Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

It's super dumb because they are trying to un-genderize a gendered language. 

My understanding (keep in mind that I’m a dummy) is that it’s like trying to move away from using “guys” to refer to a mixed gendered group, or saying “men and women” or “boys and girls” because that doesn’t include non-binary people. It’s a clumsy attempt to be more inclusive. 

1 minute ago, TheLeon said:

My understanding (keep in mind that I’m a dummy) is that it’s like trying to move away from using “guys” to refer to a mixed gendered group, or saying “men and women” or “boys and girls” because that doesn’t include non-binary people. It’s a clumsy attempt to be more inclusive. 

It's worse than that. "Latinx" simply doesn't make grammatical sense in Spanish. Especially for older Hispanics, it comes across as white people telling them how to speak their own language and getting it horribly wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's worse than that. "Latinx" simply doesn't make grammatical sense in Spanish. Especially for older Hispanics, it comes across as white people telling them how to speak their own language and getting it horribly wrong.

Yeah. I have to be careful because in a corporate env white ppl don't understand that so I have to tip toe their definition of me. 

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

Legit, no cap on a stack, wtf does "no mechanism" mean ITT.

if you @me or "me" with no mechanism you are buying me Cyberpunk 2077

It means that the President doesn't have a clear, direct, legal path to stop/overturn/etc. a state's vote count.  He has to get the Supreme Court (or lower courts maybe) to review their claim and then decide if their case has merit.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Legit, no cap on a stack, wtf does "no mechanism" mean ITT.

if you @me or "me" with no mechanism you are buying me Cyberpunk 2077

It’s an “amusing” reference to me pointing out that the crazies on this board have this thought process on the election

1. Trump loses

2. ?????

3. Trump holds into power

They can’t actually articulate the middle section, but he’s going to try and so we should be worried. And then when lawsuits happen, like in every election cycle, they say “seeeeee! This is it!”

But they still can’t give an explanation of the relief that could be granted that change the outcome, so they quote my point about there not being an actual mechanism to do it because they have no idea what they are talking about :p