~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah i edited my post to include San Diego. Great place to go for a weekend and drink but I was surprised how Red it is down there.

The fact that there are multiple bases down here means that you'll always have to support the military, but the current composition of San Diego Government is pretty Blue. Democratic Mayor, city council, board of supervisors, etc.SD also went 61-37 for Biden. 

East County is absolutely Red and I walked past a yard sign in my neighborhood (I live in the mid-city area) that said #LetsGoBrandon, but on a whole this city is pretty Left-Leaning. 

EDIT: I'm also watching the new conference and what a fucking joke. All about LEO and Mental Health. Nothing about access to guns, nothing about laws that he's pushing making it easier to get guns and overlook mental health problems of the people buying them. Nothing. Shit would make me sad, but he just passed the mic to Lt. Gov. Oh and there's a Beto O'Rourke sighting. 

6 minutes ago, Chollowa said:

EDIT: I'm also watching the new conference and what a fucking joke. All about LEO and Mental Health. Nothing about access to guns, nothing about laws that he's pushing making it easier to get guns and overlook mental health problems of the people buying them. Nothing. Shit would make me sad, but he just passed the mic to Lt. Gov. Oh and there's a Beto O'Rourke sighting

Watching that too... protestors disrupted the conference and these fucks had the nerve to get indignant. FUCK TED CRUZ.

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Abbott is a mental health professional now... "Anyone who will shoot anyone else has a mental health challenge." :| FUCK THESE GUYS.

He played the "Chicago" card. Holy shit, I shouldn't be watching this, I'm doing this to myself. 

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Abbott is a mental health professional now... "Anyone who will shoot anyone else has a mental health challenge." :| FUCK THESE GUYS.

Cops shoot innocent people all the time, do they have a mental health challenge?

• True 1
  • Halal 1

37 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Calling O'Rourke out of line, and a sick son of a bitch.

That was the mayor of Uvalde apparently. 

“I can’t believe that you’re a sick son of a bitch that would come to a deal like this to make a political issue,” Uvalde Mayor Don McLaughlin told O'Rourke at one point.

Beto has to try his best to get media attention. The free ads aren't happening like they did when he ran against Cruz in 2018. Plus he makes a valid point and it is a political issue. This event is a shit show. Our 'leaders' aren't doing anything to prevent these events from happening. They are jokes.

1 hour ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Most successful organisms are, the problem we have is that we, as a species on Earth, are in uncharted waters regarding how we are kept in balance, a thing all other species need not contemplate as physics and instinct will balance the scales. But I'm trying to take a long view and understand that the next hundred years will be the equivalent of the species "teen age" years. We can and will continue to generate completely avoidable problems until we learn to change our ways. I simply refuse to give up on this species no matter how awful some or even the majority can be. I've already been through a lot, I can take some more. I worry every day as my wife is a special needs teacher and my kids are in school.  But we get up everyday and we do the very best we can to remind people that we need each other and that despite our differences we are all able to hear the greater music if we get out of our own ego and fear laddered ways. 

I'm much more cynical than you.  I believe that human beings are savage by nature, and are maintly moved by urges toward brutality and dominance over each other.

gofundme-texas-elementary-school-shootin
WWW.GOFUNDME.COM

Help those affected by the Robb elementary school shooting in Texas. Donate to verified fundraisers to offer relief.

GoFundMe created a repository of vetted fundraisers for these poor families, if you feel inclined towards direct financial assistance.

32 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Per CNN: "School Resource Officer "Confronted" but didn't "Engage" Shooter before he entered school" WTF does that mean?!

Officer: “Hey, stop!”

shooter: ”No”

Officer: ”Ok, have a good one”

9 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm much more cynical than you.  I believe that human beings are savage by nature, and are maintly moved by urges toward brutality and dominance over each other.

That Hobbesian perspective of human nature has pretty much been disproven by all sorts of archeological and anthropological evidence.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Calling O'Rourke out of line, and a sick son of a bitch.

It just goes beyond rage. I’m done with this state. Unfortunately CO where we are looking to relocate also has a religious take on guns. Fuck it all. 

20 minutes ago, sblfilms said:
gofundme-texas-elementary-school-shootin
WWW.GOFUNDME.COM

Help those affected by the Robb elementary school shooting in Texas. Donate to verified fundraisers to offer relief.

GoFundMe created a repository of vetted fundraisers for these poor families, if you feel inclined towards direct financial assistance.

This is NOT a wealthy community... they can definitely use the funds.

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Officer: “Hey, stop!”

shooter: ”No”

Officer: ”Ok, have a good one”

You joke but that sounds like that may have been one happened. This one reporter on CNN is trying to get specific answers about this interaction and she said she's not getting a clear answer from anyone. 

EDIT: Posted these in the wrong thread... hey mods can someone move this if possible to the other thread? @Jason or @Commissar SFLUFAN?