~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My daughters school district is having enhanced screening at school entryways with more cops at school for some reason. “Doing something” I guess. I’m just broken. I didn’t have any kids during sandy hook but now just thinking of being those parents it fucking broke me. It just hurts different now than 8 years ago. 

Yeah I got another one coming in August (assuming all goes as planned) and stuff like this...there are just no words.  `Broken' is about the closest you'll come.

This makes me think about Anton Chigurh's coin tosses in No Country for Old Men.  About living in a country where the prospect of some psycho gunning you or your family down is just one little fluctuation of fate away.  And being unable to do anything about it, except accept the outcome of the coin toss, because of extreme political and cultural dysfunction. 

• Halal 2

36 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You also have to id their body, they don’t carry identification. I can’t imagine. 

When my brother was killed I had to go I.D. him because my mom and stepdad couldn't do it. I also had to prepare his body for burial according to muslim tradition because my stepdad and other brother just couldn;t bring themselves to do it. It wasn't easy at all.

• Sad 6

23 minutes ago, outsida said:

Why is it that when the democrats have an impressive black candidate republicans run the most pitiful black republican they can find?

You really need to ask that question? Herschel Walker is a fucking joke. They're gonna limit his public appearances and interviews, trust me. The man is an idiot.

• True 1

The Fire District in the south Denver metro area has a decent size YouTube channel and they've talked at length about their preparation for school shootings. They have a preplan for every school with the staging areas, helicopter LZs, and command post locations all marked plus building floor plan. They've also equipped every truck with vests/helmets and deputized some of their Paramedics as SWAT so they can go in immediately. That district has had several shootings in the past few years. 

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Or they can REALLY be hunters and use a bow and fucking arrow. Not an Ar-15 with infrared scope and laser site.

I just use a basic bolt action rifle that holds 5 rounds. I never could keep a bow steady. 

But I don’t think rifles like mine are really the issue. 

To be honest, I don’t know of any hunters using ARs. Except feral hogs, I guess. People just have them because they fetishize them. 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

I always find it depressing when powerful politicians ask when someone will do something about something.  It's like hey, that's you, you can do something, I can't, I can just vote for you.  It's like those shitty fundraising emails where Democrats are whining about losing their majority, it would be nice if they did something with it.

• Halal 5

30 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What do you mean "we", white man?

Good Christ - will someone please impeach this useless, old-ass honky already?

The bullshit of it all is that they won't move anything for him control and they won't even call the GOP's bluff on health reform. Just gonna sit there and do nothing because it's not really that urgent because nobody is shooting up the pricey private schools everyone in Washington puts their kids in.

• True 1

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Just for posterity:

Eat shit terfs.

Yeah but did you ask the mods if it's ok to post this here? :devil:

It's always a red flag when someone starts out their post with such a bullshit pre-text that what they're going to post is just wrong.

man i’m sick. had to go to our 8th grade promotion today and we had to do the national anthem at the beginning. so fucking dumb man i hate this country. it just doesn’t compute to me that a lot of americans just don’t give a fuck about actually keeping children safe. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Or they can REALLY be hunters and use a bow and fucking arrow. Not an Ar-15 with infrared scope and laser site.

Use a crossbow, like you do for shooting dogs on your lawn.

Read an article about some of the confirmed victims so far. Just breaks my heart. Why do 10 year olds have to be slaughtered in school? They were happy, looking forward to so much. 

God damn this country. It disgusts me. 

I don’t want kids for a lot of reasons, but this is one. I cannot imagine the fear a parent must feel at a time like this. 

4 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Local cops didn't even go in to stop the shooting, they waited outside until feds (border patrol) arrived (who went inside and confronted him).

Their cowardice will be rewarded almost certainly with big budget increases locally and medal ceremonies.

Local cops are supposed to fall under the “good guy with a gun” category of people who are supposed to prevent/end this kinda thing, right? If they have to wait for better guys with bigger guns, what the fuck good is it to arm teachers? 

• True 1