Chip shortage shows no signs of abating, may drag into 2022

I planned on building a computer too.  

I built my daughter a computer 2 years ago using a first gen Ryzen with integrated graphics.  It works pretty well.  Maybe I'll build another one for myself with one of the third gen cards with integrated graphics so I don't need to get a separate video card. 

Sucks I had to pay scalpers but my 6800XT is doing really well at super ultrawide 1440p

I of course could always use more FPS so I might have to do it again. I do regret it for my Ryzen though. The 5800z has been in stock at my local MC when I go to check. Probably just wait for the release after Zen 4 this year.

As these longer term effects of the pandemic come to fruition, I'm so glad I got my house when I did. (Exactly one year ago yesterday!) Between housing prices getting even stupider, and houses being much much much more competitive to buy, to apparently routers coming in short supply (I got a new one when I moved) I think I lucked out. From the router article though, lmao:

Running out of the right router would prevent a carrier from being able to add new subscribers to its network, risking lost sales in the ever-competitive broadband market. 

Competitive lmao lmao lmao

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Use your phone as a hotspot.

Not an option for TONS of people. 

I bought a new router/modem at the beginning of the pandemic and it should have me good to go through this potential shortage. 

I'm not getting fiber anytime soon, so I won't have to worry about that either. 

• 8 months later...

I got my PS5 during Black Friday week. Since it's BC, at the moment I'm less interested in games and more interested in beefing up my 4K blu collection. Of course, I still need a 4K receiver but after Christmas, I should have enough Prime points for that.

I'll have to find more recent articles but it is sounding like the chip supply chain may not stabilize until 2023 at the earliest. So expect continued fun times in 2022. :devil:

I'm so happy to have my ps5 since launch even if I don't ever have time to play it (it would be far more work to find one now than it was at launch for me).