Checking in on the right wing critical race theory panic

I'm sure this is obvious to all of us, but Washington Post wrote a great piece last week about how critical race theory is basically the invention of a lone right-wing activist.

4QPE3YGN5MI6XIREXVM32IQZPQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Christopher Rufo, once a documentary filmmaker, has become a go-to activist for the GOP in a political fight over race.

5 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I'm sure this is obvious to all of us, but Washington Post wrote a great piece last week about how critical race theory is basically the invention of a lone right-wing activist.

4QPE3YGN5MI6XIREXVM32IQZPQ.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Christopher Rufo, once a documentary filmmaker, has become a go-to activist for the GOP in a political fight over race.

It's hate for hate's sake. There is a 50/50 chance that next year's outrage will be Winter Tires, and how Big Rubber is colluding with libtards to release aerosolized pellets into the air throughout winter to make our children dumb (it always has to be about children). Someone will point out that Jimmy Carter and Obama once looked at some car's tires together or something, and then we'll have Trump/DeSantis rallies with giant piles of burning tires.

I didn't want to make a new thread about this last night, but now that we have one, this seems like a good place to stick this:

Gaetz the pedo got dunked on by an absolutely BRILLIANT response from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, four-star General Mark Milley. :clap:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It's hate for hate's sake. There is a 50/50 chance that next year's outrage will be Winter Tires, and how Big Rubber is colluding with libtards to release aerosolized pellets into the air throughout winter to make our children dumb (it always has to be about children). Someone will point out that Jimmy Carter and Obama once looked at some car's tires together or something, and then we'll have Trump/DeSantis rallies with giant piles of burning tires.

Its hate for politics sake. It's the GOP showing white Americans they're "fighting for them", and its working, as Republicans will take back the senate next year, and probably the house too. They don't even care if the win the presidency (but they definitely will if Harris is the candidate in 24, because Biden will turn 82 right after the election, I just don't see him running again). 

Yes, democrats turned out more voters last election, voters who wanted to vote against Trump, not for Biden. Republican turnout will be huge again, and we probably end up with president DeSantis, and a republican Senate at the very least. Biden or Harris will not turn out those numbers again, unless Trump ends up the nominee, which is doubtful.

I love how the people who panic over critical race theory the most are the same people who couldn't sit down with you and actually tell you what it is they're talking about without just repeating what some pundit has said, even though he or she didn't know what it was either.

10 minutes ago, brucoe said:

I love how the people who panic over critical race theory the most are the same people who couldn't sit down with you and actually tell you what it is they're talking about without just repeating what some pundit has said, even though he or she didn't know what it was either.

I already told you, it's related to rubber tire pellets released to indoctrinate the kids.

My Dad tried to go on about critical race theory as some sort of gotcha towards the bogeymen fox etc is convincing him exist, and I wasn’t able to really argue against him at the time. Because at the time I didn’t even realize he was talking about critical race theory, because what he was describing was so out of touch from anything in existence I didn’t even connect the two.

The fox cinematic universe is so hard to keep up with, you really need to follow along or else you have no idea what the fuck these people are on about since it’s all just fan fiction.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

My Dad tried to go on about critical race theory as some sort of gotcha towards the bogeymen fox etc is convincing him exist, and I wasn’t able to really argue against him at the time. Because at the time I didn’t even realize he was talking about critical race theory, because what he was describing was so out of touch from anything in existence I didn’t even connect the two.

The fox cinematic universe is so hard to keep up with, you really need to follow along or else you have no idea what the fuck these people are on about since it’s all just fan fiction.

You need a PhD in Nonsense with a Masters in Dumbassery just to keep up.

We are just witnessing the thrashing about as these white people realize that their time at the top of the power structure is coming to an end. These people are all acutely aware of just how minorities are treated in this country... and their policy of "everything is fine, shut the fuck up, racism isn't a thing" just isn't cutting it anymore. They are mad because they know how bad minorities have it, and they don't want the same thing for them.

Isn't it funny how it's always the group at the top that is telling the people at the bottom to shut up and everything is fine? They're telling you it's not fine. You know it's not fine. These people fucking know. They aren't mad about their kids being taught anything. They're mad because anyone in a lower social class has the audacity to point out the thing they all know its true. That this country has not been stacked fairly. And just because it's possible for anyone in this country to work hard and better their lot in life does not mean that the racism does not exist or that this isn't a deeply flawed society.

These people know all too well and that's why they're upset. They don't want to lose their power. They don't want the truth out there, because they know the truth and they know the truth is bad.

• Like 1

The GOP is very good at riling people up over nothing, but it does feel like CRT could be a bigger deal that many of the previous passing hysterias, and the rush of legislation seems to indicate that is the case.

The GOP incorrectly defines CRT in ways that are so broad as to encompass anything they dislike, while also focusing in on specifics that are obviously not present in CRT.

• Guillotine 1

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Every time I see my girlfriends 12 year old niece she calls me a Colonizer, so that’s cool.

next time she does that just be like “yeah, I colonized your aunts pussy last night” and let us know the results

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

It's amazing how easily conservative boogeyman buzzwords gain prominence.

From "woke" to "cancel culture" to "antifa"...and right now "Critical Race Theory" is the hot, fresh one.

I've got a hot fresh one for them

Talking about a turd

24 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I've got a hot fresh one for them

Talking about a turd

Someone should convince them "the Turd of Ferguson" is the liberal nickname for Darren Wilson. 

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Fucking a, they are so damn efficient with their outrage machine. All this shit happening for a problem they literally invented. And now they are moving towards cameras in classrooms so they can try to control education if people aren’t following the laws they are coming up with to stop the thing they invented. 

I mean yeah the base they are appealing to are dumber than a bag of rocks but still, the way they escalate these things from invention to mainstream concern trolling is impressive.