~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

32 minutes ago, Brick said:

"Do we get to look at facts?

Do facts matter?"

You mean like the fact that countries with stricter gun laws, and fewer guns overall see DRASTICALLY less gun related crimes? Dumb bitch.

I never fail to remind people that people who own guns are far more likely to use them on themselves than whatever John McClain situation they envision in their head. That or an accident.

I can pretty much guarantee I would have shot myself by now if I owned a gun. I have dark moods.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I never fail to remind people that people who own guns are far more likely to use them on themselves than whatever John McClain situation they envision in their head. That or an accident.

I can pretty much guarantee I would have shot myself by now if I owned a gun. I have dark moods.

Same. While things have improved mental health wise. I still wouldn't trust myself owning a gun. I'd like to collect older firearms (ww1 etc) but I don't think it be wise to.

• Halal 3

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wut

That is just about the worst way to make the argument. In this case, you probably would have a lower body count if you just let the parents storm the room.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Saw a post from my mom blaming this not on guns but on LGBTQ identities, mental illness, and taking God out of schools and government. 

Just fucking disgusting. It’s all I can do not to rage. 

Why does she think much more liberal countries in Europe don't have these kinds of weekly mass shootings?

14 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Why does she think much more liberal countries in Europe don't have these kinds of weekly mass shootings?

I’m not going to ask. No good can come of it. I do not respond to her political posts, period. 

But I made a post of my own basically in response that posed the same question. 

Stocks for gun manufacturers are up.

They don’t like to admit it, but they *love* gun control advocates.  If gun control ceased being an issue tomorrow, the firearms industry would collectively weep.  It would lose billions.

All that, and deep down they know gun control legislation will never make significant headway in this country.  It’s the best of all possible worlds for them.

• Guillotine 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

3 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Stocks for gun manufacturers are up.

They don’t like to admit it, but they *love* gun control advocates.  If gun control ceased being an issue tomorrow, the firearms industry would collectively weep.  It would lose billions.

All that, and deep down they know gun control legislation will never make significant headway in this country.  It’s the best of all possible worlds for them.

Well yeah, best sales tactic is “the liberals are coming for your guns”…

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

This thread is terrifying and disgusting. Every single one of them is sick. 

It's there entire identity. It's a full on religion. That said, I'm not sure it's fair to include the picture of that one woman with all her guns at the gun range she owns and operates. Just feels totally different to show off your collection at the gun range you own versus in your bathtub or in your kids' room.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Like I've said before, the problem is these people treat guns like toys, not like tools. and something about this picture just seems unsafe. I HOPE to god those guns are unloaded.

I think the fact that they are guns make it seem unsafe but if you look at the rest of the pictures (they get worse than that first one) it's pretty evident that this was some sort of sick photoshoot so I'm sure it was safe in that regard.

I remember reading that in Death of Stalin they gave Jason Isaac's Zhukov less medals because the amount that hung off the front of the real Zhukov looked ridiculous.  I'm starting to think that's also true about the gun nut gun closet scenes in some movies, several of those look like parodies, but we know they aren't.