Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He was just at the bar and I recognized him, so I went over to him and said, "Hey, Senator Biden - let me buy you a drink!" and he replied, "Nah, son - let me buy YOU one!" and so he did!

On a scale of 1-10, how sleepy was he? Asking for a friend in a really tight jam.

• Haha 8

Black people rejected Trump like a used piece of Bubblegum

Black people won this election for the Democrats, and nonwhite voters across this country also rejected President Trump. Trump did well with Cuban-Americans in Florida (as Republicans usually do), and with some Latinx voters in South Texas. But overall, he lost Latinx voters: He lost Puerto Rican Americans in Florida, and Mexican Americans in Arizona. He lost with the AAPI community. He lost the Muslim community. He lost the Jewish community. And he lost with the LGBTQ community. That rejection should be respected, and celebrated. Trump is the first president to lose a reelection bid since 1992, and he lost it because a coalition of basically everybody other than white cis-hetero Christians overwhelmingly united and turned out against him. We saved America. You’re welcome.

I’m sorry more white people didn’t join our America (and thankful for the ones who did) by rejecting the bigotry, misogyny, and incompetence of Trump and the GOP, but I refuse to allow their ghoulishness to ruin my good time. Commitment to white supremacy will eventually kill this country, just as ideologies of racial superiority have killed every nation-state that hung onto them for too long.

But what we’re not going to do is ask people of color, Black people specifically, who have delivered this country from evil, to mollify or mitigate their demands for justice just because it might spook some of the white voters who have consistently embraced the very dystopia Trump championed.

I’ve heard some talking heads suggest that strident calls of racial justice in the face of police brutality “hurt” white Democrats in swing districts. Political guru James Carville said on MSNBC that the “police stuff” was “unhelpful.” When asked about Democratic “underperformance,” former senator Claire McCaskill said, “Around cultural issues, the Republican Party, I think, very adroitly adopted cultural issues as part of their main theme. Whether you’re talking guns or issues surrounding the right to abortion in this country or things like gay marriage and the right for transexuals and other people who we as a party have tried to look after and make sure that they’re treated fairly.” She later apologized for using the term “transexual.”

On a post-election conference call, Virginia Representative Abby Spanberger, who narrowly won reelection, called the House Democrats campaign a “failure” and lashed out at the party’s embrace of the protests inspired by the death of George Floyd. Reports indicate the call basically turned into a centrist freak-out session in which vulnerable Democrats blamed Speaker Nancy Pelosi and “the Squad” for their problems or losses.

I would like to invite these Democrats to either take all the seats, or go jump in a lake. I’m sorry if pointing out the terrorism suffered by Black people at the hands of the police makes it harder for Democrats to win in Richmond, Va. But Black people were not put on this earth to make life easier for Representative Spanberger. She’s free to send whatever message to her district she thinks works best: In fact, we need candidates like Spanberger who can win in purple districts like the one she represents. But she cannot dictate the national message of a party that would not exist without the blood, sweat, and bodies of Black people.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, atom631 said:

That Biden speech was so refreshing! 

I will be nice to hear a president speak coherently again. 

Joe is a good speaker, not as good as Obama but pretty good, so it will also be nice just to listen to Biden speeches where the weight of the world isn't resting on every word.

Like, not having to worry that the 78 year old recovering stutterer is going to flub a 5 syllable word and convince just enough swing voters he is senile and cost him the election will also make it easier just to sit back and enjoy it.

33 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

Yes......you stupid fuck

That is such a dumb fucking tweet. Biden is also winning the popular vote. I can't even with these people.

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Son-of-a-bitch

I just realized that I owe Joe Biden a drink for the time he bought me one at the Old Ebbitt Grill in DC when he was still a senator.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He was just at the bar and I recognized him, so I went over to him and said, "Hey, Senator Biden - let me buy you a drink!" and he replied, "Nah, son - let me buy YOU one!" and so he did!

This is such a cool story! Did you have a good experience? Since I went to private school in DE from 6th to 12th grade Biden spoke at my campus and while I do not like Biden as a candidate, he was always a decent, kind man who answered my sometimes quite aggressive questions with humility and honesty.

Yeah, compared to Trump, that's my fucking guy.

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I will be nice to hear a president speak coherently again. 

Joe is a good speaker, not as good as Obama but pretty good, so it will also be nice just to listen to Biden speeches where the weight of the world isn't resting on every word.

Like, not having to worry that the 78 year old recovering stutterer is going to flub a 5 syllable word and convince just enough swing voters he is senile and cost him the election will also make it easier just to sit back and enjoy it.

Let's also be fair this is a 78 year old man who has struggled with a stutter his whole life. He will never speak as well as Barack Obama, but I think he intends the same. Nothing you said is wrong though. I wish more people internalized this like you did in your post.

It probably feeds into the "hate people with disabilities" group that Trump voters ascribe to.

Just now, vaxick said:

More good news today

2020-10-21T193924Z_1974941650_RC27NJ9O0V
WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

Meadows has shunned masks, suggesting they don’t work.

I'm done with the faux-caring.

I want this motherfucker to die. There. I said it. He is impeding the livelihood of people and letting people die under his watch due to this. Why should I have any magnanimity here?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, marioandsonic said:

Alright, I think we can safely say Biden will be our next POTUS.

Time to play a random victory song from my YouTube Playlist!

Eh, close enough.

Bru, as I've said twice in this thread, Vox, TYT, Decision Desk HQ, and Data for Progress have all called it. It's ostensibly over.

Nice to see I'm validated and others are coming around to the fact it's weird it hasn't been called by major news networks. 

9 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Yeah, there's something really weird going on with the decisions not to call it at this point. I've never seen an on-air guy be so certain of the outcome without the network actually calling the outcome. I don't get it.

We've gone from Trump +600k to Biden +30k in a little over 48 hours.

Every single update nets Biden more than Trump.

Call. The. Fucking. Race.

8 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Bru, as I've said twice in this thread, Vox, TYT, Decision Desk HQ, and Data for Progress have all called it. It's ostensibly over.

Nice to see I'm validated and others are coming around to the fact it's weird it hasn't been called by major news networks. 

Look, until the race is 100% called for Biden, I'm not breaking out the wine goddammit!

• Haha 1