Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wtf?! When did Mamet lose his mind?!

In a 2008 essay at The Village Voice titled "Why I Am No Longer a 'Brain-Dead Liberal'"[23] he revealed that he had gradually rejected so-called political correctness and progressivism and embraced conservatism. Mamet has spoken in interviews of changes in his views,[24] highlighting his agreement with free market theorists such as Friedrich Hayek[25] the historian Paul Johnson, and economist Thomas Sowell, whom Mamet called "one of our greatest minds".

I’ll defer to @Commissar SFLUFAN, @brucoe, @Jwheel86, and others who know more about the military than I do, but this seems… potentially bad for states passing these laws that have bases? Or am I reaching?

AAWbYRb.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

In a surprising response to a wave of anti-LGBTQ legislation across the country, the U.S. Air Force is offering medical and legal help to military families personally impacted by state laws against gay and transgender children. The military service is also offering to help service members leave those states if needed. Air Force leaders announced in a March press release that there are medical, legal and other resources available to...

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’ll defer to @Commissar SFLUFAN, @brucoe, @Jwheel86, and others who know more about the military than I do, but this seems… potentially bad for states passing these laws that have bases? Or am I reaching?

AAWbYRb.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=
WWW.MSN.COM

In a surprising response to a wave of anti-LGBTQ legislation across the country, the U.S. Air Force is offering medical and legal help to military families personally impacted by state laws against gay and transgender children. The military service is also offering to help service members leave those states if needed. Air Force leaders announced in a March press release that there are medical, legal and other resources available to...

The number of military families that are potentially impacted could probably be counted on three or four hands.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Just remember Al Franken resigned over a less scandalous photo.

I keep hearing this opinion and I just don’t get it.  Unless I’m misremembering, the Franken photo was him pretending to grope a sleeping soldier.  This is just a guy having stupid fun with what you assume are consenting adults.  It’s not even the same argument.  

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

I keep hearing this opinion and I just don’t get it.  Unless I’m misremembering, the Franken photo was him pretending to grope a sleeping soldier.  This is just a guy having stupid fun with what you assume are consenting adults.  It’s not even the same argument.  

Both were taken before they were working for the government.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Both were taken before they were working for the government.

I don’t think that matters. A joke about non-consensual sexual assault vs. some dude just goofing off harmlessly. And I say this as someone who abhors everything Cawthorn represents.