~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Sick enough to give up private gun ownership?

No.  But that doesn't mean I don't care about these types of incidents and that I want them to stop.  I guess I don't have much to add right now beyond that.  Horrible.  If there is a hell, I hope this fucker is there right now. 

• Guillotine 1

Just now, Uaarkson said:

Buy guns to protect ourselves from all the other gun owners, of course.

Sadly this is probably the only answer. This is the first time in MY LIFE I've felt the need to own a gun despite being threatened by, shot at and pistol whipped in my teen years and losing two loved ones and countless freinds and acquaintences to gun violence. Been pricing shotguns for the last couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

No.  But that doesn't mean I don't care about these types of incidents and that I want them to stop.  I guess I don't have much to add right now beyond that.  Horrible.  If there is a hell, I hope this fucker is there right now. 

Then I kindly suggest that you keep your utterly useless thoughts on this particular topic to yourself in the future.

• True 2

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

The only actual hell is the reality that the parents of the slain, and to a lesser extent the rest of us, are living in. Fuck the second amendment.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I would say not sick enough then.

How about simply adopting the far more sensible gun laws of Canada?

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Sadly we've accepted this shit as normal in this fucked up country. Let that sink in. THIS. IS. NORMAL.

This is the accepted collateral. Sandy Hook was, what? Twenty FIRST GRADERS. That didn't not move the needle. That event moved the needle in the wrong direction. We as a nation saw that and decided what we need is even fewer controls and more guns.

• True 1

There will be no justice for the slain. There will be no succor for their family members. The only recompense they'll get are over-represented 2A psychos ensuring that no laws will ever be passed to keep these things from happening. I don't care if it's just a hobby. I don't care if you feel like you need it to protect your property. I love playing guitar but if I found out that every time I struck a chord a child died I'd toss them all into a wood chipper. Fuck all of this.

• Halal 1

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

This is the accepted collateral. Sandy Hook was, what? Twenty FIRST GRADERS. That didn't not move the needle. That event moved the needle in the wrong direction. We as a nation saw that and decided what we need is even fewer controls and more guns.

Yup. I remember telling a friend of mine at the time that if a bunch of six year old white kids getting murdered in their classrooms did nothing to move the needle in this country nothing would. How did The Right react? By saying it didn't really happen :|

Just now, Dimden said:

Salvador Roma

Reveal hidden contents

Apparently shot and killed his grandmother, then drove to a nearby school and decided to commit suicide by cop via mass murdering kids. Absolutely deranged and disgusting. 

It’s okay the GOP will clearly push for comprehensive mental healthcare reform now 

• True 1

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I would say not sick enough then.

How about simply adopting the far more sensible gun laws of Canada?

Honestly?  I wouldn't mind Canada's system.  For one, you don't undergo a background check every time you buy a gun.  You just present your PAL (possession and acquisition license) when you purchase a firearm, whether that is a private party sale or at a gun shop.  From what I understand, everyone with a PAL undergoes a background check everyday, and if you are flagged as a prohibited person (or whatever they call it in Canada), the authorities show up and confiscate your card and any guns you may have.  

15 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

You know this country is fucked when liberals start buying guns 

I’m a liberal and I’ve always owned guns. Mostly just hunting rifles, but at this point, I would give up my couple pistols without a second thought. 

The obsession with guns in this country is sickening. 

• Like 2
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, Dimden said:

I'm listening to Fox right now and they're pushing the mental health angle and look... It may be for the wrong reasons, but if it gets the right moving on mental health reforms, I'm for it. It's something the country desperately needs, especially post covid.

It's a mere talking point to divert attention from the thing actually empowering mass murderers, once the news moves on from this they'll never touch the topic again until they need to protect guns again. 

• True 3

2 minutes ago, Dimden said:

I'm listening to Fox right now and they're pushing the mental health angle and look... It may be for the wrong reasons, but if it gets the right moving on mental health reforms, I'm for it. It's something the country desperately needs, especially post covid.

Even if they moved for mental health reform, they'll refuse to pay for any of it. We'd need universal healthcare for to keep it free or else it does nothing.

It'll never happen. Not until, at the very minimum, the entire Boomer generation dies off.

• True 1

4 minutes ago, Comet said:

Fuck acknowledging them and giving them notoriety. The reasons just don't matter. We've seen them all before. 

To shed more light on the responsibility these social media companies have as well. Their hands aren't clean.

In other news, Chris Murphy on the Senate floor

13 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m a liberal and I’ve always owned guns. Mostly just hunting rifles, but at this point, I would give up my couple pistols without a second thought. 

The obsession with guns in this country is sickening. 

Same same

24 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

You know this country is fucked when liberals start buying guns 

Hey I am far left enough that guns are okay.

Having said that I don't think it wise for me. Doubt my therapist would approve either.

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Mental health is a red herring. The U.S. doesn't have significantly more of mental health problem than other industrialized countries. The difference with us is the easy access to guns. Point blank period. 

Blaming it on mental health is the new thoughts and prayers.

• True 2

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Mental health is a red herring. The U.S. doesn't have significantly more of mental health problem than other industrialized countries. The difference with us is the easy access to guns. Point blank period. 

QFT. It's mainly an easy access to guns issue.