Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

26 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I thought the point of shell companies is that people don't know they're shell companies, I don't see what banning them does. Money laundering is already illegal.

The point of shell companies is you don't know who owns them.

I'd say the counterpoint to that is that, while fake ID's are technically illegal, there's no real punishment for using them, they just get confiscated. Just like shell companies. They'll just get another one. Unless there's real teeth behind the laws that are actually being broken through the use of fake ID's (which, for us normal folks, there is), it doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'd say the counterpoint to that is that, while fake ID's are technically illegal, there's no real punishment for using them, they just get confiscated. Just like shell companies. They'll just get another one. Unless there's real teeth behind the laws that are actually being broken through the use of fake ID's (which, for us normal folks, there is), it doesn't matter.

I don’t know what it’s like where you are, but in NJ possessing a fake ID is a criminal offense with possible jail time.  

Also to some extent, if we’re dealing with corporations, you NEED the state government to recognize it and sign off on it whereas a fake ID is purely counterfeit.  If no state will recognize your anonymous corporation anymore, making a shell company is magnitudes more difficult unless you also want to forge tons of official documents.

I’m convinced there is voter fraud. For Republicans to act this way tells me they committed so much voter fraud they are shocked the Democrats won. They’re assuming the only way Democrats could defeat all of the Republican’s voter fraud is with more Democrat voter fraud. Guaranteed that any “investigation” Republicans will want to do with have such a granular scope, and they’ll push back HARD on expanding it to any areas Trump and other Republicans did well. 

I kinda doubt there's more than a minuscule amount of outright fraud being committed. I do think that the intentional slowdown of the post office--that was very obviously concentrated in metro areas in swing states--led to a non-trivial amount of ballots not being counted, and any discussion of that at all has just utterly vanished since election day. That's the real power of the Steve Bannon "flood the zone with shit" media strategy. Even though Trump ultimately is not going to be re-installed as president on the 20th, there's no room to discuss any of the actual problems with the election because we've spent the past month and a half talking about Dominion being run by Hugo Chavez or whatever.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

or anyone poor

Or just voting in a State where rules were changed by the Governor, but only if that State also voted for Biden.

This is the Republicans doing everything they can to hold onto the new GOP voters that are really just assholes that normally wouldn't vote, that were inspired to vote because they see alot of themselves in Donald Trump. 

image.jpg?width=1200&coordinates=0%2C18%
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Buried deep in a report claiming Donald Trump has no intention of walking away meekly after Congress certifies the 2020 presidential election on January 6th, the Daily Beast reports that "diehard' fans of the president are openly threatening violence the day they descend upon Washington D.C. for a ...

13 minutes ago, Jason said:
010221-pence-cheat_znepok
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Earlier this week, the vice president asked a federal judge to reject a bid to force him to interfere in the count of electoral votes.

This is just his way of trying to appease the Trumpers while not actually having to do anything himself.

It's sad Pence still holds the delusion of parlaying this into a presidential run for himself. He is the perfect mix of not Trumpy enough for Trump fans, while also having too much Trump stink on him for everyone else.

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I'd say that is probably where we are headed.

Rejecting any election your opponent wins as illegitimate by definition is just the next step for a minoritarian party that refuses to change and so they must retain power by perverting the rules.

I would say it is the last step, but it would be optimistic to think that is as far as they will go.

A scenario fit for a political thriller:

Trump or his supporters  neutralize a dozen Democratic House members between the 3rd and the 20th in order to gain a majority in the House.  If the Republicans control the House, they have the Speakership, and 2nd in line for the Presidency.  Since Trump cannot change the date/time of inauguration, and his and Pence's term ends at noon on the 20th, the line of succession kicks in and the Speaker becomes the acting President.  Once enough Democrats are "offed" in the House, Trump resigns and is voted in as Speaker of the House (you don't even need to be a member of Congress for this position).  Since the Presidency and Vice Presidency become vacant at noon, Trump automatically becomes President again.

This is of course an insane proposition, but I wouldn't put it past Trump thinking about this scenario.