it if you’re a huge AC fan (I still need to pick up a copy).

I personally wouldn’t have an issue with the $30 increase if not for how badly NSO has been as is (I stopped renewing my subscription). I might still bite for a year but I don’t have high hopes for this being better.

Yeah, this gets a FUCK THAT from me.

Maybe.. Maaaaaaaaaybe once they bolster their N64 lineup, but let's be fair here. There were a handful of gems on the N64 and a whooooooole lot of garbage. Charging extra for it is kinda laughable, especially when their NES/SNES offerings have been a trickle.

And I already have the Genesis games on the Switch. I bought a cartridge with most of those games for it a few years ago for like, 12 bucks.

7 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m kinda shocked at this board losing their minds about $30 when half of you buy an extra console because it’s a new colour and pay $90 for a 12 year old game.  I’ll get this for a year, play Zelda and get my old college roommates together for kart sessions then cancel when I’ve played what I want

Ugg I feel so targeted.

:p. It’s a fair point to make, more just I think Nintendo’s past history with NSO does not breathe confidence that the service will be properly supported to justify the increase. I’ll most likely give it a shot for a year but I’m kind of expecting I’ll end up not renewing all over again.

5 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m kinda shocked at this board losing their minds about $30 when half of you buy an extra console because it’s a new colour and pay $90 for a 12 year old game.  I’ll get this for a year, play Zelda and get my old college roommates together for kart sessions then cancel when I’ve played what I want

200.gif

6 hours ago, Captain Pickle said:

It’s such a sad lineup of games especially if you have a 3DS. I have zero interest in playing an inferior version of Zelda and then a few games of Mario tennis lol. 

Part of it is just like… dudes you have an incredible lineup of games, could easily have sold me with some games that are hard to get ahold of (metroid fusion comes to mind), others, and they just give out scraps. Their $20 service is pretty sad itself, I only have it because I’m too lazy to cancel it. 

32 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

The fact a few games will have online makes this worth the (small amount of) money.

It would be a fun novelty but the netcode for those games is up in the air and a lot of them have better versions you'd rather play online. (Like who would play Mario Kart 64 (not even as good as the SNES game) over Mario Kart 8?)

21 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I don’t play Animal Crossing and there are zero games I want to play online on the Switch, this is an easy pass. I wouldn’t mind playing some N64 games but not at that price. 

My thoughts exactly. Nintendo.... ugh. I'll refrain from saying anything. I know I'll get attacked around here. :p