Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s an “amusing” reference to me pointing out that the crazies on this board have this thought process on the election

1. Trump loses

2. ?????

3. Trump holds into power

They can’t actually articulate the middle section, but he’s going to try and so we should be worried. And then when lawsuits happen, like in every election cycle, they say “seeeeee! This is it!”

But they still can’t give an explanation of the relief that could be granted that change the outcome, so they quote my point about there not being an actual mechanism to do it because they have no idea what they are talking about :p 

Except I gave you several middle points as hypotheticals as to the “how” and your response was nonsensical as you never provided the “mechanism” which actually stops it. Besides that, the argument presented was the concern of his attempts and the discourse it could cause, not necessarily the outcome - but hey, you ignored that then so you’ll keep on doing that while slinging insults still. 

Regardless of what happens Trump has won... his ideology has grown in support almost to the point of zealotry... McConnell got re-elected and the Senate is Republican, they can use the close vote as justification for continuing to push their agenda..

Above all else McConnell will try and disrupt whatever Biden tries to do as much as he did Obama.. and frankly Biden doesnt have 1/2 the salesmanship or charisma that Obama did to succeed despite the hostile Republicans..

Maybe we deserve this as a country given the ideology that close to 50% of the nation supports..

Unless a Democrat White House goes “hypocritical” and acts as Trump has for the last 4 years

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

GOP politicians may want to hurry up and look deep in their closet where they stashed their spines for the past 4 years.

Trump is burning down their house on his way out, and their reflex of subordination has become so ingrained that they don't seem to realize it's probably not in theirs(or anyones) best interest for him to do so.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s an “amusing” reference to me pointing out that the crazies on this board have this thought process on the election

1. Trump loses

2. ?????

3. Trump holds into power

They can’t actually articulate the middle section, but he’s going to try and so we should be worried. And then when lawsuits happen, like in every election cycle, they say “seeeeee! This is it!”

But they still can’t give an explanation of the relief that could be granted that change the outcome, so they quote my point about there not being an actual mechanism to do it because they have no idea what they are talking about :p 

This is the only thing keeping me sane during these trying times. Don’t take this from me. :p

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Regardless of what happens Trump has won... his ideology has grown in support almost to the point of zealotry... McConnell got re-elected and the Senate is Republican, they can use the close vote as justification for continuing to push their agenda..

Above all else McConnell will try and disrupt whatever Biden tries to do as much as he did Obama.. and frankly Biden doesnt have 1/2 the salesmanship or charisma that Obama did to succeed despite the hostile Republicans..

Maybe we deserve this as a country given the ideology that close to 50% of the nation supports..

An Attorney General appointed by Biden would be free to investigate fuckery from the Trump years.  Also, states will be unbound from the Trump's presidency shield, and can move forward with criminal and civil investigations. 

That of course doesn't solve Trumpism - even the Nuremburg trials didn't end Nazism, after all. 

Just now, mclumber1 said:

An Attorney General appointed by Biden would be free to investigate fuckery from the Trump years.  Also, states will be unbound from seeking charges against Trump.

That of course doesn't solve Trumpism - even the Nuremburg trials didn't end Nazism, after all. 

Republicans lose and declare victory. Democrats win and declare defeat.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Would this give Dems the 50/50 Senate split?  Or would it still be 51/49?

Sorry this doesn't change anything cause Peters is an incumbent.  Dems best shot at senate is in GA right now, if remaining ballots are good enough its possible Ossof reaches 50%, or at least forces both GA senate races into a run off, then its just a matter if everyone that voted for Biden shows up for the run off.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

An Attorney General appointed by Biden would be free to investigate fuckery from the Trump years.  Also, states will be unbound from seeking charges against Trump. 

I don’t think dems will actually have the balls to do this. They’ll just say “we can’t go around jailing our political rivals” or some shit.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Except I gave you several middle points as hypotheticals as to the “how” and your response was nonsensical as you never provided the “mechanism” which actually stops it. Besides that, the argument presented was the concern of his attempts and the discourse it could cause, not necessarily the outcome - but hey, you ignored that then so you’ll keep on doing that while slinging insults still. 

You and the rest of the fine folks on the boards gave no how’s, because you don’t know any. It’s just a vague “the courts!” from most. You also argued that it is only norms stopping the end game of holding on to power. I actually pointed to the courts siding with state election law consistently. You can call that norms, but it is simply the law and courts working as they should.

Where are your examples of something that could actually happen or has happened in the past that shows how a president can hold on to power despite legally losing the election?

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Biden needs to say “hey Donny, how does my ass taste?”

When this is all said and done, and if can manage to pry the orange goblin out of the White House I would love to see the interaction of a reporter just going up to Trump and be like, "Excuse me Mr. President, how does it feel to be a loser?".

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

You and the rest of the fine folks on the boards gave no how’s, because you don’t know any. It’s just a vague “the courts!” from most. You also argued that it is only norms stopping the end game of holding on to power. I actually pointed to the courts siding with state election law consistently. You can call that norms, but it is simply the law and courts working as they should.

Where are your examples of something that could actually happen or has happened in the past that shows how a president can hold on to power despite legally losing the election?

Bush v Gore was bad for sure, but what people are fearing right now goes WAY beyond anything that happened in Bush v Gore.

Just now, osxmatt said:

Just need AZ and NV to hold.

I believe NV is counting all day and announcing results at 9am EST tomorrow.

As long as we get Nevada then Biden could win any one of AZ, PA, GA, or NC and win.

It's starting to feel a little reminiscent of 2018 where things looked bad early on and then the narrative improved. While the margins have certainly been off, we are down to the wire on all the states we thought we would be other than Florida.