~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

Mental health is a nice idea, but we'd better off addressing why the fuck mostly young men get so broken in the first place that shooting random people is good idea in their head. The resources to treat everyone with mental health issues don't exist, we need to prevent the conditions that result in this. End the War on Drugs, Child Tax Credit, Universal Healthcare, career path planning that isn't a joke, legalize sex work. 

Another reason mental health is a red herring because there's no guarantee someone doesn't buy a gun while fine and then snaps. Mental illness/wellness isn't some on or off thing that you permanently are or aren't. 

• Thanks 1
  • True 3
  • Halal 3

Texas State Senator is on CNN giving more information: A couple of tidbits, shooter bought two AR'S once he turned 18 a short time ago. There ARE threats on social media from the Shooter. Grandmother MAY still be alive. No mention of gender identity or the shooter being undocumented. Apparently he was born in North Dakota.

Also I'm compelled to note that there have been more school shootings so far in 2022 than there have been weeks, this one is noteworthy because the asshole ran up the bodycount.

ap22144731027358_wide-b01567a77fc06b8a11
WWW.NPR.ORG

A shooting at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, marks the 27th such school shooting in the U.S. this year.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

So Law enforcement engaged with him BEFORE he made it into the school but couldn't bring him down before he got into the school. The school had police officers there already so whoever said this on fox news can fuck right the fuck off. The shooter had Body armor and was heavily armed. A Law Enforcement official is being interviewed on Anderson Cooper right now.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

It was ten days ago that Jen Psaki took the time to stage a photo of her hugging Peter Doocy. If you ask what can Dems actually do that's in their power to do right now, I'd say one place to start is to stop pretending like anyone associated with Fox News has a place in polite society. Stop acting like this is all game at the end of the day. That's something.

• Like 3
  • True 1
  • Halal 3

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

We're probably gonna hear from Greg Popovich on this as well.

You'll never hear an NFL head coach commenting on this beyond "thoughts and prayers" nonsense.

Probably not Pop, his team isn’t playing 

Just now, Ricofoley said:

Two of these in a row where the shooter was ready to go with body armor. Fuck off forever with "good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun"

I meant to take a picture of it, but I was at Home Depot Monday and the local VFW was raffling an AR15 like rifle, and a camo helmet and body armor almost exactly like the Buffalo shooter wore. Dystopian.

8 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

It was ten days ago that Jen Psaki took the time to stage a photo of her hugging Peter Doocy. If you ask what can Dems actually do that's in their power to do right now, I'd say one place to start is to stop pretending like anyone associated with Fox News has a place in polite society. Stop acting like this is all game at the end of the day. That's something.

I didn't say anything at the time, but that photo nauseated me to the point of wanting to vomit.

6 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Two of these in a row where the shooter was ready to go with body armor. Fuck off forever with "good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun"

This is the interview I was listening to. Guy gave a LOT of information. Also just watched an interview with one of the parent's of Sandy Hook and it was heart breaking. This woman is one of the ones that Alex Jones said was "acting." :|