What Headset Do You Use?

HalfJoey

What headset does everyone use for PC and/or console gaming?

I've been using the original PS Gold Headphones for 6 years now. I dont dislike them but they did get uncomfortable after a couple hours of play.

When I pre-ordered the PS5 I also bought the Pulse 3D headset. After thinking about it I might not open the Pulse 3D and get another headset. Right now I'm leaning towards the SteelSeries Arctis 7X because it works with PC, PS5, and Xbox but I could be convinced to pay a little more for something a little better. I may do the Arctis 9s. Razor Blackshark V2 Pros. Wireless is a requirement for me and my budget is between $100 and $200.

Right now mostly game on PS5 and PC so Xbox compatibility isn't a requirement. If I pick up a Series X I might just get dedicated headphones for that.

I have this arriving today!

Penrose_ProductShots_Web_Penrose_3Q_240x
WWW.AUDEZE.COM

Penrose X for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC Penrose for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Mac Penrose (PlayStation) units are now shipping.Penrose X is expected to ship in early December. Audeze 100mm planar magnetic...

• Like 1

I picked up a G35 a few years ago for $40. I'd like something wireless so I don't have to take it off while stepping away from my PC but in the immediate term I'm finding it hard to justify spending money to replace it just so I can go wireless.

I'm still using Astro A50's from like 2012 or 2013. They are black with red coloring. I'm looking for another option with the PS5 though. Since there is no optical port I would need to buy some HDMI adapter to use them. Problem is the adapter is only as good as HDMI 2.0 or something but my tv is new and can take advantage of 2.1. Not sure what I want now. I have the Playstation Gold headset but I can't find the stupid USB dongle. With enough digging I might be able to find it. There were some razr kraken tournament headphones on sale for like $55 the other day. I think i read correctly if you plug headphones directly into the PS5 controller, that will give you the new fancy 3D audio they are hyping up. So I might look for headphones that just plug right in. 

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I have this arriving today!

Penrose_ProductShots_Web_Penrose_3Q_240x
WWW.AUDEZE.COM

Penrose X for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC Penrose for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Mac Penrose (PlayStation) units are now shipping.Penrose X is expected to ship in early December. Audeze 100mm planar magnetic...

Please post your impressions and comparisons. I see those being mentioned more and more. If they're hands down one of the best I think I will spring for them.

ath-m40x_01a.png
WWW.AUDIO-TECHNICA.COM

Pure. Professional. Performance.The M-Series ATH-M40x professional monitor headphones are tuned flat for incredibly accurate audio monitoring across an extended frequency range. Your studio experi ...
share.png?11512238983664027315
WWW.V-MODA.COM

V-MODA is the music lifestyle brand where state-of-the-art tech meets stylish design in customizable headphones and more. 60-day Test Drives + Free US Shipping

I use those Audiotechnica ones right now. The big thing they have over the A50's for me is the... bridge? (I don't know what that part is called) is made of metal. The A50's are made of cheap plastic that kept snapping on my big ass head. They're also quite a bit cheaper. Not as much bass, though.

AudioQuest Nighthawk with AudioQuest's microphone cable they built for it.  It's a chunky cable that's kinda a pain to have plugged into a controller, but my friends told me it sounds great and it has the magic ability to not pickup the heat/ac blower fan in my apartment that's next to where I sit.

spacer.png

I’m a bit hard of hearing, so I went through almost a dozen headsets on my X1X to find one that was truly wireless and pre-amped in some fashion.  I finally settled on a set of Lucidsound LS35x.  They are amazing and I actually have to turn the volume down from full instead of cranking it to max. 

for PS4 I used the Gold headset and thought they were great for the price. I am giving them to my son when my ps5 comes in and bought a pair of the new pulse 3D for me. 

2 hours ago, vaxick said:

Penrose isn't released yet, but it's more than likely using the same drivers as the Mobius if you want to get an idea as to how it'll sound.

SFLUFAN said his was arriving on Saturday. I think some are trickling out to people aren’t they? Or just early access people. Thanks for Mobius suggestion I’ll look for reviews on that first. 

I narrowed down my selection to 2 headphones. I don't want to spend more than $150. I'm looking at the Hyperx Cloud 2 Wireless or the SteelSeries Arctis 7p. Both charge with USB C. Hyperx say 30 hour battery. People say how comfortable the 7p is. They are both fairly new so its hard to get a lot of impressions. Wish I could try them both on and listen myself. I think I'm going to get the Hyperx. 

4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

I narrowed down my selection to 2 headphones. I don't want to spend more than $150. I'm looking at the Hyperx Cloud 2 Wireless or the SteelSeries Arctis 7p. Both charge with USB C. Hyperx say 30 hour battery. People say how comfortable the 7p is. They are both fairly new so its hard to get a lot of impressions. Wish I could try them both on and listen myself. I think I'm going to get the Hyperx. 

Actually in that price range I would recommend these:

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00HYH7HXA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=voda+m100&qid=1606901469&sprefix=vmod&sr=8-1

With this:

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Microphone-Gaming-Communication/dp/B00BJ17WKK/ref=pd_aw_fbt_img_2/146-2911035-7624904?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00BJ17WKK&pd_rd_r=215c4d30-c292-4217-8d82-41f0d8b84a13&pd_rd_w=3rUIW&pd_rd_wg=1kAgc&pf_rd_p=8ad921d8-8b3b-4c8e-be01-c425a146feba&pf_rd_r=R86W9RBM4529TWW1AWNX&psc=1&refRID=R86W9RBM4529TWW1AWNX

It would put you slightly above budget but totally worth it 

I use a Plantronics RIG 600 and I like it very much.  I'm not a huge audiophile or anything, but they sounds really good to my ear.  They weren't super expensive either.  I don't even know if it's available anymore because I got them over a year ago.  But if whatever the next one up in the RIG model line is available, I'd feel good about recommending it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

My son loves his Arctis 7 Pro. Ibe never used it, so I can’t give my opinion either way. But he said they are very clear. They were a birthday present last spring. 

6 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

I use a Corsair Void Pro. Really comfortable even with glasses. I <3 RGB and it has made gaming better for me. More immersive and it's convenient. My mom can watch TV while I game. I have no interest in PC speakers because of them.

I have the Void Pro Wireless and they’re great. I have an enormous fucking head and the headphones are very comfortable.