Twitter just permanently banned Trump.

Just now, finaljedi said:

Was there a tweet today that did it?  Or was it his Wednesday shit?

"

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump tweeted:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Shortly thereafter, the President tweeted:

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Due to the ongoing tensions in the United States, and an uptick in the global conversation in regards to the people who violently stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks. After assessing the language in these Tweets against our Glorification of Violence policy, we have determined that these Tweets are in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy and the user @realDonaldTrump should be immediately permanently suspended from the service."

Generic_BlogShare.jpg
BLOG.TWITTER.COM

Suspension of @realDonaldTrump

Just now, sblfilms said:

The Tech Bros scrambling to look like they are doing something before the Dems take over both chambers and punish them for their enabling of Trump.

Its unlikely they will be able to do much. I don't think you are getting 60 senators. 

I think its more they are no longer afraid of Trumps wrath. 

I mean, good, but I find it hard to care BECAUSE this should have happened a long time ago. Same with reddit who banned the donald subs today. It kinda just feels like a bunch of people twisting an already twisted knife. The knife was already twisted, everything else just seems pointless and bandwagon-y. "Look we're kicking him out too, praise us!" 

But, I get that I am not exactly right. If they didn't cut him off and ban this shit he would still be spewing his filth with greater ease. Finally, he is getting kicked off the greatest internet stages. 

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

Its unlikely they will be able to do much. I don't think you are getting 60 senators. 

I think its more they are no longer afraid of Trumps wrath. 

They don’t need 60 senators to do severe damage to these companies. Get ready for some reconciliation hijjnks.

Just now, Bacon said:

I mean, good, but I find it hard to care BECAUSE this should have happened a long time ago. Same with reddit who banned the donald subs today. It kinda just feels like a bunch of people twisting and already twisted knife. The knife was already twisted, everything else just seems pointless and bandwagon-y. "Look were kicking him out too, praise us!" 

But, I get that I am not exactly right. If they didn't cut him off and ban this shit he would still be spewing his filth with greater ease. Finally he is getting kicked off the greatest internet stages. 

I think this is the perfect take. It was years too late, but it still needed to happen.