WandaVision OT - For the Children!

Pikachu

4 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

So now everyone thinks the show is awesome. Lol it’s like no lessons were learned from Mandalorian on this board. 

Binge watching has made people forget how serialized stories work. My mom is the same way... she's been watching episodic TV one episode at a time her whole life, but now can't stomach waiting week to week fo new episodes SMDH.

I've had a day to let this stew and this is what I think is happening.

It really is Vision's corpse running around Westview. Wanda is animated his body and changing his appearance. She might be doing the same to others.

However, Vision's mind is his own. Reason being, they explain in Infinity War that Wanda's powers are similar in energy to Vision's mind stone. So she can literally replicate his mind, but only within a certain range of her. So she created the town as a boundary in which Vision can never leave.

• Pikachu changed the title to WandaVision OT - For the Children!

So does this series end with Wanda turning straight villain when Sword along with, maybe, Dr Strange year apart her reality and maybe even cause her children to disappear?

It would be really cool if she was the big bad in the new Strange movie, but I don't think Disney has the balls for that. I'm assuming that everything will reset back to status quo after each TV season for the sake of movie watchers that aren't keeping up with the TV shows.

On 2/1/2021 at 7:27 PM, AbsolutSurgen said:

I just watched that and noticed at the 1:18 mark that Wanda and Vision seem to be squaring off... It only has a couple of frames of the shot.  That could be close to the end.  Maybe Vision realizes he is dead and Wanda is creating a bunch of chaos and he tries to stop her.

18 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

If they’re going to bring the X-Men into the MCU (snore) I kinda hope this show ends with Magneto showing up and helping Wanda. :p

Why do you not like the X-men?  I honestly think they need a break, maybe wait till phase 5 to bring them along.  With all the sequels that are already lined up plus the eternals and the bruce lee one (I forget what it is called) they have plenty to do for phase 4... and I think they will introduce F4.  

5 minutes ago, number305 said:

Why do you not like the X-men?  I honestly think they need a break, maybe wait till phase 5 to bring them along.  With all the sequels that are already lined up plus the eternals and the bruce lee one (I forget what it is called) they have plenty to do for phase 4... and I think they will introduce F4.  

I like the X-Men plenty, I just think the MCU is just fine without them. In general I think a comics universe works better when there aren’t a handful of people walking around who could plug into Cerebro and shut down 99% of problems by literally thinking about it kinda hard, but... that toothpaste has been out of the tube for a while and it’s not like Doctor Strange couldn’t do the same, I suppose. :p

Somewhat tangentially to that, i wonder how the MCU would handle Magneto. They’ve been generally unwilling to let super powerful baddies off the hook at the end of a movie. The X-Men letting Magneto live / Chuck’s enduring friendship with him is one of the more confusing things about Marvel comics, to me.

EDIT - also, Deadpool potentially being the foot in the door for mutants to get into the MCU is just... eh. Again, I really enjoy Deadpool but 3 movies of Van Wilder’s Merc With a Mouth is an awful lot of that character and too much Ryan Reynolds.

• Like 1

I would agree with most of that.

When the do bring them in I kind of hope they bring them in fresh.  I know they are going multiverse with all the past versions of spiderman - and there are talks of bringing back Cap as some alternate dimension version of himself.  But I don't want to see them somehow shoehorn in the big mess of fox xmen movies.  They had a messy timeline as is and questionable quality from movie to movie.  

And a little deadpool does go a long way.  I'm wondering if they are going to go in the same direction with She-Hulk.  She kind of talks to the camera and breaks the 4th wall a lot too depending on which version of her character they go with.

• Like 1

Yeah I feel the same way. More Alfred Molina is a good thing and it’s not like the MCU hasn’t been incorporated into and referenced the multiverse anyway... but I’m hoping that Spidey stuff is mostly cameos.

I also hope they wipe the slate clean with the X-Men.

The next phase is gonna be interesting... we’ve seen plenty of New York, Thor’s well known enough to be recognized on the street while not in costume... so it’s not like the Fantastic Four could easily have just been around the whole time and I don’t think they could get cute with them like they did with The Ancient One in Endgame. Same with the X-Men, none of the people Jasper Sitwell referenced as people of interest were mutants and it seems somewhat unlikely that Hydra just wouldn’t have noticed them. I suppose it’s easy enough to say that the Infinity Gauntlet getting snapped on earth twice activated the X gene as a side effect or Wanda could fart them out somehow... who knows. That would change the origin of some of them pretty dramatically but it’s not like the MCU has been opposed to that.

48 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I hope the X gene business is because of the snap and not because of Wanda, but more of a they've always been here, and actually your original dimension doesn't exist anyway this is reality as of now, there is no undoing or going back. 

I suppose in a post blip world... they’ve always just been there? Kinda weird for them to now show up at the fight in Endgame if that’s the case, but... there’s only so much time and energy to care about these things.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I suppose in a post blip world... they’ve always just been there? Kinda weird for them to now show up at the fight in Endgame if that’s the case, but... there’s only so much time and energy to care about these things.

Not really because the fight ends with Iron Man snap. Avengers are the ones in a bubble, not the world. 

8 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Iron Man snap. Iron man die. Cap goes fucking up time and we don't see it. Maybe Logan ends up with Adamantium cause he was like nah imma hang in this ranch home till 2019. 

I’d pay for a comedy montage of Cap derping through time and space returning the infinity stones. How’s he even getting them out of the briefcase? Just whaling on them with mjolnir so he doesn’t touch them and die? What’s his chat with Red Skull like? He’s cool with injecting Natalie Portman with red goo? Does Ant-Man potion shrink infinity stones?