Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Bush v Gore was bad for sure, but what people are fearing right now goes WAY beyond anything that happened in Bush v Gore.

And even Bush v Gore was consistent with the courts siding with state election law! It’s unfortunately a case where they should have gone against it because the result would have been greater enfranchisement of voters with legally cast ballots.

In this scenario, the trailing candidate needs a court to rule that already counted votes should be tossed to bring the margin back in the petitioner’s favor. That is a world of difference and it’s not even clear what specific relief could be granted by the courts to achieve that outcome!

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

So, what did the Dems get wrong heading into this election? They had all the ingredients to run away with the white house and both chambers. Right now they are going to just hold on for the White House, unlikely you flip the senate, and had a generally weak showing in the House.

Running on a boogeyman in the closet platform. 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

Is NC even still a possibility for Biden? The map is looking bleak there. 

To be honest, I don't know.

I know it's within a point and a half and they haven't called it yet. That's why I have been throwing it in with the others as a possibility. I don't know the nitty gritty of what they think remains of the vote to count.

Definitely seems like it is the longest shot from the rest, though

1 minute ago, Commodore D said:

Running on a boogeyman in the closet platform. 

The boogeyman strategy usually works quite well...once. But you need something else to run on after, because people eventually go "well the world didn't end after the other guy won the next time...so I'm not afraid anymore." So while Biden got big turnout against Trump on the anti-Trump message, it won't be enough in 2024. The Democrats need to run on bold, popular ideas.

Galleria-voting-8.jpg?w=1280
WWW.8NEWSNOW.COM

Nevada officials said early Wednesday that no new election results would be released until 9 a.m. on Nov. 5.

However, in Northern Nevada, Washoe County spokesperson Bethany Drysdale says they plan to release another results update at 10 a.m. today, and every day after, until all are out. You can follow the Washoe County election results updates HERE.

Washoe County is also planning a media briefing at 3 p.m. with their Registrar of Voters Deanna Spikula.

So far, the state has counted all early in-person votes, all Election Day in-person votes and all ballots through Nov. 2. Still to count:

Mail ballots received on Election Day

Mail ballots that will be received over the next week

Provisional ballots

It’s unclear how many votes are still outstanding.

We will not know the final results for NV Thursday. 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Lol Scotus overruled the FL supreme court on florida law

Yes? SCOTUS was correct in pointing out what Florida election law was, but they should have sided with the Florida Supreme Court because it would have enfranchised more voters despite running afoul of the laws in the state.

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The boogeyman strategy usually works quite well...once. But you need something else to run on after, because people eventually go "well the world didn't end after the other guy won the next time...so I'm not afraid anymore." So while Biden got big turnout against Trump on the anti-Trump message, it won't be enough in 2024. The Democrats need to run on bold, popular ideas.

Definitely agree; and popular to all, and not just part of their base. If one thing was shown in this election, a lot of what they want to pitch, isn't popular. 

Side note: was talking to my sister, she is all about Harris becoming President, Howard alumni love, she even stated that "she wouldn't mind if...." then I finished the thought for her, "..... if Joe didn't make it through the first term."

Over/under two years of Joe's years as President?

Spoiler

lol, I almost set it at six months.

50 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s absolutely insane that Trump probably would have dominated without COVID given how this has gone :/ 

I'm going back to my theory that COVID may have helped him. If enough people are fed up with everything having to do with the virus, and they agree with his dismissal of everything and fear Biden will equal more restrictions and masks... then they will vote for the guy who is promising to just move on like nothing is happening.

It makes as much sense as anything else. Everyone I know is so fucking sick of everything having to do with COVID. So many people I know think it's just a bunch of nothing and everyone is over reacting.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yes? SCOTUS was correct in pointing out what Florida election law was, but they should have sided with the Florida Supreme Court because it would have enfranchised more voters despite running afoul of the laws in the state.

Unless there was a violation of federal law or constitution, they have no say. Which is why they invented their equal protection clause violation to butt in where they did not have jurisdiction

1 minute ago, Commodore D said:

Definitely agree; and popular to all, and not just part of their base. If one thing was shown in this election, a lot of what they want to pitch, isn't popular. 

Side note: was talking to my sister, she is all about Harris becoming President, Howard alumni love, she even stated that "she wouldn't mind if...." then I finished the thought for her, "..... if Joe didn't make it through the first term."

Over under two years of Joe's years as President. 

Reveal hidden contents

Biden cannot be allowed to run in 2024. In fact, the Democratic party should be actively starting to convince him now that he should step down in 2022 and allow President Harris to finish out the term in order to run as an incumbent in 2024 (with a young, populist man as her VP pick).

13 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

But they both speak Spanish no frighten me so...

That's literally all it sort of comes down to. Like, just because I think Colombians sound all hoity-toity and Mexicans are all weird compared to the rest of us and Peruvians eat guinea pigs and neither Brazilians or Haitians even talk the right language, sure. Hell, I don't even know if anyone outside of Puerto Rico considers the rubbish we talk Spanish. None of it matters. We're all exactly the same.