Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

1 minute ago, Joestradamus said:

how likely though?

No idea.  Faithless electors are very rare.  One of the reasons why there were so many in the last election is because both candidates were viewed pretty negatively, even by the electors that were supposed to vote for them.  

6 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

No idea.  Faithless electors are very rare.  One of the reasons why there were so many in the last election is because both candidates were viewed pretty negatively, even by the electors that were supposed to vote for them.  

It's such a good thing that so much of our government is held together with goodwill and faith that unelected government officials will just behave themselves even without penalty or any type of mechanism to hold them accountable.

So, what did the Dems get wrong heading into this election? They had all the ingredients to run away with the white house and both chambers. Right now they are going to just hold on for the White House, unlikely you flip the senate, and had a generally weak showing in the House.

Just now, sblfilms said:

So, what did the Dems get wrong heading into this election? They had all the ingredients to run away with the white house and both chambers. Right now they are going to just hold on for the White House, unlikely you flip the senate, and had a generally weak showing in the House.

i like some of this take

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

Hubris

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Dems get everything wrong, almost every presidential election. Obama was the exception, and that was a force of will.

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

i like some of this take

That last point is very astute. But still sad. I told the whole lot of GOP candidates to pound sand because they have decided to be the party of Trump.

Just now, sblfilms said:

"Shy" Trump voters aren't shy in the literal sense.

They are being underrepresented in polling because Trump has so polarized everything with "fake media" and "fake polls" that for Trump's most ardent supporters a pollster calling them might as well be the head of the DNC calling up and asking them to vote.

In many of these states Dems were never up by as much as we thought. The number of horrible people in this country is a few million more than we previously thought after Trump spent 4 straight years with the biggest bullhorn in the world radicalizing them.

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

Call me deaf but I swear it didn’t start hearing “latinx” until like two weeks ago when I heard John Leguizamo talk about it on Bill Maher’s show.

I've heard it (or I guess read it) for over a year now, as it's the preferred nomenclature in work emails that have to do with diversity and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

I've heard it (or I guess read it) for over a year now, as it's the preferred nomenclature in work emails that have to do with diversity and whatnot. 

I personally hate it. I think the term used in LA is just latin which I vastly prefer.