WandaVision OT - For the Children!

Pikachu

2 hours ago, ort said:

I never knew that Scarlet Witch was a ding dang Olsen twin. What the heck?

(OK, Olson sister, or whatever, you know what I mean... and how haven't they done Full House on Wandavision yet?)

The late-80s/early-90s episode definitely had Full-House, Family Ties, and Step-By-Step vibes, IMO.

I didn't pick up on much Full House, but the house itself had a similar layout. But a lot of sitcom houses had family room with a similar layout.

I was kinda bothered by how they had the fake TV show scenes in 16:9 instead of 4:3. It's not like they just threw in the towel and went all 16:9... they were flipping between 16:9 and 2.35:1, even though 16:9 is completely wrong for that era of TV.

I guess it's a good sign that this was what I choose to be bothered by, because I really feel like this show is knocking it out of the park. I don't think I realized how much I was missing new MCU stuff. It's been a long time since we've been back to this universe. I've had fun watching it with my sons, who go with me to all of these movies.

Well the Agnes mind unlock scene was obviously misdirection. Well done, showrunners!

And yes the wait is agathanizing. We're now teased Monica's powers, and a confrontation of Vision and the others is set up. The kids are gone, not-Quicksilver is a minion of Agatha and has caught up with Monica....

And I have seven more days of constipated workplace conversations about what we still don't know! :angry:

WOndering what Monica's powers are in this universe. Origin is somewhat similar to the comics, and I liked the subtle nods to her comic costume. Elizabeth Olsen is SO good as Wanda and I liked her bad ass turn, threatening Monica... "Dont make me hurt you!" I was simultaneously amused, scared and a little turned on all at once :p

EDIT: I also loved the tv nods here... The Office, Modern Family and of course The Munsters at the end :lol:

Another great episode...but weren't the last three episodes supposed to be an hour each?

17 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Make sure you guys sit through the first set of credits :whistlin: also

Have there been mid-credits stingers all along or is this the first episode to have one?

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Another great episode...but weren't the last three episodes supposed to be an hour each?

Have there been mid-credits stingers all along or is this the first episode to have one?

This is the first one.

The 3, hour long episode runtimes was misleading but they now think there will be one more 30-40min episode like broadcast and a much longer final episode. This was based on them saying the series was 7hrs in total and someone added up all the first 6 episode runtimes and was left with 3 hours left of Wandavision over 3 episodes 

On 2/19/2021 at 9:01 PM, Kal-El814 said:

Stop wanting episodes to be an hour long, most TV shows are too long and have too many episodes as it is.

i’m fine with short episodes but with the quality of these if they want to have a few longer episodes, i would be glad to have more quality tv. 

wandavision-5-e1611615548406.jpg?w=1024
DEADLINE.COM

Despite the success of WandaVision on Disney+, Marvel Boss Kevin Feige said today at his first TCA that some series will get second or third seasons, while others will hand off to a feature film, a…

“The fun of the MCU is obviously all the crossover we can do between series, between films. So it will vary based on the story. Sometimes it will go into a season 2, sometimes it will go into a feature and back into a series,” said Feige.

“Sometimes, and yet to be announced, we’re thinking of and planning second seasons for some of the upcoming series,” he added.

Ms. Marvel, which is expected to debut on Disney+ later this year, will hand-off to the Captain Marvel 2 movie, Feige also emphasized today.

2 minutes ago, SoberChef said:
"What is grief ... if not love, persevering?" LINE OF THE FUCKING ENTIRE SHOW!!! I felt that so deep within!

These next 167 hours need to fly like the wind, I must know how it ends!

That was a great line... One more episode left? I like how they leaned more into Wanda's actual comic book persona with the chaos magic and propabilty hexes. Now she's more than just a Jean Grey knock off. Clearly Agatha was just an opportunist, we still don't know if there's someone else behind this. 

3 hours ago, Reputator said:

And here I always thought Wanda was given her powers entirely by the stone.

What a hell of an episode. The emotions were SO intense.

That was how she got her powers in the MCU. This was A GREAT retcon since their previous explantation stands since it was true as far as Wanda or anyone else was aware.

This was such a good episode.

They also managed to do something that the comics didn't as far as I know, they made her comic book name actually make sense and have some gravitas and they tied her origins to the more mystical aspects of her origins as well. Now I wonder if they are going to introduce Wundagore mountain (Where she and Pietro were born). It's clear to me that Westfield NJ is a site for the Nexus of All Realities because Agatha mentioned something about it being a place of power during one of here rants. This is a GREAT way for them to further introduce magic into the MCU.

10 hours ago, johnny said:

so is the white (or grey?) vision the same thing as normal vision but without a soul? like same powers? 

Given that some amount of Vision's powers came from the mind stone, I wouldn't expect him to be nearly as powerful. Still, vision's body was a vibranium Ultron body, so it should be quite powerful if restored, even without the stone.