~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Human life means nothing to these chuds. Only if it's unborn.

Clearly you just don’t understand that unborn kids haven’t been able to arm themselves yet.

Pretty soon kids 2+ will have to be trained and given a gun to protect themselves from those other kids with guns at school. Republican family Xmas cards clearly seem to show this possibility for the near future.

2 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Even in the Northeast in leftist icon Bernie's home state... guns are worshipped.

Between Massachusetts and Canada is the land equivalent of international waters, aside from a couple ski towns and Portland ME. :p

• True 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

We don't HAVE to be. Unlike any other species on the planet we have the capacity to adapt and change. We just have to choose to do it. ALL of us on an individual level.  Until that happens things will continue to be the way they are... I don't want to get into one these "D1P Philisophical, Existential debates" that happen so often around here but yeah, that's my feeling. People can complain the politicians all they want, but the politicians are there because of the people. ALL of the people Republican and Democrat. People in THIS country need to take some fucking responsibility and ownership and make Kids getting shot in their classrooms as important an issue to them as fucking gas prices and maybe we'll see something change. So sick of this shit.

We are too smart for our own good…

we can convince ourselves that even the cruelest act has a valid value…

we are just too smart and act beyond logic

• True 1

There is legitimately no place to go where there aren’t a massive number of guns per capita. The last time I checked, even the lowest per cap states like Mass and Jersey have high per caps close to the next most gun loving wealthy nation, Canada.

18 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Clearly you just don’t understand that unborn kids haven’t been able to arm themselves yet.

Pretty soon kids 2+ will have to be trained and given a gun to protect themselves from those other kids with guns at school. Republican family Xmas cards clearly seem to show this possibility for the near future.

Soon, they'll just straight up give you a free gun if you get pregnant!

11 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

There is legitimately no place to go where there aren’t a massive number of guns per capita. The last time I checked, even the lowest per cap states like Mass and Jersey have high per caps close to the next most gun loving wealthy nation, Canada.

I wonder if New Zealand would take me :hmm:

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yes, but even Vermont's gun laws enacted nationwide would hugely help this situation.

I am not very familiar and a Google search is bringing up mostly stuff about the new background check law that the legislature worked on this year. What does Vermont do that would have limited the impact in this shooting were it the law of the nation?

1 minute ago, silentbob said:

People should try and see what CNN’s Victor Blackwell did with (R)James White. Nice to see some reporters getting their balls together again and ask the hard questions. How long that fire will last in reporters, remains to be seen. 

Watching it now. I was on the phone when this interview was going on live.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I am not very familiar and a Google search is bringing up mostly stuff about the new background check law that the legislature worked on this year. What does Vermont do that would have limited the impact in this shooting were it the law of the nation?

You can't buy a gun in Vermont until you're 21. That would certainly have helped in this most recent case, that's for sure.

In my mind the only realistic but never going to happen either solution is some kind of deal with the GOP. Repeal the federal gun laws that are objectively stupid and get magazines over X rounds added as a Class 3 item like silencers and machine guns are now. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You can't buy a gun in Vermont until you're 21. That would certainly have helped in this most recent case, that's for sure.

I just looked at the laws there and *16* year olds can buy long guns in private sales if they have completed a government approved hunting safety course. WTF 😬

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Destroy the second amendment. Mandatory buybacks. The end.

A pipe dream…as grand as that would be..

the battle cry of “ I am an America and I have rights” is the rallying cry that justifies and validates the madness of one nation under 2 gods (guns and religion) indivisible (as in you will never take my arms) with liberty and justice for some…

”This is America, I have Constitutional rights” is what we use to educate ourselves.. not to better the republic but to use that knowledge to batter each other and validate our sickness

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Going to call it the Domestic Terrorism Prevention act

Thank goodness they have a long weekend to think about it… they can celebrate, get their memorial day photo ops done. Maybe the holiday can allow the apathy of the nation to sink back in so they feel freshly offended by the gov’t trying to take their weapons..

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

A pipe dream…as grand as that would be..

the battle cry of “ I am an America and I have rights” is the rallying cry that justifies and validates the madness of one nation under 2 gods (guns and religion) indivisible (as in you will never take my arms) with liberty and justice for some…

”This is America, I have Constitutional rights” is what we use to educate ourselves.. not to better the republic but to use that knowledge to batter each other and validate our sickness

I know it’s a pipe dream but it’s the only thing that’s going to move the needle.

Children get butchered and we do nothing. We insistent on officers in schools, which does nothing. Officers were engaged before this motherfucker got inside, and it didn’t matter.

The only things that will matter will be stopping the sale of guns, and getting guns out of the hands of Americans and destroying them. Everything else is putting a bandaid on a necrotic limb and hoping it gets better.

37 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I just looked at the laws there and *16* year olds can buy long guns in private sales if they have completed a government approved hunting safety course. WTF 😬

I used them as an example because most of their laws are the bare minimum that would still make some difference. Them and New Hampshire. If I wanted a real example of gun laws I'd prefer and would make a real difference, is prefer the nation adopting Massachusetts gun laws. The best part of Massachusetts gun laws, other than the licensing, is that your guns have to be registered and you're mandated to report any losses, thefts, sales, or other transfers.

If we actually tracked guns in this country maybe we could even reduce crime in Mexico.

• True 1

17 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Found it!

I will legit drain my life savings and give it to any reporter who legit just sneezes and says “bullshit” during the sneeze whenever someone brings up the Constitution.

Seriously, stop hiding behind an old document. 

It seems highly likely that the police effectively allowed the shooter to massacre the classroom while they waited for backup.

I literally never want to hear the phrase “good guy with a gun” ever again.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

I will legit drain my life savings and give it to any reporter who legit just sneezes and says “bullshit” during the sneeze whenever someone brings up the Constitution.

Seriously, stop hiding behind an old document. 

If it had gotten everything all right from the start, I wouldn't give a shit that it's such an old document. But obviously, given how many times it has needed to be.....amended.... it ain't perfect. What a piss poor excuse from this guy. :tired:

21 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

What else is there beyond healthcare and policing that the US spends significantly more per capita compared to other countries with significantly worse results?

Military operational effectiveness

The US ranks #3 in per capita military spending after Qatar (#1) and Israel (#2).

11 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

What else is there beyond healthcare and policing that the US spends significantly more per capita compared to other countries with significantly worse results?

Education? Not sure about the per capita stat on that