Checking in on the right wing critical race theory panic

22 minutes ago, Jason said:
210709-rydell-harrison-brain-drain-mn-11
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Battles over diversity and equity initiatives in public schools have resulted in administrators and teachers being fired or resigning over discussions about race.

From the perspective of the right wing in the US, this is a win-win. 

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Imagine being from Cincinnati and saying this without irony

Hell if you break it down further to his actual hometown, Middletown, OH is a bit of a shithole.  Not that he knows or really cares these days, he skipped off to Yale, got him a pile of that Peter Thiel money, and is trying to secure himself a slot in the MAGA grift.

• 2 weeks later...

Little late on the NYC safety. I went on a high school art trip and when we got there, we were dropped in front of the MET. Teachers said to meet back there in 2 hours for our tour of the place but to go have until then. So I was 15 and thankfully a couple of my neighbourhood friends also went on the trip and hung with them. Still we were left unsupervised in the middle of NYC to do whatever we wanted too, but made sure to check in with the teachers at the various museums we had set to see. I think we spent for the 3 days we were there, about 6-8 hours in total with teachers via museums, liberty island, Smokey Joe’s Cafe musical and a trip up the Empire State Building. I bought a bootleg Tommy Hillfigure shirt via a vendor walking across the street on Broadway and a VHS bootleg of Titanic on the street below the ESB. I will admit though, I never felt uneasy during my entire trip there. One night we waited past midnight on the streets for our tour bus to pick us to bring us back to our New Jersey hotel. . . .which was across the street from a strip bar. First night there we in our room, wspotted a hooker squatting down in the corner our the hotel parking lot, removing her panties to take a piss. If they doesn’t say “Welcome to New Jersey” I don’t know what would. 

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Since “crt” is now the name used for a white supremacist movement based around suppressing minority voices, removing their stories from America’s history, and promoting their perception of the great white race, we should just change the name of the actual critical race theory study to anything else so we can stop trying to argue it and just call anyone who talks about crt ever a white supremacist, make them scared to say it in public.

On 7/30/2021 at 12:24 PM, stepee said:

Since “crt” is now the name used for a white supremacist movement based around suppressing minority voices, removing their stories from America’s history, and promoting their perception of the great white race, we should just change the name of the actual critical race theory study to anything else so we can stop trying to argue it and just call anyone who talks about crt ever a white supremacist, make them scared to say it in public.

How about Legal Educational Diversity

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Imagine getting paid millions of dollars to host glorified hangman for decades and not just keeping your mouth shut while cashing checks.

lol this gets better too, I was trying to see if Hillsdale was regionally accredited or like a Phoenix type of scam and Wikipedia didn't have that, but it did have this:

Since the late 20th century, in order to opt out of federal affirmative action policies, Hillsdale has been among a small number of U.S. colleges to decline governmental financial support, instead depending entirely on private funding to supplement students' tuition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsdale_College

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Sajak has always been a loon. In a previous job where the rule "don't talk politics at work" was openly scorned he was often the author of climate denial screeds (because he's a meteorologist by degree and before he was a game show host) which was sent to me often. Pure bunk.

This is the shit that always kills me about this stuff, there’s just… never enough for some people.

If I was a public figure, do you know how much my silence would cost? Not much!

• True 2

I've apparently got more in me.

I think most people would agree that hosting Jeopardy is more difficult than Wheel of Fortune.

Imagine watching Aaron fucking Rodgers' stupid, unvaccinated ass stumble off a football field and onto the set of Jeopardy, host the affair competently, and not follow that up with every one of your waking moments being absolutely terrified about your job security.

xjyyu63txo68tuug5gbe.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

NEW YORK—Continuing the show’s much-lauded commitment to inclusivity, the producers of Sesame Street introduced a paranoid-schizophrenic Muppet Friday specifically conceived to help educate kids about Pat Sajak stealing their empty tuna cans. “For certain children, awareness of threats posed by the Wheel Of Fortune…

• Haha 6