~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

14dc-virus-investigate1-videoSixteenByNi
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

A hedge fund consultant’s summary of private presentations by White House economic advisers fanned investor worries.

• Guillotine 2

The most amazing thing in this is that I see the average person somehow blaming the Democrats for not having a deal go through yet. It’s mind blowing.

If they don’t get a deal signed by November 3rd, a new stimulus package will not happen: if Trump loses, his lame duck session will be filled with more crazy than we’ve seen in the rest of his presidency combined, no stimulus talks, just pure insanity until Biden is sworn in, then the GOP will just go back to being the “party of no” like with Obama and block anything from passing. If Trump wins, the stimulus will be coupons mailed to all Americans for buy-one get-one diet coke.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The most amazing thing in this is that I see the average person somehow blaming the Democrats for not having a deal go through yet. It’s mind blowing.

If they don’t get a deal signed by November 3rd, a new stimulus package will not happen: if Trump loses, his lame duck session will be filled with more crazy than we’ve seen in the rest of his presidency combined, no stimulus talks, just pure insanity until Biden is sworn in, then the GOP will just go back to being the “party of no” like with Obama and block anything from passing. If Trump wins, the stimulus will be coupons mailed to all Americans for buy-one get-one diet coke.

If they lose the senate, and Democrats have the balls to take control, republicans can’t really be the party of no.

Problem is that the Democrats can’t be trusted to ram through legislation while they have a majority. 

They also won’t pack the courts, because Nancy and Chuck consistently bring ice cream to gun fights. 

No bailouts.  No equity.  Let them fail.

EDIT:  A bit heartless, so I'll modify my statement a bit:  In a case where an airline can no longer afford to pay their workers, pilots, crews, etc., the government should step in to pay the workers directly for a period of time while the airline restructures or reduces services in order to be profitable again.  No money should be given directly to the airlines. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Bail out the unions, give the executives to the free market

In this scenario are there two man eating sharks named Free and Market?

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

TRANSLATION: nothing will happen.

I would normally share your cynicism, but this is Canada so it may actually be within the realm of possibility.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

lol democrats are going to start with a compromise position on all of those issues, even after they win the House, Senate, and Presidency!

I'm more concerned with them refusing to do anything about the courts, leading to a loss of the house or Senate and then lol gg the real fun starts.

Most of this stuff has largely already passed the house!