WandaVision OT - For the Children!

Pikachu

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Was Wanda born with her powers? The show is a little fuzzy about how magic works. Dr. Strange (the movie) seems to imply that everyone has some potential to use magic but that it could also be taken away or blocked. The Scarlet Witch as a concept / constant didn’t seem to make it clear if someone gets born into the role or if someone’s sort of destined to become it?

It doesn’t matter, just curious. :p

A little of both. Everyone is born with some affinity for magic, some just more than others. If a person doesn't explore and train in magic those abilities slowly die out. Before Agatha realized Wanda was the Scarlet Witch, she mentioned that Wanda's magic would have "died on the vine" without any of the training she never got. Agatha assumed that contact with the Mind Stone awakened her mostly dormant magical powers. That much was true, but that awakening was a bit more severe since Wanda is the Scarlet Witch. It's very likely that even her encounter with the Mind Stone was a result of her chaos magic.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The series seems to imply that she always had her powers. She kept that Stark bomb that killed her parents from going off buy casting a "Probability hex" according to Agnes. Which is one of her early powers from the comics.

Yeah, I’m trying to figure out if “anyone” could have cast that spell. The wizards in the MCU aren’t like the ones in Harry Potter, I don’t think. In HP you’re either born a magic user or you’re not, you can’t ever learn to be one if you’re not born that way. Doctor Strange (again, the movie) seems to imply that anyone could potentially cast spells with the right dedication and training.

Wanda being the Scarlet Witch and getting leveled up by the Mind Stone obviously makes her special. Just curious if Wanda’s pre-stone abilities are something she was uniquely “born” with, because I can’t remember if any human in the MCU so far has been BORN with abilities.

26 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Yeah, I’m trying to figure out if “anyone” could have cast that spell. The wizards in the MCU aren’t like the ones in Harry Potter, I don’t think. In HP you’re either born a magic user or you’re not, you can’t ever learn to be one if you’re not born that way. Doctor Strange (again, the movie) seems to imply that anyone could potentially cast spells with the right dedication and training.

Wanda being the Scarlet Witch and getting leveled up by the Mind Stone obviously makes her special. Just curious if Wanda’s pre-stone abilities are something she was uniquely “born” with, because I can’t remember if any human in the MCU so far has been BORN with abilities.

Mutants. :mthinking:

Agatha's flashback and journey through Wanda's memory gave me the impression that certain people are natural born magic users, witches. The blue energy, perhaps natural energy that witches (see Billy) can manipulate. Agatha started reading the Darkhold and pulling energy from the dark dimension (purple), draining others and considered evil (I'll come back to this). In Doctor Strange we learn that everyone has the potential to cast spells with enough study by pulling energy from other dimensions. The orange shields, whips and such. When it's discovered that the Ancient One was pulling energy from the dark dimension to prolong her life (like Agatha now), things got real murky real quick between her, Strange or Mordo.

The lines of magic are now blurred tremendously. What we sort of figured out is that Wanda was a born witch and her contact with the mind stone either turned her (blue) witch magic into (red) chaos magic or she was always born with chaos magic and the stone cranked it up to 11. TBD. Towards the end of WV she still has no idea that she's a witch and has been using spells this whole time (since AoU). The SW can cast without incantation from what Agatha explained. She figures it out right at the end in time to use the runes against Agatha but now with her embracing her witchiness and studying the Darkhold, I'm very curious what direction her character goes.

Remember in Doctor Strange when the Ancient One was shocked to discover Kaecilius, thanks to this dark dimension magic, was altering reality outside the mirror dimension? Well now we have Wanda able to create, manipulate and warp reality on a whim. There will definitely be consequences that I think Doctor Strange will address in his next movie.

That's my little analysis of where we're at with magical powers by the end of WV. It excites me tremendously. Let me know what you think!

41 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

@NeoJoe Yeah, all true.

Honestly other than Monica’s line, the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Agatha saying the Scarlet Witch could be more powerful than the Sorcerer Supreme, just because power level discussions are a pet peeve of mine. :p

revenge of the sith power GIF by Star Wars

2 hours ago, NeoJoe said:
wandavision-doctor-strange-in-the-multiv
MARVELMOVIEVERSE.COM

Elizabeth Olsen and WandaVision creator Jac Schaeffer discuss how WandaVision ties into Marvel's Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness.

Kinda sounds to me like another rumor that may have fizzled (Strange showing up in WandaVision) because it was originally the plan but then got changed because of COVID:

“Truthfully, the connection between ‘WandaVision’ and where we leave Wanda and ‘Doctor Strange 2,’ it was sort of fluid for a time, because we were very much under way before they were entirely underway. So it was a conversation. From where I’m sitting, it’s been very organic. The acceptance arc was the point of ‘WandaVision,’ but the falling action evolved. It’s a lovely way to do a handoff, and I’ve been over here wishing them well in Los Angeles, as they’re in the U.K.”

Can't just casually fly Cumberbatch over for his cameo with all the COVID travel and on-set restrictions.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, Kal-El814 said:

@NeoJoe Yeah, all true.

Honestly other than Monica’s line, the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was Agatha saying the Scarlet Witch could be more powerful than the Sorcerer Supreme, just because power level discussions are a pet peeve of mine. :p

I wonder who would win, Goku vs Wanda

14 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

I wonder if there is any shot for a director's cut of WandaVision once the pandemic is over?

As I said above it was just VFX work that was the issue so they don't even really need the pandemic to end for that.

• 1 month later...