WandaVision OT - For the Children!

Pikachu

Welcome to WandaVision. Coming soon to Disney+. Marvel Studios' captivating new series "WandaVision" stars Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, and marks the first series from Marvel Studios streaming exclusively on Disney+. The series is a blend of classic television and the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision—two super-powered beings living idealized suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.

• Pikachu changed the title to WandaVision - Official Trailer

I have to say, I’m much more interested in Marvel D+ series than any of the announced theatrical stuff. I’m hoping the D+ stuff gets a chance to get away from the formula the movies have followed for a decade.

Mild spoiler from the comic this is probably based on...

It's based on a comic called House of M, which I have not read, but it has something to do with Scarlett Witch making some sort of alternate reality from what I've heard... it's supposed to be very good. That's all I got.

2 hours ago, ort said:

Hide contents

It's based on a comic called House of M, which I have not read, but it has something to do with Scarlett Witch making some sort of alternate reality from what I've heard... it's supposed to be very good. That's all I got.

with that nugget of knowledge. It seems like you would be right because

Spoiler

that easily opens up the next Doctor Strange dealing with the Multiverse. With each alternate reality she creates, she creates another multiverse 

21 hours ago, ort said:

Hide contents

I'm thinking it's based on that too. In the trailer there are shots of her being pregnant, and with her and Vision holding babies... 

Since she's also going to be in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, I have to think that MOM will deal with the fallout from this series. 

• 3 months later...
  • Pikachu changed the title to WandaVision OT - Silver Age
17 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

they weren't bad, but much too short. Damn credits were almost as long as the episodes themselves 

yeah credits are super long. 

i don’t mind shorter episodes though as long as they’re good. kinda fits the sitcom theme. 

Yeah considering what they’re doing with the sitcom stuff the length is perfect. Those kinds of plots are 100% not meant to be stretched out over an hour. 

I thought I would hate it but I really enjoyed them. As a 50’s sitcom it works really well and they def nailed that aspect. And then they add just enough mystery and intrigue to keep you hooked. 

I grew up watching shows like that in syndication. But I could see a younger crowd not really being into it. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seems like this is all a coping mechanism for her regarding Vision's death. 50/50 on whether or not the rest of the town is real people she's inadvertently mind controlling but the scene with Vision's boss choking suggests it is. 

I wonder if she and Vision are stuck in some alternate space still alive before Thanos kills him. 

That or X-Men's Legion??????

17 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I have no idea what is going on, but it was amusing

This is the best summation I have seen so far honestly.  I mean I chuckled a few times and had a few trips down memory lane from watching nick at night as a kid... but so far through two episodes it isn't that great.  There is still a good chance that it is going somewhere good - but hopefully it doesn't take much longer getting there.  The Disney format of releasing an episode each week could hurt a show like this if there isn't some form of payoff soon.

This is Marvel spending some of that goodwill they've been working on over all these years. It's not bad, but with essentially no indication as to where it's going, I'm largely sticking with it because it's Marvel and it must be going somewhere. 

It's quite a bold decision to launch the new Marvel Studios Television with this show and these episodes in particular. You'd need some serious confidence to assume your audience will stick with you, and that's exactly what Marvel has.

If nothing else, I'm glad they're trying something different.

Well obviously it’s going somewhere. It’s not like they’ve dropped hard to find, barely noticeable clues that something is going on. It’s pretty damn obvious and the second episode had more out of place stuff than the first. What are you all in a hurry for them to reveal and get to? Hurry up and get to the same boring, forgettable formula from the movies?