~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

UVALDE, Texas (AP) — Teachers and students at Robb Elementary School knew the safety protocols when an 18-year-old with an AR-15 style rifle entered the building in May. Dozens of times in the previous four months alone, the campus had gone into lockdown or issued security alerts.

Teachers and students at Robb Elementary School knew the safety protocols when an 18-year-old with an AR-15 style rifle entered the building in May. Dozens of times in the previous four months alone, the campus had gone into lockdown or issued security alerts.

Not because of active shooter scares — because of nearby, often high-speed pursuits of migrants coming from the U.S.-Mexico border.

An entire generation of students in America has grown up simulating lockdowns for active shooters, or worse, experiencing the real thing. But in South Texas, another unique kind of classroom lockdown occurs along the state’s 1,200-mile southern border: hunkering down because Border Patrol agents or state police are chasing migrants who are trying to evade apprehension.

The frequency of lockdowns and security alerts in Uvalde — nearly 50 between February and May alone, according to school officials — are now viewed by investigators as one of the tragic contributors to how a gunman was able to walk into a fourth-grade classroom unobstructed and slaughter 19 children and two teachers. Although a slow and bungled police response remains the main failure, a damning new report by the Texas House says recurring lockdowns in Uvalde created a “diminished sense of vigilance.”

49 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

So they cried wolf dozens of times, then the wolf actually showed up and killed a bunch of kids. Awesome.

I worked with a client that had an active shooter alert system installed by the customers IT. It was horribly done and for the first year it would false alarm at least twice month. So they paid us to fix it, I fixed it and they ran a drill 2 days later. They called screaming bloody murder that it didnt work properly and if students or facility had died because of it, the lawsuits would be enormous. I show up and have the superintendent set it off, it goes off but less then half school evac. " You need to fix this NOW!" he says

We walk through the halls and I show him its working but the most of the teachers just ignore it now. One teacher had stuffed towels into the speaker grill so they didnt have to hear it.

• Guillotine 1

9 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

I worked with a client that had an active shooter alert system installed by the customers IT. It was horribly done and for the first year it would false alarm at least twice month. So they paid us to fix it, I fixed it and they ran a drill 2 days later. They called screaming bloody murder that it didnt work properly and if students or facility had died because of it, the lawsuits would be enormous. I show up and have the superintendent set it off, it goes off but less then half school evac. " You need to fix this NOW!" he says

We walk through the halls and I show him its working but the most of the teachers just ignore it now. One teacher had stuffed towels into the speaker grill so they didnt have to hear it.

Nah brah it's obviously much more reasonable to assume you embedded "etaucave ton od" in the new alert sound. 

• Like 1
  • True 1

On 7/19/2022 at 9:21 AM, sblfilms said:

I actually don’t like elected officials going to things like funerals. I still vividly remember what a circus it was when Sheila Jackson Lee showed up the funeral for my cousin and her half sisters who were all murdered by the ex-boyfriend of the oldest sister.

It was just very disruptive and took the focus off of the lives that were taken and the grieving families.

I get there are different wants and needs for different families though, but I can understand why politicians would choose not to go.

While we are on the subject: I also hate politicians going to “survey the damage” and such after catastrophes of various sorts. Just get resources into the community and don’t stop until everyone is taken care of!

I agree with this. Besides the only funeral I want Abbott to attend is his own. 

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2

_126033042_mediaitem126033041.jpg
WWW.BBC.COM

Police say the suspected shooter later turned the gun on himself at the popular campsite in Iowa.

A six-year-old girl and her parents have been shot dead while camping in the US state of Iowa, police have said.

The bodies of Sarah and Tyler Schmidt, both 42, and their daughter Lula were found in their tent in the Maquoketa Caves State Park.

The couple's nine-year-old son survived the attack, a neighbour said.

Police believe the suspected shooter, a 23-year-old man, then turned the gun on himself. His body was also found in the park.

Camping.

They were camping.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:38 PM, SuperSpreader said:
love-field-072522-02.jpg?quality=85&stri
WWW.NBCDFW.COM

A woman pulled out a gun inside Dallas Love Field Airport late Monday morning and began shooting toward the ceiling, Dallas police say. The woman was confronted and shot by officers. No other...

345ed983-9786-4e5b-b8eb-18068c4efa63_114
WWW.WFAA.COM

Several dozen people were standing in the area with their suitcases at ticket kiosks. The area is adjacent to the security checkpoint at Love Field.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

345ed983-9786-4e5b-b8eb-18068c4efa63_114
WWW.WFAA.COM

Several dozen people were standing in the area with their suitcases at ticket kiosks. The area is adjacent to the security checkpoint at Love Field.

That officer actually did a good job with that. It looked like he already thought she was suspicious before she did anything. You don't typically walk around there if you're not leaving the counter after dropping off bags. 

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

That officer actually did a good job with that. It looked like he already thought she was suspicious before she did anything. You don't typically walk around there if you're not leaving the counter after dropping off bags. 

I absolutely noticed that that the cop definitely appeared to suspect that something was amiss and was advancing towards her.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

The cop acted appropriately, too. He saw she was acting strange, and when she pulled out the gun he retreated a bit to cover, but then immediately trained back on her. And it appears he didn't fire at her until she level the gun at people-level.

He didn't seem to empty the whole clip on her either