Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, ort said:

My wife is a Peruvian immigrant and she thinks LatinX is weird and never uses it.

She also eats Guinea Pigs (not really)

I do use Latinx in more formal settings, so depending on what time of the day it is, you might see it from me. Like, if I'm in the middle of shooting off a bunch of email while working at my desk, it'll more likely pop up than if I was just shit posting on a Saturday night.

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Unless there was a violation of federal law or constitution, they have no say. Which is why they invented their equal protection clause violation to butt in where they did not have jurisdiction

What does that have to do with your previous point or what I said to Joe? Or are you just making a generalized point about not liking the outcome of that case? 

Just now, Firewithin said:

good thing biden is working on ATTACKING AND DETHRONING GOD

They picked their fighters, they had the fight, now we just have to wait for the scorecards.

I think it's safe to say that this political showdown will determine once and for all whether Catholic God or Protestant God is the real one.

2CXDS2Q62YI6XLKTJQP5USMQPU.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Legal experts noted that President Trump cannot simply seek the Supreme Court’s intervention in the election and stop the counting of ballots, as he said he intended to do.

• Guillotine 1

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I heard it was mostly going to be from the red counties in the north that will be releasing some additional counts.

There have been a lot of red counties reporting, but remember these are mail ballots, so they've still been really good for Biden.  A lot still out from Atlanta metro area though.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

You and the rest of the fine folks on the boards gave no how’s, because you don’t know any.

I did, actually. Feel free to go back to page ~500 and check. You stopped responding upon the post.

It’s just a vague “the courts!” from most.

Because that would be the only mechanism to be used in his attempt...?

You also argued that it is only norms stopping the end game of holding on to power. I actually pointed to the courts siding with state election law consistently. You can call that norms, but it is simply the law and courts working as they should.

To which I stated “the courts haven’t ruled on the issue being discussed”. 

Where are your examples of something that could actually happen or has happened in the past that shows how a president can hold on to power despite legally losing the election?

Where are your examples of something like this being stopped? Where are your laws that actually prevent any of Trumps attempts? Where’s your definitive mechanism that actually stops it? We’ll be at the mercy of the courts and hoping they rule correctly <- THAT is what’s concerning.

27 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

That's literally all it sort of comes down to. Like, just because I think Colombians sound all hoity-toity and Mexicans are all weird compared to the rest of us and Peruvians eat guinea pigs and neither Brazilians or Haitians even talk the right language, sure. Hell, I don't even know if anyone outside of Puerto Rico considers the rubbish we talk Spanish. None of it matters. We're all exactly the same.

All I know about Latino cultural dynamics is one time an Ecuadorian told me to hide my mayonnaise if I ever had my Argentinean friends over to my house. I don’t know what the implication was beyond the fact that I am white so he (rightfully) assumed I had mayo on hand.

6 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

OH hey we're still ranting about SCOTUS swooping in and stopping vote counts literally the week of the election?  Shit will be called tomorrow.

Yea, that’s not what I’m concerned about. I’m concerned about the repercussions and fall out on this country from the legal battle Trump seems to be initiating. The thought of this being some “stolen election” is already happening, a court battle could enable civil unrest from his supporters. I’m not saying “civil war”, but I am concerned about violence and what this could mean for the future. Hopefully the end winds up being actual laws and not just “norms”.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, that’s not what I’m concerned about. I’m concerned about the repercussions and fall out on this country from the legal battle Trump seems to be initiating. The thought of this being some “stolen election” is already happening, a court battle could enable civil unrest from his supporters. I’m not saying “civil war”, but I am concerned about violence and what this could mean for the future.

Yeah this is gonna happen even if the courts do nothing.