~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

1 hour ago, Amazatron said:

If only everyone was packing they could have stopped this hooligan Antifa rock.

They couldn’t because they were also surrounded by ‘One-Arm Bandits’ 

*crickets*

I’ll see myself out

• Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, silentbob said:
220717212912-01-greenwood-park-mall-shoo
WWW.CNN.COM

Three people are dead and two others hospitalized after a shooter opened fire in the food court of a Greenwood, Indiana, shopping mall Sunday evening, police say.

Good guy with a gun killed the shooter....the right is all like "see guns save lives" well except for the 3 that died and 2 other people wounded....is this their idea of success?

1 hour ago, Ominous said:

Good guy with a gun killed the shooter....the right is all like "see guns save lives" well except for the 3 that died and 2 other people wounded....is this their idea of success?

We're going to need more stories about a good guy with a gun shooting another good guy with a gun who was trying to shoot the bad guy with a gun. So we obviously need more guns in the hands of more people before we can finally convince the morons that maybe we shouldn't have guns, or maybe we'll just all end up dead. Tic tac toe.

Why do Mayo looking guys always swear they’re Leonidas?

i also greatly enjoy the imagery they’re using of people fighting to preserve system built on the backs of an entire underclass of humans too. But, context is lost on these chuds.

8 hours ago, Ominous said:

I live in Indianapolis and they see it as a big win for guns and how anyone can conceal carry in our state bow. In their eyes without the good guy with the gun it would have been so much worse and just ignore if nobody had guns those people would still be alive.

7 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Why do Mayo looking guys always swear they’re Leonidas?

i also greatly enjoy the imagery they’re using of people fighting to preserve system built on the backs of an entire underclass of humans too. But, context is lost on these chuds.

Persia should've won.

• Halal 1

rawImage.jpg
WWW.CHRON.COM

State Sen. Roland Gutierrez, who represents Uvalde, says the governor has not been to the...

In a Monday interview with MSNBC, state Sen. Roland Gutierrez, who represents Uvalde, criticized Abbott for not returning to the South Texas town, and alleged that Abbott has not been back since May 29 when President Joe Biden also visited a public vigil in Uvalde, rather than June 5 as the governor's schedule suggests. 

"I don't want this to sound like some political assault on him, but at the end of the day he hasn't been there since Day 5, when the president came... We had a failed response on giving resources to families," Gutierrez said. "He did not go to one single funeral—and quite honestly, many of the families didn't want him there."

Gutierrez's statements align with recent statements from some of the shooting victims' families. During a July 13 news conference, Angel Garza, father of 10-year-old victim Amerie Jo Garza, alleged that "since this happened, Gov. Abbott has yet to reach out." Garza added that Sen. Ted Cruz, who also attended some prayer vigils for victims, similarly failed to reach out to victims' families.

"We've had Sen. Gutierrez in our living room, willing to come and talk to us," Garza said. "We've had Beto O'Rourke coming to our private meeting to fight with us. He marched with us. That means something to us. The fact that you're reaching out just to see how we're doing means something to us." 

In an emailed statement, Renae Eze, spokesperson for Abbott, wrote: "Governor Abbott has been to the community multiple times, visiting with every family who requested a meeting and joining his fellow Texans to grieve and worship at events into June. Many families requested private funerals, and the Governor and First Lady instead sent flowers and condolences to let the loved ones know they remain in their prayers."

I dunno, seems like an easy thing to do to reach out without now-childless parents requesting a meeting. I could maybe see the funerals by themselves just being private (even though other public officials seem to have come if I'm reading Gutierrez right), but the phrasing of "requested a meeting" stuck out.

I actually don’t like elected officials going to things like funerals. I still vividly remember what a circus it was when Sheila Jackson Lee showed up the funeral for my cousin and her half sisters who were all murdered by the ex-boyfriend of the oldest sister.

It was just very disruptive and took the focus off of the lives that were taken and the grieving families.

I get there are different wants and needs for different families though, but I can understand why politicians would choose not to go.

While we are on the subject: I also hate politicians going to “survey the damage” and such after catastrophes of various sorts. Just get resources into the community and don’t stop until everyone is taken care of!