Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

SJC72OCD4QI6XITXJGTND6O76E.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

One of Trump’s staunchest backers, Robertson described Trump as “very erratic,” said he lives in an “alternate reality,” and urged him not to run again in 2024.

On Monday’s show, Robertson also offered some personal criticisms of Trump, describing the president as “very erratic” and taking aim at his penchant for falsehoods.

“You know, with all his talent and the ability to be able to raise money and grow large crowds, the president still lives in an alternate reality,” Robertson said. “He really does. People say, ‘Well, he lies about this, that and the other.’ But no, he isn’t lying; to him, that’s the truth.”

Robertson then mentioned several of Trump’s false claims: “He had the biggest crowd on Inauguration Day. He had more people than ever. He was the most popular of people — he saved NBC with ‘The Apprentice.’ ”

Nah, I’m watching out for Tom Cotton in 2024.  I never really bought the whole GOP base’s shift to military dove territory.  I think it’s just a temporary position they adopted because Trump wound up being the nominee, and because they knew the broader public was exhausted with Bush/Reagan militarist hawkery after Iraq.

Deep inside, I still think the base—all parts of the base, from Trumpist to old-school neocon— secretly loves the ‘American action hero’ warmongering ethos, and will eat up policies like Cotton’s suggestion we should have deployed the military to put down the 2020 riots in the cities.  Plus they’re eating up the anti-China rhetoric and I think they’d love the idea of a romp in the South China Sea under the pretext of ‘fighting communism.’ (Until the body bags and the war expenses come flooding in)

I’ll be very happy if I’m wrong and their dove-ish foreign policy stance is at least semi-permanent.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:
SJC72OCD4QI6XITXJGTND6O76E.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

One of Trump’s staunchest backers, Robertson described Trump as “very erratic,” said he lives in an “alternate reality,” and urged him not to run again in 2024.

Turds fleeing a clogged bowl.

43 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Nah, I’m watching out for Tom Cotton in 2024.  I never really bought the whole GOP base’s shift to military dove territory.  I think it’s just a temporary position they adopted because Trump wound up being the nominee, and because they knew the broader public was exhausted with Bush/Reagan militarist hawkery after Iraq.

Deep inside, I still think the base—all parts of the base, from Trumpist to old-school neocon— secretly loves the ‘American action hero’ warmongering ethos, and will eat up policies like Cotton’s suggestion we should have deployed the military to put down the 2020 riots in the cities.  Plus they’re eating up the anti-China rhetoric and I think they’d love the idea of a romp in the South China Sea under the pretext of ‘fighting communism.’ (Until the body bags and the war expenses come flooding in)

I’ll be very happy if I’m wrong and their dove-ish foreign policy stance is at least semi-permanent.

Tom Cotton is fascist enough to win, but he has the charisma of congealed dog vomit.

So whats the GOP play next election?

-Trump wins again after they obstruct democrats for 4 years then blame them for everything

-GOP actually rigs the election the way they accused Democrats and use the reaction of this safe snd secure election to deny cheating and play victims

or do Dems grow a spine root out all the dirt from the GOP and end some careers? doubtful but winning Senate would be key.,

I assume that if Dems somehow win GA, that the GOP will go all in on declaring fraud.. Trump they probably felt they could afford to lose.. the Senate itself they will not give up under any circumstance because thats McConnells base of power

7 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

So whats the GOP play next election?

-Trump wins again after they obstruct democrats for 4 years then blame them for everything

-GOP actually rigs the election the way they accused Democrats and use the reaction of this safe snd secure election to deny cheating and play victims

I assume a combination of these.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

One thing for sure is that they are going to go after Kamala Harris just as hard as Biden in preparation for her possibly being the nominee in 2024 (though I think Biden's ego will keep him running if he's still in okay health).

Biden has all but stated he is a one term president. 

As I said in another thread, Trump will not be able to/won't run in 2024. And his kids won't win if they did run because they just aren't like him in that way with his base. My words from the other thread: It's stuff like this that should remind people not to worry about a Trump 2024 run. His brain is mush already, he'll be nearly 80 years old if he won and took office, and I feel like people keep forgetting: the man will soon be personally liable for $400+ million dollars in loans and debts which become due within the next 4 years. It's one of the main reasons (along with state criminal charges from the SDNY) that is making Trump fight so hard for the presidency still, and barring that, immunity or a pardon for himself because he is fucked the minute he becomes a private citizen again, and he knows it.

Between the SDNY going after him hard for numerous actions he'll have to pay for to defend himself against, and numerous private sector banks calling in for debts and loans he owes, on top of his brain more and more exponentially becoming mush, and him very clearly running out of money due to pocketing much of the money from MAGA chuds that was supposed to go to his "campaign" and then "legal action" funds means he'll either be in jail or completely broke (or both, let's hope) so he won't be able to make any kind of presidential run even if he wanted to.

And honestly, he loves floating the idea so he stays in the news and gets media attention so he can then throw rallies to grift old idiots out of their money but I don't think he wants the actual job again once he leaves. It pleases his narcissism, his need for validation, and his desire for money all in one go without having to actually do the job to be president!

We really need to stop seriously entertaining that Trump will run in 2024 until 2023 and he is somehow in a position to do so and actually announces a run. I DO think he will continue to try to grab all media attention in the interim because he will want to keep grifting, and if the media buys in (they will) then he will be insufferable and around all the time, which will make it feel like he'll run again because he isn't going away, but he won't actually run. SDNY and private banks will crush him. Honestly I'm pretty convinced he'll die between now and 2024. 

35 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

As I said in another thread, Trump will not be able to/won't run in 2024. And his kids won't win if they did run because they just aren't like him in that way with his base. My words from the other thread: It's stuff like this that should remind people not to worry about a Trump 2024 run. His brain is mush already, he'll be nearly 80 years old if he won and took office, and I feel like people keep forgetting: the man will soon be personally liable for $400+ million dollars in loans and debts which become due within the next 4 years. It's one of the main reasons (along with state criminal charges from the SDNY) that is making Trump fight so hard for the presidency still, and barring that, immunity or a pardon for himself because he is fucked the minute he becomes a private citizen again, and he knows it.

Between the SDNY going after him hard for numerous actions he'll have to pay for to defend himself against, and numerous private sector banks calling in for debts and loans he owes, on top of his brain more and more exponentially becoming mush, and him very clearly running out of money due to pocketing much of the money from MAGA chuds that was supposed to go to his "campaign" and then "legal action" funds means he'll either be in jail or completely broke (or both, let's hope) so he won't be able to make any kind of presidential run even if he wanted to.

And honestly, he loves floating the idea so he stays in the news and gets media attention so he can then throw rallies to grift old idiots out of their money but I don't think he wants the actual job again once he leaves. It pleases his narcissism, his need for validation, and his desire for money all in one go without having to actually do the job to be president!

We really need to stop seriously entertaining that Trump will run in 2024 until 2023 and he is somehow in a position to do so and actually announces a run. I DO think he will continue to try to grab all media attention in the interim because he will want to keep grifting, and if the media buys in (they will) then he will be insufferable and around all the time, which will make it feel like he'll run again because he isn't going away, but he won't actually run. SDNY and private banks will crush him. Honestly I'm pretty convinced he'll die between now and 2024. 

I dunno what will happen with Trump (it's been a while since a defeated one-term president ran again), but to the point about the kids: I'd extend that to Melania when pointing out that they don't have the same popularity that Donald does. If Melania divorced Trump this June and said differences are irreconcilable, my guess is that they'd turn on her so fast.

31 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm pretty sure he'll have that $400m he's due on thanks in so small part to the $600m+ that Kushner vanished from the campaign. What's even better is that'll give him the credit leverage to convince some random bank somewhere in Russia to give him a loan to keep his lifestyle going.

That said, even if Trump isn't running in 2024, he'll continue to keep a campaign open for donations while continuing his rallies. He likes the admiration he gets from the rallies and running a campaign will allow him to continue his grift. He'll just keep paying his kids handsomely in undisclosed consulting fees.

While I see one of the Trump's shooting for the moon in 2024, they can certainly also spin it off into a Kennedy-esque legacy in some state like Florida. Massachusetts keeps voting in unqualified Kennedy's on nothing but their name. There has to be another state and dumb as us, but more Trump-leaning.

54 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I dunno what will happen with Trump (it's been a while since a defeated one-term president ran again), but to the point about the kids: I'd extend that to Melania when pointing out that they don't have the same popularity that Donald does. If Melania divorced Trump this June and said differences are irreconcilable, my guess is that they'd turn on her so fast.

They’ll be calling her an illegal mail order bride IMMEDIATELY.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Absolutely agreed. 

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

I'm pretty sure he'll have that $400m he's due on thanks in so small part to the $600m+ that Kushner vanished from the campaign. What's even better is that'll give him the credit leverage to convince some random bank somewhere in Russia to give him a loan to keep his lifestyle going.

That said, even if Trump isn't running in 2024, he'll continue to keep a campaign open for donations while continuing his rallies. He likes the admiration he gets from the rallies and running a campaign will allow him to continue his grift. He'll just keep paying his kids handsomely in undisclosed consulting fees.

While I see one of the Trump's shooting for the moon in 2024, they can certainly also spin it off into a Kennedy-esque legacy in some state like Florida. Massachusetts keeps voting in unqualified Kennedy's on nothing but their name. There has to be another state and dumb as us, but more Trump-leaning.

I think the SDNY and a Biden administration will have something to say about that alleged $600+ million but we will have to see how that pans out, I admit. And I absolutely agree he'll make it look like he's running to keep grifting, no question there. 

If the Trump family gets any kind of "Kennedy legacy" we should probably just give up. :p 

@Greatoneshere

Was wondering re: Trump/Trump supporters post-election litigation who you think would actually have standing to sue entities like the governments of swing states or (lol) the electoral college for something like election fraud.  Or is the issue that no one has standing to do so and these lawsuits are aimed at the wrong targets? (I.e. they ought to be suing individual election workers or precincts for fraud if they want to clear the standing hurdle)

I mean, the lawsuits are all bogus anyway, but most are being dismissed due to lack of standing, and I was wondering how a lawyer with a brain would actually bring a suit that wouldn’t be dismissed on those grounds. (and so get dismissed for simple lack of credible evidence lol)

• Thanks 1